Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Cromag410
Cromag410

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:27 pm

A chuckle was given as he waved to the weapons and the armor. "One does not learn, if one does not experience it." Shake of his head given. "Though, I doubt I'd look good in a dress, and I think Olga would be a more fitting name for a woman of my caliber." Chuckle given as he advanced towards her.

Einar's feet were shoulder width apart, knees bent and feet pigeon toed. So that his knees were pointed inward and able to protect his valuables a bit better. Shoulders were square, but his body was turned a bit that his right side, the side he held his weapon in, was facing her and hiding his vitals. Left hand was held close to his body at the level of his shoulder. Right arm stretched towards her in a forty-five degree angle with the broadsword pointed towards her. "When you're ready, attack me."

Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:42 pm

Amalie laughed a bit. Olga. Nice. She watched him closely, taking note of his movements as he prepared himself. Once she had an idea of what he was going for, she carefully mimicked his stance. Parts felt unnatural and uncomfortable so she shifted, easing into a position that was similar but didn't make her feel awkward or unstable. She blinked, unsure how to even go about attacking somebody. What had she gotten herself into..? She glanced to the side, watching a few other people go about it. Hm. She looked back at Einar and moved a bit, turning her body to take two steps forward before taking a hesitant swing at him.

Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Smirk given as he watched her, noticing that she didn't stand like a Viking. It was a more relaxed and comfortable stance, seemed she may favor speed over power. Moving forward Einar easily brought the flat of his blade down to block her attack. "With all your heart, when you fight, even in sparring, you must attack with your heart. It is ok to hold back in practice against someone your level or lower, but against me there's no reason to hold back. When you attack with your heart, you find your own worth and let your opponent know 'I respect you, and you are forgiven if you take my life'." Smile given as he flicked her sword away.

With his sword he would reach down and pulled her front leg to him, pointed her foot towards him, dragged her back leg closer to her front. That way her bottom was stable and comfortable, without being relaxed. Using the flat of his blade he placed her free hand more behind her, and pointed her lead side more towards him, so that the only thing really facing him was her lead arm, lead leg, and side. "Try that stance. Now, ATTACK!"

Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:58 pm

"I don't know how to attack like that," Amalie said uncertainly, looking down as he moved her all about with his sword. This new stance was different, but she managed to keep from automatically adjusting herself this time. It simply took a few moments to get used to - it was comfortable, but more controlled than what she had done before. She nodded slightly and tried to focus. No more hesitating. She couldn't actually hurt him anyway. Hanging on to that thought, she looked back up and moved once more, taking one step to switch sides before taking a hard swing at his midsection. Hopefully their height difference would be an advantage.

Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:06 pm

Einar smiled as he parried her hard strike, a loud clack and her sword was knocked harmlessly to one side. He made sure it wasn't a hard jarring impact that would cause her to drop her sword. "That is how, when you attack with all your worth, judge your opponent, and dive in recklessly but in control. Don't be scared to lock blades, to feel the impact of a shield, or war cries." Chuckle given as he tapped her lead foot. "Step forward when you attack, and hide the bottom of your face against your shoulder." Her armor, while light enough at first, would start to become heavy because of her lack of skill. "Twist your hips, extend your arm without fully extending and flick with your wrist."

Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Amalie tilted her head, listening with interest. There was a lot more to this than simply whacking each other with a pair of sticks. She attempted to absorb everything that he said, but she wasn't sure how she was going to remember all of this - let alone practice it. It seemed a doomed exercise. However, she refused to give up just yet. It was still more fun than sitting with a tutor and being whacked with a ruler. She smiled a bit at the thought and positioned herself back to how she had been before when he corrected her.

"Okay," she agreed, taking a few moments to concentrate on what he had said before she moved this time. She did as he said, stepping forward with her right foot this time instead of her left, which eliminated the need to turn and attack across her body instead of with the natural direction. Her sword was initially aimed at his, but at the last moment she changed her mind and flicked it at his wrist instead before drawing back from any potential retaliation.

Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Einar smiled broadly as he watched her set herself, extending her arm and flicking her wrist like a natural. Einar merely brought his sword backwards, her tip clacking against the hard flat of his wooden broadsword. "Good, good! Excellent, now try a strike with the blade tip starting at your shoulder, and arching towards my front shoulder." Smile given as he waited for her to strike. "Remember, step, pivot to move your hips and turn into the strike, extend your arm and flick your wrist." Smile given as he watched her. For now it'd be teaching her a few basic strikes and then some stretching, running, and body training.

Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:31 pm

"Alright," she murmured absently, going back to her starting position. Starting with the blade in a different place was strange, but she accepted it. Moving through the step and pivot as he had recommended, she twisted into the strike and arched the blade directly at his shoulder with a bit more force than she had meant to.

Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Einar smiled broadly as he brought the flat of his blade up horizontally to block the strike. Again the blade landed with a loud clack and the jarring would be a bit harder since she put more force into it. "Good, good, we may just make a Valkyrie out of you yet!" Chuckle given. "Alrighty, I want you to do that diagonal strike, follow through, then turn your blade till it's horizontal the tip facing left, and then swing it back towards me, aim for my hip." Smile given as he was going to teach her the basic strikes in a combo. It worked for him.

Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:52 pm

Amalie blinked and fell back a step. That felt weird. Unpleasant. She wasn't used to that sort of jarring recoil from the smack of wood. Stretching her arm a little, she resumed her starting position and coaxed herself to relax. This was going to be difficult, to remember everything that he wanted her to put together. She started out well, doing the same strike as before, but turning and swinging again proved unsuccessful. Instead of hitting his hip, she ended up losing her hold and dropping the weapon before nearly falling over herself. Oops.

Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:57 pm

Einar smiled as he blocked her overhead, "Good," blinking as she dropped her weapon with the back swing. Smirking as he leaned over to pick up the weapon and offered it back to her. "Watch me." Einar turned as if to face an invisible opponent. Einar's right hand moved to deliver a powerful diagonal overhead strike, tip starting at his left shoulder and following through at an angle where the point of impact would've been the arm or shoulder, and then turning his arm and hand to the right side he swung it backwards, the point of impact would've been the hip. "Sorry, I said left instead of right, well, that's the first two and the last is this." Turning his hand over the tip of the blade would be just above the ground on his left side, and he swung it diagonally upwards, point of impact would be the upper gut or the chest. "Do that combo, overhead, horizontal strike, then upwards."

Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 8:03 pm

"Vikings are gluttons for punishment," Amalie grimaced, tired. She smiled a bit and shook her head, turning back into her starting position. She waited for Einar to get back where he had been as well. The demonstration was helpful, because now she at least had a mental image of what she was going for. She exhaled slowly, then started in. A step, a pivot, the diagonal strike from shoulder to shoulder. This time she kept her grip firm yet flexible on the sword hilt, managing the turn and backswing just fine. After that, she mimicked his final swing, going up to his chest.

Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 8:49 pm

Einar smiled and shrugged his shoulders, "We're gluttons, but punishment might be the wrong word." Chuckle given as he set himself and blocked her strikes. Nodding to her form, "Good good, a bit more power, try to keep stepping and turning your body. Make your strikes quick and sharp, after all, the faster and harder you swing, the more force you carry. Brute strength can only do so much in a fight."

Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 8:52 pm

"I don't know if I can do hard swings," Amalie mused. "They make me tired. Faster I can do, but harder.. I don't know about that," she added, eyeing the wooden sword in her hand before she shrugged and looked up at him with a smile. For a moment, she thought that he looked different - a little shorter, with longer hair and different clothing.. but then it was gone. She blinked and frowned in confusion, then shook her head. More tired than she thought. Hm. "Should we practice more?"

Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 8:54 pm

Einar smiled and nodded to her. "You can, when you can swing a sword as hard as a man my size, for as long as the sun is up, then when you do fast precise swings, it'll be like toying with a branch." Smirk given as he leaned in and tapped her armor. "The leather, also, is probably getting a bit heavy. Though for now, I think we should stretch and take a run around the track. After all, swordplay is wasted if you don't train your body as diligently as the sword, or your mind for that matter."

Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:01 pm

"You're insane," she decided, tossing her sword at him lightly. "But I would rather run than keep up with this."

Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:18 pm

Einar chuckled and caught the sword, returning it to the weapons rack and waved for her to follow him. Moving to the dirt track he stood with his feet together and leaned down, palms flat on the ground as he stretched. Sticking one leg out and leaning to the side, reaching for the heavens, turning and reaching to the sides, basic stretches. Then he'd wave for her to follow him, starting to jog, then falling back to match her rhythm.

Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:22 pm

Amalie wiggled her way out of the leather, then followed Einar over to the track. Running. Hm. It wasn't something she ever really did, but she was still in decent shape. Lord Rosenthal would never have allowed otherwise. She had to be physical perfection in female form. Rolling her eyes at the thought, she watched Einar stretch out. Hm. She mimicked him a little, feeling the dull ache in her arms fade a bit. Ah! That was much better. She smiled and ran after him, poking him in the side before falling back a little to run around to his other side and poke him there.

Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:26 pm

Einar smirked at this as he felt her poke him in one side, then the other. With a flick of a grin and a bow of his head, the massive viking took off like an arrow, sprinting ten yards in merely a few seconds before turning and jogging backwards, sticking his tongue out at her. "Ha, slowpoke! All work and no play, makes a Viking slow and dull!"

Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:28 pm

"That's cheating! You're picking on the poor noble girl who can't run!" she laughed, scooping up a small rock before running after him. She hurled it at his forehead, all the while laughing as she ran by him and tried to trip him.

Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Einar smirked and shook his head. "Poor Noble Girl? Isn't that a little backwards, can't be poor and a noble!" Smile given as he ducked under the rock easily, turning as she ran up to him and jumped over her feet. Running by her as he extended an arm to give her a playful shove of the shoulder.

Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:33 pm

Amalie laughed and ducked under his arm, using the opportunity to prod him in the side again before running off ahead of him. So far she wasn't lagging, but she was definitely feeling a lot more awake than she usually did.

"Come on, slow-poke!"

Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Smirk given as he was prodded in the side, Einar's breathing was even and calm. Even with the bursts of speed it was evident that he kept himself in top shape. Running after her he would reach out with both hands and try to grab her shoulders, pushing her a bit faster. Not doing a sudden burst where he'd be carrying her and possibly trampling her.

Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:47 pm

Amalie squealed in surprise at the touch and laughed, running a little faster and ducking to the side to run next to him instead of in front of him. They were making fast progress around the track and she barely even noticed, too distracted by playing with him to even care about how tired she was getting from the exercise she was completely unused to.

Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Einar smiled broadly as she ducked to the side, running side by side with him. Einar was surprised by her progress, already a fourth of a mile was gone and they were still running and playing. While Einar could circle this about ten times, does not mean she can. Einar smiled and reached out to prod her side like she did to him.

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter
Page 7 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Romance Roleplays :: One-on-One Romance Roleplays-
Jump to: