Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:35 pm

Amalie met his eyes for a moment after he cleaned up the mess. He looked away but she kept watching him, settling back into her spot on the soft pillow. She saw him get out a sword and would have been alarmed, except that she also saw the stone and the fact that he didn't move toward her. Instead of panicking, she observed him, watching as he dragged the stone along the edge. It was a practice she had seen before out her windows when watching people in Kiel. So many similarities.. So many differences..

She gazed at his face as he started singing. Though she did not understand the words or the reason that he sang, she did know that his voice was soothing. He wasn't even paying attention to her. His eyes were on his blade, as if she wasn't even there. She laid back against the wall, still sitting up as she watched him for a few moments longer. Staying up all night began to take its toll, and before he was finished with his song, she was asleep with the animal skin half off her lap and a blonde curl falling in her face.
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:47 pm

Smiling as he felt her gaze, Vikings took pride in singing, sailing, stories, fighting, and family. His voice was nothing compared to some Bards, but he felt his voice was good. Finishing his song and sharpening his sword he looked up at her and smiled broader. Reaching forward, his body moved as well, wrapping his arms around her and lifting her sleeping body. Setting her down on a mass of pillows and pulling the skin over her, placing another one on as well. Einar retreated to a wall, not tired and assuming she'd freak out if he cuddled her when she woke. Male grabbed his armor and began to clean it with a wool rag, also removing cloth that silenced it. Returning his armor to pristine original condition.

Einar would be awake and still working over his armor when she awoke. Another plate of food and a skin of berry mead next to her. Gray eyes focused on his armor, deep voice singing again. "O'er the seas I go, a home to return to, my kin is all I know, wetness on the plants of dew, a successful time away frome home, my body to rest no more to roam, I sit here now a man, I yearn for home and a woman." Accent butchering the English language, but the tone and pitch was nice. Sigh goven as he continued to clean his armor.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:55 pm

When Amalie woke up, she didn't want to move. It was almost like being home. A warm, comfortable place to sleep.. the rocking of the boat.. Wait, rocking? She opened her eyes and reality set in. Something smelled good though, other than the food she saw next to her. The animal skins. They made her think of home. But why? There were no such things in her home.

She sat up and looked over at her captor, who was singing again. The song was actually rather nice now that she could - though barely - understand it. She ate the food in silence, watching him.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Looking up at her he smiled, teeth were not perfect, though in such an age perfect teeth wasn't even an attribute nobles could afford, much less Viking Jarls. " Almost two days on a barbarian ship and you're warm, healthy, respected, and I think happy." Eyesooked into her own. "Seriously consider what marriage to me would mean. A clan of vikings and warrior women who would serve you, a man who would listen to you as much as hold you, and whatever wealth you want." Words spoken true and his eyes piercing her own. "Your own father kept you as a dove, I wish to make you an eagle."

Einar put down his armor and crawled to her slowly. Large Viking head rested in her lap if she let him. His hair was wild and coarse, his breath smelled of honey and spices, his skin tanned and warmed by the sun. Even though it was incredibly cold he was very warm.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 9:13 pm

"Whatever wealth I want? You mean whatever you all decide to steal from people who work hard for their coin?" Amalie asked, frowning. "You only speak of the good things. But what of the bad? I despise your lifestyle. I want to go home and live in my house and not have to worry about things like boats and stealing and a whole bunch of people who are probably going to hate my guts and think that I am some spoiled little rich brat."

She was silent for a few moments after that, crossing her arms. She didn't shove him away, but she didn't welcome his presence either. "Why do you hate my father so much?"
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 9:24 pm

"Nobles steal from their people in forms of taxes, and they enforce strict laws out of fear." Eyes looked up at her as he stared in her eyes. "You want the bad? Yes, we steal, raid, and pillage, never the same place too often less the people starve. We don't kill those who are innocent or pay tribute. Guards are an unfortunate gray area, though I've seen creulty come from many 'civilised' guards." Shrug given as he looked at her. "Nobody is perfect, and we all make our livings the way we have to. As for your father, he slew many of my bretheren, and women and children. Burned them, flayed them, and shot them in the back when he told them they were free." He made no move to touch her more or move away. "I care not of your father, though his presence disgusts me. I took you because you fought my men, but I saw a woman fighting for life, not happiness. You worried that I'd rape and kill you. You say you wish to go home, but you frown when you speak of it." Looking up at her he shook his head. "I scare you, and you're scared of the stories you hear. I will make you much happier than some arranged noble your father picked. Some ass who would give you to me so that he may keep HIS stuff, and let me rape you if it meant I would not come back."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Amalie frowned. Did he know or was he guessing? He was a good guesser if that was the case. It seemed like he knew everything about her, in a way. The arranged marriage was no secret, though he probably didn't know that she hated the man who had been chosen for her. Or did he guess that too? Probably. She was starting to think he was right. Her father had not even moved when she was taken away. He didn't care..

"What makes you think you can make me happy?"
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 9:38 pm

Einar's eyes looked up and he grabbed her hand softly. Her cold, soft pale flesh nothing compared to the thick, worn, calloused skin of his palm. He put her hand on his throat and his eyes never left hers. "My land is full of green grass, vibrant wild flowers, trees as tall as giants, and so many creatures my people couldn't eat them all in twenty winters. My city is a few hundred thousand strong and growing, crops harvested each year from the hard ground. Worked by honest hands, and paid for by coin and trade sometimes not honestly got. I have more wealth than a king, and people who love me." Eyes looked ibto her own. "I can make sure you're happy because I don't want wealth, war, or fear from my subjects. I will make you happy because I can care. If I don't, in one month's time I will send you back home and accept my execution."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 9:45 pm

"A month? You said that I had three days. Three days to decide if I want a husband, and yet you're telling me that you're so much better than the arranged marriage my father had in mind. At least the arranged marriage didn't involve kidnapping! Which is? A month or three days?" Amalie asked, frowning a little. Everything sounded nice, sure, but he was just confusing her.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Laughed at her. "Three days till we get home, and I would prefer a decision then, a month for me to make you happy. Atleast this kidnapping will make you a queen and free. Under no thumbs but the gods themselves." Smile given as he looks into her eyes. "When men war or raid in viking society, the women defend the homeland. Which means any woman is as good as a man." Smile given as he laid in her lap, watching her closely.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:17 pm

Amalie tilted her head a fraction. Prefer. Not required. The circumstances were changing more rapidly than she could truly fathom. She understood the need for a time frame on his end, but she did not understand why it seemed he was giving her more of a choice now than before. From what she gathered now, she could tell him that she wasn't ready to make a decision in three days. She suspected that she could tell him she wanted him to prove that he could make her happy first, then make her decision, which would grant her a month of.. this in-between-ness. But why would he give her that when she was just his captive? Why did she get the feeling that he wasn't joking, and that he actually somewhat respected her?

No, that was insanity.

"Defend the homeland?" she repeated, eying him. "I can not fight."
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:28 pm

Eyes locked onto her own still. "You are a nobleman's daughter, which means you've seen the political game played, know how to throw words in the face of people less intelligent than you. I need a female leader as much as I need wariors." Smile given as he patted her leg softly, never removing her hand from his throat. Though his hair was rough and coarse, his skin was soft and warm, but thick. His arteries and vei ns pumping powerfully, throbbing under her fingers.

Smile given as he sat beore her. "This is confusing I know, and I keep changing my words, sorry. But you claim not to know how to fight, but you scratched, clawed, and spat at me. Swung a fire poker at Feimdall, and you spit fire in your questions.." looking at her as he sat before her. "My name is Einar Bjornssen. I forgot to introduce myself."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:34 pm

"That is not real fighting," she argued. "I didn't stand a chance then, and I wouldn't in a fair fight either." She looked down at him, feeling his pulse through all of her fingers. It was a stark contract. Pale white fingers, slender and unused to any sort of strain, laying on top of tanned skin that was soft but sturdy as though it had seen countless long days of work. She shifted her eyes back to his, finding him already looking at her. Einar. That was not as bad as she expected.

"My name is Amalie. You already know the rest of it," she said, shrugging a little.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:46 pm

Einar smiled, reaching up to run his hands over her forearm. "You knocked out three teeth, bit and clawed hard enough to leave marks, if you had a real weapon, I would not be here nor many of my men." Eyes locked onto her. "I liberated you from oppressors, and I am sorry that it was through force. If I can make it up to you in a month, I will be happy as can be, and if not I will...I WILL walk with you back through the gates of Kiel and surrender." Words spoken strongly. Hand caressing her skin as he sat before her with her hand on his throat.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Amalie blinked and stared at him. Did she really do that much damage with just a fire poker? Huh. She smiled faintly as he claimed that he wouldn't have any men left if she had a real weapon. It was a lie and she knew it, but it was amusing anyway to think of taking on a bunch of vikings in her nightgown.

"Fine. I will give you one month. But if you go back to Kiel, you're going to be hanged without a trial. Lord Ros-.. I mean, my father does not give trials to vikings. Being wrong with this is a death sentence for you," she pointed out to him, slowly removing her hand from him with a frown.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:04 pm

Smirk was given as he watched her smile. Einar felt her ha d withdrawn and he nodded to her. "Agreed." He whispered to her. Hands grabbed her fur and pulled it around her before pulling her to himself. Smiling to himself as he looked down at her. "I am glad you're giving me a chance. I will try my best, I promis upon Odin." He said to her as he held her close. His scent and warmth washed over her, as well as a feeling of safety and comfort.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:18 pm

Amalie blinked in surprise as she was wrapped in fur and pulled into Einar's lap like a child. Even through the animal skin, she could feel his warmth against her. It was oddly comfortable, though she could not remember a time that she had been held this way. Perhaps when she was a child, but her father had never spoken much about her childhood. He always seemed to avoid the subject, and she wasn't sure if she even had a nursemaid to ask about such things. She assumed his problem was that her mother had died during childbirth, or so she had heard. It was a bit of a mystery. But this.. this was nice. She relaxed despite herself, refusing to meet his eyes since it'd probably just amuse him that she didn't hate it.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:28 pm

Einar held her close, muscled form was a stark contrast from any nursemaid or servant. Man held the power to kill her with a squeeze, but all she could feel was warm and safe. His body was like the walls she surrounded herself with at home, safe and strong. His right hand reached up and would softly stroke her head, deep voice singing in his odd language.

Secretly Einar did not expect this to work, after all she was raised amongst civil people. He knew nothing of her, just her culture. Well, he k ew of her father and what travelers said of him. When Einar saw Amalie he could see an adventurous spirit, if he died, he knew she could never stay home. Smile given as he sung, petting her if she let him.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:35 pm

Amalie was torn.

In one hand, she despised this. She felt as though she was being treated like an infant, all wrapped up and snuggled, and now he was even singing to her and petting her. It was horribly condescending! All it made her think was that everything he had spouted off earlier was a pack of lies and he just wanted to get her to relax so that she wouldn't fight him as hard. Make his own life easier. She wanted to just punch him and shove him on the floor and order him to take her home or at least slit her throat.

However, on the other hand, she was enjoying it. The touches of his hand in her hair made her relax. Her long blonde curls slid under his fingers like a waterfall, washed and brushed to a silken perfection every night before bed to avoid annoying tangles. It felt so nice, and his hold was firm enough that she stopped thinking about the sound of the waves outside and the rocking of the boat. His voice was nice as well, but it made her want to fall asleep again, and she couldn't do that in the middle of the day!

Wait, what time was it? She honestly didn't know. And what did she have to do out here? Nothing. She could nap if she wanted to. Realization hit that she didn't have any noble duties at the moment and she blinked a few times, then closed her eyes and relaxed more.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:44 pm

Einar could feel her struggling with herself, she may feel like an animal but that was her urge to be free. Einar was trying to distract her and also get a better rapport with her. Deep voice washed over her as he heard his men singing as well, all their voices melded together. Einar's hand rand through her hair, a dark tanned skin hand through locks of pale blonde hair.

He felt her relax and sink into him. Looking down at her form, feeling her relax from the weightlessness of freedom. Soon his song ended and he was left hugging her and stroking her head. "Freedom is nice, relaxing all day, bundled in furs, and sleeping when you want. One more day, then you get to see my city, people, and your new home. Not a new room, a new HOME."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:56 pm

"Okay," Amalie murmured sleepily, half listening. So comfy.. She craved a nap more than anything all of a sudden, thanks to his singing and her own full belly. Usually, she would be up and bathed and sitting in lessons by now. Though she was too old for the lessons of children, her father still felt the need to drill politics into her head. Or perhaps by now she would be sitting at a long, cold table eating lunch with him at the other end, conversation forbidden. Such thoughts floated from her mind and she fell asleep there in Einar's arms, content.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 12:17 am

Smile given as he held her before laying down himself with her in his arms. Holding her close to himself as he would take a nap himself. His snoring absent as he laid with her, not waking her by tossing and turning too. Smiling as his warmth and those furs would make her hot, the cold a thing of the past, and hopefully the loneliness. Eyes closed, and his great chest heaved up and down as his great lungs filled with air. Viking would sleep longer and deeper than Amalie probably would. More comfy on this boat than she was.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 12:22 am

When Amalie woke up, it was because she was absurdly hot. She wiggled her way out of Einar's arms and the animal skin, the sudden chill a welcome change. Eugh. She felt yucky. Taking a small piece of rope that she found, she tied her hair back from her face and held an animal skin around her. Einar was still sleeping. She peeked out of the room, curious.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 12:37 am

The ship was long, roughly the length of a warship, but short and wide on the waters. Some splashed over the edge, the vikings paid her no mind as they sat about talking, fixing the riggings of the sails or sleeping. The cold and cold water not even registering to them. Some of her maids and servants plus a couple of peasants huddled together, sleeping with different colored coins in their hands. Some copper, some gold, most silver. It was cold, the sea was dark as it was night on the second day.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 12:46 am

Amalie gazed at the ladies she recognized. They seemed so.. content. She glanced at the water and flinched back, retreating into Einar's room again. There would be no walking the deck for her. She wandered back to the side of the bed, right as the boat hit a large wave. It rocked her forward and she fell with a yelp, landing right on Einar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Romance Roleplays :: One-on-One Romance Roleplays-
Jump to: