Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:11 am

Amalie just sat there and cried for several minutes while she settled down from all that she had seen. Her memories had opened up so fast that she was realizing now that she missed quite a few that simply passed too quickly. She brooded on them, allowing her mind to adjust and explore the new thoughts and feelings. As she did, she realized Einar was right. Lord Rosenthal had attacked villages several times before, as he had boasted, but it wasn't the same as when Einar did. Instead, he attacked when he knew the men were away or busy. What a coward..

"Can we go train more?" she finally asked, peeking up at Einar.
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:17 am

Einar watched as she settled down, her tears drenching the front of his tunic as she cried on him. Smiling as he heard her words and he nodded to her. "Yeah, we can train whenever you want. Should I grab your maidens as well?" Question asked as Einar looked into her eyes, smiling as he leaned backwards to look at her better.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:21 am

"No," she said immediately, shaking her head a little. She wanted to hit something, and she wanted to hit it hard. If it was one of the ladies, she'd feel bad, even though they were a lot stronger than she was. She knew hitting Einar would be like punching a brick, though.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:23 am

Einar smirked and nodded at her. Feeling the anger, the tension, and frustration that she was holding inside of herself. Einar subconsciously rubbed at his chest and abs, as if he had an itch all of a sudden. "Alright then, let us move to the field then." Smile widening on his face as he'd help Amalie up and walked out of the hut towards the field. "So, Amalie, weapons or fists?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:27 am

"I'm not Amalie," she said instinctively, then she shook her head a little. She had to still answer to Amalie, that's all anybody knew. But the name felt dirty, now, and she wanted nothing to do with it. Ignoring that, she turned to Einar and attempted to decide which would be more satisfying. "Fists," she declared after a moment.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:39 am

Einar blinked and tilted his head to her. "Then what? Kadlin?" Einar threw out there instinctively. When she said fists he merely balled his up and raised them, looking at her. "Quick tip on punching, turn your arm, keep loose until point of impact, and aim to hit between your index and middle knuckle." Einar sighed, breathing in and steeling himself as he looked at her, wondering if she'd play defensively or aggressively.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:43 am

She tilted her head back at him and smiled. Kadlin. It was who she was supposed to be, yet wasn't. She listened to his tip, nodding once before stepping forward and hurling a hit at his belly without waiting a moment longer.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 am

Einar smirked as he could see through her attack, it wasn't her fault. Just that her eyes and body movement gave it away. Einar's right hand slid down and forward, palm turning outwards to stop her fist in the meat of his hand. It would feel as if she smacked a leather bound sack of hard meat. Einar did not a thing as he watched Kadlin...fully comfortable being defensive for now.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:00 am

Being stopped didn't matter. She expected it. Einar was far more experienced, but she was angry. Instead of pulling back to resume the starting stance as would be typical of a training session between them, she kept herself close and knocked his hand away with her left arm, her body shifting to draw back and jab at him again.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:10 am

Einar's arm was like a thick oaken branch, she definitely made contact with him. Though his arm moved about as much as one would expect, not alot. Right hand once more able to block her jab. It was not her fault, and no error of her own, merely that his strength and experience exceeded her own because of his upbringing and because of his gender.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:12 am

"Einar, can I ask for a favor?" she asked, thinking belatedly that perhaps using one of the girls would have been a better idea. Still, she didn't give up, drawing back to knee him right between the legs since punching him was doing no good at all and she was too close to kick him in the knees.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:46 am

Einar nodded as he looked at Kadlin...Amalie....no Kadlin would probably be better from now on. "Yes, yes you can." Einar's right hand dropped to guard his family jewels while his left hand shot forward to push against Kadlin's chest to try and send her backwards from him. Resetting his stance once more.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:54 am

Kadlin fell back, not expecting the shove because she hadn't been paying attention. She didn't fall over, but she did put a few feet between them as she regained her balance and straightened back up to face him with a steady expression.

"I want to go back to Kiel."
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:10 am

Einar blinked as he looked at her, eyes widened and his skin crawled a little bit, but he shook his head, steeling himself. Nodding to her words he merely smirked and said. "Alright then, though I must prepare myself."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:15 am

"Fair enough," she accepted, nodding once before turning and going over to the rack of weapons. She picked up two of the wooden daggers, one in each hand. Easy to hold and easy to conceal. These would do quite nicely for what she had in mind. "Teach me to use these?"
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:46 pm

Einar blinked and nodded at her, tilting his head a bit. Getting the feeling that she wasn't going to go home to deny his hand in marriage. Though Einar would still go to Kiel with that in mind, that he would have to accept his oath that he made. Einar nodded to her, moving behind a large shack before picking up a straw dummy and setting it before her. "Sorry we didn't have this earlier, alot of the other boys break these."

Einar would grab a wooden staff that they use for spear training and spread her legs about shoulder width, spaced them so she'd be in a comfortable crouching position. Placing her hands a bit wide to either side and having her bend, but keep her back comfortably straight. "The key to daggers is slicing to immobilize, and stabbing to kill." Einar used the staff to quickly make slashing motions at the wrists, forearms, thighs, and knees, then stabbing motions above the heart, on the neck, the eyes, and under the armpits. "Armored foes are only weak at the joints, while leather and non-armored foes are vulnerable everywhere but harder to hit.*
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:55 pm

Kadlin nodded as she watched him, moving as he prodded her until she was crouched down defensively but still comfortable. She observed where he pointed out the spots on the dummy, taking mental notes. Immobilize first, then kill. Slice then stab. She smirked a bit and waited for him to step back, then moved forward slowly to test how she would have to use this positioning. It was different to keep low to sweep under possible lashes from the hands, but it allowed her easy access to slice behind the knees. Being small was an advantage. She pondered that, rising thoughtfully and twisting her body behind the dummy so that she was in easy reach to bury the blades in the spine or back of the neck. Interesting. She decided she liked these far more than a sword.

"What about blocking with these?" she asked, coming around to the front again and looking to Einar as she mentally explored the possibility of running into armed guards who got wise to her plans before she made it to Lord Rosenthal.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Einar walked forward and grabbed her hands, making sure that both blades were facing up. Then he crossed her hands so that the blades made an X shape. "Parry and sweep the attacks to the side. Daggers are not made to take full blows. Unless you're using a Scaramsax, or a Seax." Smirk given as he looked at her. "They're more the size of a Dirk than a Dagger, but they're as sturdy as an ax."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:02 pm

"Are they heavy?" she asked, looking up at him. She doubted she would have to defend against a hard blow, but if she did, she did not want to get a bent blade out of the exchange.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Einar walked off, waving for Kadlin to stay, returning about ten minutes later with a sheathe that fit on one's back. In truth the sheathe was a few inches shorter than a short sword, but not too much longer than the daggers she held. Grabbing the bear hide grips, with the pommel at the end of the blade being a simple dark silver sphere. Withdrawing the blade she'd see that it was double bladed, but the blade was rather thick for a Dirk-sized weapon. There were no adornments, and the blade was slightly blued. "Scaramsax, also known as a Seax. Vikings use these on our ships to cut cords, cut fire wood, skin animals, just about anything." Einar smiled at her as he flipped them so he was grabbing the blades and she was grabbing the handle.

If she took them from him she'd realize that even the wooden daggers she held weighed more than the Seax she held onto.....maybe it was that way for all the weapons.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:14 pm

Kadlin watched Einar leave, turning absently once he was out of sight to put the wooden daggers back where they belonged. She eyed the straw dummy thoughtfully as she waited, trying to picture it as Lord Rosenthal instead. It just didn't do it justice. She looked up as Einar came back, eying the sheathe in interest. Not too large, she noted. She tilted her head and watched him draw it. Not gorgeous, but definitely fuctional. She reached out and took the handle when he flipped it, lifting it experimentally. That was a lot lighter than she expected. She blinked and looked up at him with a grin.

"I like it."
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:20 pm

Einar nodded as he looked at her. "When using Scaramsax you must concentrate alot harder than with a dagger. A dagger will slice.....Scaramsaxes will cut. A dagger will wound while a Scaramsax will kill." Einar looked at her with a serious look in his eyes. "Remember to treat the weapons like a part of your body, move them in tandem, but don't leave yourself open. Small movements, not exaggerated."

Einar walked over to the rack and grabbed a wooden ax, and a wooden broadsword. Seeing him hold them now, wasn't that what he used when he kidnapped her? Einar was a florentine man, a dual wielding warrior. Einar breathed in then exhaled sharply. Turning into a tornado of blows, but deliberately going slow for her. Using the flat of his ax to swat away an arm to sever it with his sword, or stabbing his sword through an arm to chop at the neck with his ax, each movement either set up or aided the strike of the other weapon.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 10:40 pm

Kadlin nodded, watching him closely. Kill, not wound. Perfect. She was surprised when Einar picked up two weapons. A real blade against wood? She hesitated, uncertain, but he wasn't pausing. There was no time to protest, she simply had to react. Fighting off two weapons with one was hard. She focused on his torso, sidestepping one blow and quickly moving in to the other. Though she had to deflect a hit with her left shoulder, it allowed her to lash out at him with the blade in her right hand.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 10:48 pm

Einar was a flurry of blows, but they were very deliberate. There's a reason he's a formidable dual wielder, it was his size and strength ontop of his wit and reflexes. She would find that deflecting his weapon with any part of her body that wasn't her weapons was like trying to deflect a hammer. Wooden weapons striking, even slowly, as if they were made of solid metal. Einar, almost easily, was able to swat away her weapons with the flat of his wooden weapons and strike her open areas. Again he was going slow, but not turtle paced, to help orient herself with her weapons.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 10:51 pm

Kadlin thought she was getting better at keeping an eye on both weapons, but a misstep later, she took a hit to the side and ended up tripping over herself. She squeaked in surprise and ended up on her hands and knees in front of Einar, her blade skittering several inches away as she dropped it. Well, that was delightful. She'd be dead if this was an actual fight.

"Two against one isn't fair," she complained, ignoring the ache and gradually getting back up on her feet to look at him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Romance Roleplays :: One-on-One Romance Roleplays-
Jump to: