Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A new Day Dawns

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

A new Day Dawns - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:58 pm

Keladry hesitated. That was rude. How dare Desera try such a thing? If this was territory of somebody who was supporting what she was here to try to do, why should she sit here and let them be run over by people who wanted to war with them? It seemed wrong! Shouldn't she try to help them, at least a little bit?

"Okay," she said after a minute. "How am I supposed to tell them that?"
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:03 pm

The cook smiled. "The soldiers answer to you, not to Lon, especially since he's no where to be found, and you be right here. So...let's simply give them a bit of inspiration!" The cook jumped from the cart, and bend over on the ground to look beneath it. He poked his arm under, and took out an elegant sword, the handle a shimmering silver and ivory, and the sheath enameled black dragon-scale. "Lon told me to be keeping this for you...it be an old artifact of your family, but now be as good a time as any to be giving it to you. Now tie it around your hip, mount a saddle, and ride forward to tell your soldiers that Desera can't have this land!"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:13 pm

"Uhh.. Alright," she said, taking the sword for him. She had never held a sword this beautiful in her life. It was gorgeous. In fact, she realized, it didn't even look like a weapon. She hesitantly tied it on, shifting around a little since she was definitely not used to the weight. Her mother would scream and faint if she could see her now! The thought amused her and she smiled a little, looking back up at the cook. "I don't have a horse. And how exactly does one inspire soldiers..?"
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:17 pm

The cook raised a brow at the girl, and pointed to the horse strapped to the cart. "It no be an Imperial stallion, but it be good enough in a pinch." The cook said, pulling off the reigns and motioning to the girl. "You won't really be charging into battle, you no be needing a saddle. As for how to inspire the soldiers...speak from the heart. Draw the sword, and tell them what you think about what Desera is doing. Be who you are, dear." he said, and motioned to the sword. "The blade is red as ruby, but it is stronger than any steel you will ever find. Do not fight with it this day, but use its beauty to remind them...remind them who we are." he said.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:28 pm

Keladry swallowed and went over to the horse. This did not feel like the best idea she had ever had, honestly. She knew that Lon was going to be angry, for the simple fact that he had ordered her to stay with the cart and had a Very Serious Face on when he said it. But.. he might be pleased she helped, right? She looked over to where the fighting was, wishing she could simply ask him. Or anybody! A second opinion would be wonderful! She looked back down at the sword, drawing it out slightly to look at the blade for a moment before dropping it back into the sheath.

"Alright. I'll do what I can," she said, hopping up on the horse. Thank goodness she knew how to do that from home without a saddle, or she would have felt completely ridiculous. She bit her lower lip, then nudged the horse into motion as she held the reins and headed over toward the soldiers. Well, this should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:34 pm

A few of the soldiers looked up in surprise as the queen to be rode toward them. One, with a plume of black feathers pouring from his helmet, looked toward the battle, where they were being all but ignored, and then stood and walked to the queen, giving the order to break formation. The Deserese were not stupid enough to attack them, at least.

"Your majesty. I am Ordul, Captain of this small regiment. What can I...do for you..." He said, and made note of the sword that she wore.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:37 pm

Your majesty. Seriously? That was going to take some getting used to.

"I was just wondering why you all aren't fighting," Keladry said honestly. "Isn't this your city..? And it's being attacked.. Why are you not defending it?" she asked, making no move to touch the sword on her hip. It felt silly! A decoration that she had no idea how to even use.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:40 pm

Ordul was taken aback, and looked at his soldiers, most of whom were born here. He himeself was born in Imperia, but he understood. He also understood where this was going. "If you wish us to fight, you have but to ask, my lady." He said, and nodded to his soldiers. "We will fight to our last breath. Simply say the word."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:45 pm

"I want you to fight if you want to fight," Keladry said, then she sighed. "Look, honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing right now. I'm probably going to get yelled at when I go back over there because I was told not to move. But it seemed to me like you all should be helping. Please, forgive me if I'm overstepping my bounds here, but.. Somebody back there said that most of you are from this city. I know if somebody was attacking my home and my family, I would want to fight back and try to stop it."
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:53 pm

Ordul smiled. "there is nothing to overstep, your majesty. So you have commanded, so it shall be." He turned back to his men, knowing very well what they wanted. He smiled, and the majority smiled back. "To arms men! Take back your walls! Send this Deserese scum back to the sands! Let the Eye of Tarvanna light the way!" He called, and the men raised this spears in agreement and yelled with fervor.

The Charioteers looked back in shock as the yell reached them, but they had already regrouped into an offensive spear formation. The charioteers loosed arrow after arrow, as they glanced across the shields and armor of the Tarvannans. They picked up pace and began to go at a trot, and the women drew swords and met with the attackers in a thunderous clash of steel and human rage.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:55 pm

Keladry smiled back and relaxed. Well there! That was a lot easier than she thought it was going to be! She didn't need to be too motivational or wave a sword around at all. Apparently that cook didn't know what he was talking about. He'd probably be relieved to hear it, though, since he had said he was supposed to keep the sword hidden away anyway. No point in having Lon angry at the both of them. She sat, watching curiously as the two sides clashed. Perhaps now would be a good time to run back into hiding..
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:06 pm

The surprise attack had garnered a great deal of morale for the defenders of the city, and the Deserese army was suddenly fighting on three fronts, though two were small. Still, having to focus three ways on better trained and better equipped soldiers was far from an ideal situation for them.

Lon took note of the men rushing to create a third front. He smirked, pleased with the cooks work, and proud to see Keladry get through her first trial by fire, though it was a small one. He looked forward, marking an officer, and loosed an arrow to slay the woman in charge of the army. He smirked as the ripple began and watched as the army began shaking.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:08 pm

Keladry quickly rode back over to the cart and dismounted. Hopefully if they got back to how they were, Lon wouldn't even notice that anything happened. "Well, that went pretty well!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new Day Dawns
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Fantasy Roleplays-
Jump to: