Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Track Ops: Reflection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:18 pm

"Arch?"

Ace smirked and lazily rose from her seat, taking her time in stretching out her arms and legs. She sauntered around the cabin twice to get the aches out of her back from the stiff positioning, then she turned to him and shifted her weight to one hip. Even in the shitty light of the stupid plane, she could see the outline of his muscled body and the glint of light in those mesmerizing eyes of his. From four feet away, she could sense that he was watching her as closely as he would be if she had a gun and he was cornered in his apartment before they had officially 'met'. She tilted her head a fraction, amusement written across her face clearly if he chose to see it.

"Look, Marce, I think it's kind of cute how you've formed this sort of regard for Arch being the tech-savvy nerd that does nothing but hang out in his apartment and get his grubby little hands on whatever information that he wants to have. Granted, most of that is accurate, but you're missing the bigger picture here," she informed him, her smirk turning into a small grin as she took a few steps closer and put her hand on her hip as she looked up at him.

"I made Arch. He would be nothing but a little waste of space rotting away in his mother's basement whacking off to virtual women on Myspace if I hadn't come along and forced him to be something better. His hacking skills were nothing more than a party trick, and he couldn't access the Pentagon if they downed all of their security servers just to give him a shot. Hell, even now he can't get the really good stuff without a boost!"

She paused, laughing quietly.

"You don't need Arch. What you need is to remember the fact that you are dealing with somebody who could shut off the electricity for the entire world in the matter of two hours, and not feel a single drop of guilt about it. And she is standing right in front of you."

Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:59 pm

"Ah."

He finished the conversation by sliding a full palm over his face that had gathered in sweat in the past 45 seconds she spent telling him about Arch. She stood in front of him with her hip jutted to the the side; the superiority stance. He could tell just by the amused grin pulled across her lips that she meant every single syllable she said. Arch was nothing more than a pawn to her, a little puppet she raised to be one of the most incredible high-tech genius nerd that he was today. The scary part was that he would not have become that way if he weren't taught through her knowledge, and, by the way things were looking thus far, it was a very vast knowledge. Marce pulled his his hand away from his face to get a better look at Ace. Simple red-headed woman, fairly attractive, if not very much so. Everyone had their flaws, but her only one he could really tell was her height.

Other than that, she was a goddess that went Earth-Bound. Goddess or Demoness.

"...Alright then. Apart from me having more reason to be skeptical of every little thing you say, you kind of lack the proper tools for what I require. Geek or not, that geek has access to limitless computers, phones, accounts. He's got time to set up the things the BAD need in order to set perimeters around the hot spots. He's probably got radars in the sky and in the lost fucking city of Atlantis. But, most importantly, he's got the time to do it. You don't." Shifting away from the window and the fast blur of indigo enveloped clouds, he motioned around the room with his free arm, the other tucked into his pocket while he strode around the area.

"You wanted to come with me. The only reason I let you is because one, I don't want you going through my things in my room. I've got personals in a box you'll never find. Two, I know just how 'powerful' you are. I've got a couple of jobs for you to do. So, unless you can spawn a control room out of your cleavage, we're going to need the nerd." He mimicked her stance by leaning backwards, tucking his other hand into his pocket, shoulders straight and flexed backwards.

Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:19 am

Ace really wanted to tell Marce that she wouldn't be so fucking helpless if they weren't on this awful plane. She wanted to, but she didn't. He'd just roll his eyes or something. Complaining was not going to get her anywhere. She sighed and pulled out her phone, pacing the cabin as she waited for him to pick up.

"Why do you sound so terrified? I haven't even told you I'm coming to kill you yet," she said after he squealed upon answering the phone. She rolled her eyes and listened to his babbling response, then decided to interrupt him. "Yeah, whatever. I need pins on the girl.. Yes, the one we're going to get, what the fuck do you think? .. Yeah, send the pictures to my phone. Maps too. Don't forget the gun count and easy access routes. A sniper nest would be excellent.. Yeah. Alright."

She hung up and set her phone on the table, tapping the screen a few times and bringing up a small hologram projection that hovered over it with a map of the area they were headed toward. Ace carefully zoomed it in so that they were looking at a mini model of the building. She stepped away from it and cocked an eyebrow at Marce.

"Satisfied?"

Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:41 pm

"First time in days,"he replied. It wasn't a complete lie, either. Every time he thought he knew of the things Ace was capable of, she pulled a 360 and stunned him with something out of the ordinary. She had a way around his world that seemed impossible to stop at the moment, but if he couldn't beat 'em, join 'em. The projection flew into the air, hitting the room with bright lights momentarily while details and colors began to focus in. They were looking at a revolving, 3D model of the building they were supposed to scout in less than 2 days. It seemed sturdy and compact enough to fit more than just one girl, but Marce knew that Ace's and Arch's information never lie. Back when Ace use to be the tyrant Reflection, all the information fed to Marce and the Bureau seemed far-fetched, but it was also 100% fact. The only downside was that Kelly was constantly being moved. Deep in Marce's gut, he wished and hoped upon hope that Emily was still there.

"It's three stories, not the usual Merenzo set up. Usually they go about having one wide, sturdy building, almost like a giant storage room. In Kelly's exception there have been a couple of two-story platform buildings. Seems like a lot for a little girl. The only down side is that if--when we get Emily out, we won't really have the time and manpower to surveillance the area and the inside of the building. She is our top and main priority." Marce felt out of place giving Ace a mission briefing. It was a part of him now, as it had been for many years. The words just came out naturally.

"Bryson and I will scout over in this perimeter first, before we do anything," he commented, waving his hand around the left side of the building. There was a ladder shute and a mini model of a van right beside the corner of the left wing. "This looks to be where things are exported and imported, so if they get sign of our arrival, I have a feeling they'll want to leave from this side. We'll be there to stop them. You and Alex will have to do some scouting in the interior." He stepped over the fallen lamp to stretch his arm towards the entrance, being careful not to bump into her and further upset her than her look already intended she was. "As crazy as it sounds, you two will walk right through the front door. If you get spotted, I'm counting on your skills with a gun and killing to come through for you. Remember, you do have Alex with you, so try not to think just for yourself. She's a damn good shot too. Have each other's back."

Marce turned away from the projection and into Ace's view. "As long as you do what I say when I say it, we should be fine. Remember, the mission is Emily. Not to scout the area. Not to rummage through the building for more clues. Not to play Look How Many Bodies I Can Stack Before It Falls Over. Emily. I don't wan't anyone dying doing what they do not have to do, got it?

Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:05 am

Interesting..

Marce was leaving her alone with his comrade and, from what she gathered, friend. Granted, Alex probably wasn't the type of female to start gossiping at the drop of a hat, but Marce was paranoid and it was immensely surprising that he'd let it happen.

She grinned a little as he went on. His little tirade was almost cute now that she realized the one little tidbit that made it tolerable. Tilting her head, she arched a single brow at him as he told her not to be selfish. He went on about how the kid was the point and not to go trigger-happy-batshit crazy.

Oh, Marce. You idiot.

"You trust me," she said, wandering closer to him as though all previous moodiness never happened. She went right up to him, her expression amused. "Don't you think that's.. a little stupid, even for an op?"

Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:02 pm

For a brief second (maybe even shorter), Marce had forgotten she was still the same woman. Contrary to what he wished she was, there was no hiding the inevitable truth of who Heavenly Grace Kelly really was, passed her childhood and teen years. She had grown more aware, more advanced in her tactical planning, analyzing, and completely-making-a-joke-of-the-american-governmenting. She had a high reputation for working alone and causing trouble for a large mass of people when doing so. Working side by side an agency he could of sworn she despised must have left a sour taste in her mouth, because it certainly caused his nose to upturn at her statement.

Did he trust her? Was it stupid to do so?

"Maybe." It was as easy as that. Let her know nothing while contemplating everything in his head until he had the time and energy to debate with her about it. He was well spent on energy and time was running out, for right after dismissed her amused visage, a ding reverberated throughout the room.

"Now arriving at De mare Sky, Romania. Please check all baggage, as it is not our responsibility for any loss, stolen, or damaged items. Please remain inside of the plane until an attendant tells you that is safe to exit. Thank you for riding East Costal National, and have a pleasant day." A static click, then an end.

"Do you think they'll get another pair of attendants, or will we have some explaining to do with the old ones?"he said, biting hard on the smile his lips threatened.

Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Ace glanced up at a speaker as a voice interrupted them, her expression still amused. Even an idiotic operative would not put a mission in jeopardy on the hopes of a 'maybe'. Marce certainly wasn't the type to not be in control of everything and positively certain before acting. That meant that he did trust her, she knew, but perhaps he was just now realizing that he didn't like that fact. Poor baby. All confused. Maybe she should unbutton his pants again to try and get him back into a more.. relaxed state of mind..

"I would imagine we'll have the same ones. Just wink at them and you'll be forgiven. Being a spineless pretty boy has its perks," she said, smirking at him before putting her phone back in her pocket and going over to the seats. She sat, but didn't bother buckling despite the fact that she knew it was 'required' for landing. Whatever. If she fell out of her chair, she wasn't going to die. She crossed her legs and patted the seat next to her, watching Marce.

Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:11 pm

"Yeah, I guess it does. It's all fun and games until someone has to use the bathroom. Then how far will being a pretty boy get me, huh Ace?" Marce deliberately caught Ace's gaze, his white-tooth grin flashing for only just a moment before a rapping at the door averted his attention.

"Hey, you still alive?"

"Are you talking to me or Ace?"

"You, of course. She'd probably knock you out cold with one punch, that one."

"Nice to know I'm not strong enough to handle a woman, Alex. I'll keep that in mind next time I'm hauling your ass out of a bar."

"Watch it, Twinkle Toes. I'm at my peak when I'm on a little Tequilla."
Marce gathered the last of the two bags above the seats, bringing them down to his knees. He should have been sitting, but no one payed attention to the private jet flight rules anyway. Not even Alex, clearly. Sliding Ace's bag towards her feet, me motioned for her to get up.

"I'm not talking to them. You're the one who's probably going to get an assault and battery charge."

Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:49 am

"We'll have to find that out later in the motel, won't we?" she murmured, gazing at him steadily until the knocking interrupted them. Talk about awful timing! Still, Alex quickly made up for the wretched act by insulting Marce, which made it completely acceptable and even amusing.

Ace grinned and stood, scooping up her bag and slinging it over her shoulder.

"Fine," she said, going over to the door and unlocking it. She opened it up and smiled sweetly at Alex. "Twinkle Toes. Nice," she said simply, then she wandered through to find the poor flight attendants. She figured it might be better to 'make up' before everybody got off the plane and they started screaming for a court case. Not that it would go anywhere, with herself and Arch working the judicial system as much as they always did. Best not to tell Marce about that one.

Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:10 am

He did not hold her gaze whatsoever, all due to sheer practiced restraint. Ace was getting better and better at leaving him at a loss for words. Her eyes pierced him right to his soul, but never any deeper. Those places were locked away, secured only by his will power to let no one see the inside of him. He had to be Marce Jove, lead Operative for the Bureau of American Defense. He wouldn't have been much of an idol if he let people see the various things that could bring him to his knees. It was frightening that Ace's stare could be so close, but she was too caught up in herself to notice the gate over his heart.

Good. The farther away she is from it, the better.

They left the room with the light still on just in case any of the attendants need to do some quick cleaning before their return flight. A large doubt in his mind that it would be the same pair of attendants as before, Marce was allowed the satisfaction of walking out of the plane with Alex, for Ace ventured off elsewhere. He had to tote a good portion of Alex's things because of the condition of her left hand. The Bureau allowed her to have a procedure before boarding the plane to get a prosthetic ring finger attached to her left hand after being abducted by the Merenzos. Marce, of course, didn't enjoy the idea of taking her along when she was only just beginning to heal from the procedure, but Alex retorted that her right hand was better than her left by far anyway. To save himself another argument, he agreed.

The two of them made it down the boarding ramp of the plane, looking skyward with their noses scrunched high upon their faces. Marce slid a pair of blue tinted shades on with a scowl, bringing his hand up to his brow like a sun-shield.

"Quiet place. Why do I have the feeling we're going to make a lot of noise?" Alex slid on a pair of aviators under the brim of her hat.

"Because we don't like loud noises unless we make it ourselves."

"Fair enough."

Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:15 am

Ace strolled through the plane until she found two very upset flight attendants. They didn't seem overly pleased with seeing her again, but she didn't really give them the option of heading elsewhere since everybody else was already off and she was blocking the path out for them.

"Look, ladies," she said, pulling a gun out. She grinned at them. "I just wanted to tell you two to have a very nice day. I hope I don't have anything ruin my day.. Like, say, some sort of complaint about my behavior? That'd probably piss me off and then I'd just have to get right back on this plane and fly with you two all the way home! Let's avoid that. Bye!" she said cheerfully, putting the gun away and casually leaving them behind.

She wandered up next to Marce, about to say something until her phone started to ring. Seriously?

"Unless the president just died, I really don't see why you're calling me the second you see me stepping off a plane," she muttered as she answered it.

Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:37 am

"Public didn't really give us any thing to do until Bryson comes in at 1400. I suggest we get some food before we do that." Marce's nose pulled at the thought of Romanian food.

"You think they got a McDonald's around here?" Alex's brow went up and Marce nodded, holding back his chortle at the time their minds both thought back to. "Got it." Ace strode towards the two, her head cocked to an awkward angle while she held her phone up to her ear. So far, the only person Marce ever recalled calling Ace was Arch, and the two didn't hold very long conversations regardless. He barely paid her a passing glance, continuing to steel his gaze away from the sun. Alex walked forward a couple of paces while the jet behind them whirred back to life. It was always best not to look behind him. Homesickness was a serious illness.

"So you're saying we won't eat if theres no Mickey D's?"

"What? No, that's not what I'm saying,"
he interjected, stepping up to her to scan the area just as she was, keeping it as inconspicuous as possible. "I'm just not too ready to try foreign food."

"I heard they eat donkey testicles here."

"Oh, so you'll be familiar with it. I heard you dated quite the jackasses in your day."
A swift side-punch from Alex was averted by his hand, Marce chuckling himself away from her side to catch up with Ace. "Hey. We're on a schedule here. Tell him you'll polish his armor later."

Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:28 pm

"I'll pass along the message, Peter. I'm sure he'd love to have you polish it," Ace retorted, making a face at Marce before returning her attention to a very distraught Arch who was now babbling about how much he didn't like Peter.

"Focus, Arch. Why are you calling me? I'm in Romania, as I'm sure you know. I don't exactly have a lot of time for-" she began, then she paused as he started talking. She stopped walking and blinked, listening intently. At first she was speechless, but that quickly turned to anger.

"Do not call me again. I will visit you later," she snapped, hanging up and turning to Marce and Alex with a grin.

"So, are we going?"

Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:29 pm

Marce and Alex ignored Ace for the most part. Marce was used to her clever comebacks and Alex didn't want to get into their "relationship complex", as she whispered towards him. They both decided to get a guide from a tall, Romanian man dressed in what seemed to be a poor excuse for American apparel. He had all of his clothing distributors mixed up: Old navy shirt, American Eagle pants, Gap hat, Nike shoes, and God knows what brand of socks. Alex looked as if she swallowed a jellyfish with the way she was holding in her laughter. Marce, forever the stoic one, tossed her a look of annoyance on his way to the guide. The Romanian man, clearly shocked to see an American walk up to him.

"Greetings, friends! Welcome to Romania!"

"Pleasure. You wouldn't happen to have a guide do you?" The man laughed so loud that couple of passerby's scrutinized Marce, Alex, and Ace who had just arrived at his side. The guide handed Marce what he asked for, but without offering to drive the three of them practically all over the country. Alex's scowl was their ticket away from the Romanian guide and down the street to a local trolley station. Romania wasn't as bad as Marce expected it to be. The buildings were not as tall as the one's in America, but every one of them was detailed to the tiniest marble slab. They weren't all grey either. It was a rainbow of buildings, store, churches, schools, and even some houses lined against a busy market place! Marce thought for a second about what it would be to live right next door to a Target and swore inside his head. Walking ahead, he tried to keep his mind as far away from Ace's lost expression.

"You okay?"

Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:13 pm

Ace glanced at their 'guide', then followed Marce and Alex in silence. It wasn't her first time in Romania, but the last time had not been a vacation either, so she took the opportunity to look around. She kept her comments to herself, examining the buildings with interest while she glanced at the offerings of the market.

There was a lot that was obviously out for tourists, but she saw a few things that were genuinely beautiful. Too bad she had no time to stop and shop. Marce would probably die laughing if she mentioned she wanted to. It was a girlish habit and she had already scarred him for life in the mall. Besides, they had a girl to save. She sighed silently and glanced at Marce as he spoke, seeming to be avoiding her gaze.

Interesting.

"I'm fine," she informed him with a frown, keeping her answer short and distant. No point cozying up and enjoying a conversation with him now.

She stopped walking when they reached the trolley station, stepping aside and waiting for Marce to do whatever it was he planned on doing now. Buying tickets and making more plans, most likely.

Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:24 am

Trying to talk to Ace about things that didn't pertain to death, sex, and scandal was like trying to pull out a deranged tiger's teeth. Giving her no response, the three finally made it inside the trolley station without being ransacked by greedy market men who would sell any and everything to a couple of dim-witted Americans, as they would like to guess it. The trolley ride was an experience in itself. Marce knew nothing about Romanians to give him the basis to stereotype, but all of the members of the trolley were either reading, singing a song, chatting to a neighbor, or eating. In America, everyone who had a phone or tablet would be immersed in it. Headphones shoved in ears would put a stop to all conversation or noise for that matter. The trolley ride was lively and, at the same time, heart-warming. Even Marce Jove himself managed a tiny humming tune or two.

They arrived at Guenhei Street, one of the main streets of Jilzo de Hena. It wasn't as busy as the one they left from, but it was definietly a place of commerce. They must have hit the "noon rush", because it took them 4 minutes just to get in another trolley that took them to the Hotel de Gran. It wasn't Mariott, but it was nice. Alex whistled, being the first one to walk through the lobby and state their arrival to the clerk. Marce decided to hang back, tapping Ace's shoulder once and crooking his head towards the complimentary coffee desk. He went about making a dark brew, his eyes flicking up to Ace every now and then.

"If something happened it's best you tell me now. This is our only break day. Tomorrow, I'll be surprised if we have enough time to stop for breakfast. I don't want our one day off to be a pissy one. So spill."

Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:46 pm

"You'll have to be a bit more specific than that, Marce. Something is always happening. A bird is breathing outside, should I tell you about that? I'm making myself a cup of coffee. I know you can see it, but you did say to tell you if something happened," Ace quipped, fixing herself a cup with enough sugar in it to wire a whole class of toddlers. She mixed it with a spoon, not looking up at him for a few moments.

"It's nothing for you to worry about," she finally said, her voice soft. "I promise I won't compromise your hero mission. I know that's what you care about," she added, taking her cup and walking over to the desk where Alex was waiting with their room keys.

"Want a cup of coffee, Alex?"

Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:10 pm

He whispered the word 'right' to himself when Ace walked away from him, and towards Alex. He unconsciously smiled at her ability to maintain her Ace-like composure even though something was really bothering her. In truth, Marce need not know what was wrong with her; just if she would be okay or not. He had no problem with leaving her at the hotel while he, Bryson, and Alex carried out the mission, but there was a 99.22% chance that she was not going to stay put like a good girl. Emotions could jeapordize a mission down to it's stilts, he would know. Ace may have been able to handle emotional pressure than he, but it was still a problem, regardless of her tolerance for it.

Meanwhile, Alex shrugged at Ace's question, handing her one of three metallic keys that would go to 2 different rooms: one for Marce and Ace, and the other a floor down, for Bryson and Alex.

"No thank you, chicka. This girl hyped herself on coffee and meds in the plane and probably shouldn't take anymore caffiene than she already has. Gotta stay up to see Bryce come in anyhow. You two can handle staying here, right? I don't want to have to leave knowing that this place may be in flames when I get back,"she commented, sending her a small grin.

"Hey, no promises,"Marce interjected, walking passed Ace to take his key from Alex. He whispered a couple of things to her that he didn't want Ace hearing. All Alex did was back up, give the two awkward blinks, and briskly walk out of the door and down to trolleys to go back to the airport. The two stood in the lobby for a second until Marce turned away without a word, nodding once to the clerk who swooned at his blue eyes and short smile. Even Romanian women couldn't handle him. Sad.

Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:00 pm

Ace took the key and slid it into her back pocket, nodding with a faint smirk at the insinuation that she and Marce together was basically the same as mixing up a bomb. She glanced at the man in question, watching him come over and get his key. Whatever he said to Alex was lost on her, but she didn't really care until Alex's expression made her curious. Huh. What was Marce getting all gossipy girl about now? Likely nothing important.

She made eye contact with the flirty clerk and made a cutting throat motion, making no attempts to hide her guns as she glared and walked by. Stupid girls. Why was it that everything with tits seemed to be after Marce?

Because he was sexy. Oh, yeah, that might be it.

"I'm going to go walk around after I dump my shit in the room," she commented, not knowing or caring if Marce was listening to her or not since she was following after him. She had no desire to just sit here and watch him brood on their 'day off', and now even hanging out with Alex wasn't an option. Hey, at least she could go shopping.

Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Romanian hotels were slightly similar to American hotels. The structure and build was the same, but it lacked the luster and pizazz that American's had in theirs. In Romania, there was soft music playing in every hallway. It was either a soft violin or a very powerful string of harps. It made Marce feel like he was meeting Queen Elizabeth as he made his way to the stairs. They had no elevators because the the Hotel was only 6 stories tall; not the highest class, but it will have to do. Romanians apparently enjoyed their exercise. Noticing the pit-patter of Ace's footsteps behind her, he slowed his pace to walk in sync with her, an eyebrow lifting at her comment of walking around.

"Guess that means I'm coming too." He felt like he didn't have to explain that he was not allowed to let her go tra-la-laing by herself in a completely different country without his supervision. Of course, he didn't too much care for the way Bob made it seem like Marce was her bodyguard, but there was no way around it. No one in the Bureau trusted her, and ever since their little conversation on the plane, Marce was slowly beginning to wonder if he should be as paranoid as all of the others. Oh well. A walk was a walk. He did tell her that this was their day off so he could use a little bit of fresh air.

In silence, the two made it to room B-2 without bringing the place in flames. So far so good. Marce took a quick look around the room and shrugged, dumping the three bags he had slung over his shoulder next to a mini lamp table. There was a tiny little chocolate placed under a complimentary 'Thank You!' sign. He hated chocolate so he looked passed it. The room was cold, thankfully, and the air was powered by a large ventilation system on the floor. He stepped over to it and hummed, tapping a meter that looked like it could have been made in 469BC. Marce turned around and casually looked to his left to see a king sized bed with dark emerald covers and peach/aloe colored pillows before swinging his blue eyes back to her just as casually.

He winked playfully at her and the thoughts he knew she had in her head.

Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Ace rolled her eyes and tossed her bag down on the side of the bed, then flipped it open. What was in here? Hmm.. She rummaged around a bit and pulled out a roll of fifties the size of a softball, then tossed it on the bed and continued digging until she found her wallet. Ah, here we go. She peeled off a dozen or so and put them in her wallet, then put the money ball back in her bag and tucked her wallet into her pocket.

"I don't need or want a babysitter, Marce," she said, looking up at him and crossing her arms. "I think I can handle walking around in Romania without you following me around. You can't even pull off looking normal in a mall in Georgia. What makes you think that you aren't going to attract attention here from the wrong people?"

Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:56 pm

"Then let's find another mall,"he said, eyeing the wad of money and tossing the sight in the box of 'Don't Worry, It's Ace' that he kept inside of his head at all times. Some questions simply have no answers. He shoved a hand in his pocket, walking over to the window and peering out of it, not out of paranoia. More out of curiosity.

"It's not babysitting. I told you, today is our day off, or what little we have left of it. We spent a good portion of it fighting with each other anyway. I'm just sayin',"he commented, raising his shoulders when he finally faced her once more, "I could use a break. I've never been to Romania before and I want to see some sights. Is that so bad?" $19 dollars said she wouldn't believe him, and Alex seemed to think otherwise. Marce kept as straight of a face as he possibly could. He took the glasses from the top of his head, making a motion as if he were about to put them over his eyes.

"You coming? Cuz if not, I'll see you in 3 hours. I want a Bear Claw." Marce let the question hand in the air for 30 more seconds.

Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:04 pm

A break?

"I'll pass," she said, shaking her head. "You're right. I do need a break from you. Enjoy the claw," she added, checking her gun to make sure it was still in place before she headed over to the door.

[So.. short.. x.x]

Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:46 pm

[It's cool. You're short, I'm late. We're even.]

"God fucking dammit, you always make everything so difficult,"he hissed, rolling his eyes and shrugging when she walked towards the door. Fine, if she wanted to leave and do her own thing, it was none of his business. She wasn't the one who had been working her ass off trying to find the girls, trying to find Kelly when it had only been a short 4 days ago, and trying to have a life all at one time. The only thing that he was allowed to do for the past week that didn't involve the Bureau was go to McDonald's, and that nearly killed him! Ace seemed unwilling to think that Marce knew how to have fun outside of BAD work, and screw her if she didn't believe it. There was no way he was going to spend any more of his day off arguing with her than he would shaving a sheep's ass.

Not even giving her the slightest backwards glance, he pushed passed her to exit the door first, the jingling hotel keys in his hands during his walk away from her. When he was far enough to feel like even if she sprinted she couldn't catch up with him, he relaxed his stomping into more of a graceful walk. There was no reason for him to get riled up just because he didn't have company on his trip through the streets of Romania. He hated that it bothered him more than it should of. There was a fair in town and he hadn't had a Bear Claw since he was 17, and that was too long ago for him. God forbid he wanted to show her a good time...

Her, her, her, her, oh fucking stop it already, Marce. Who gives a shit? Let the woman do what she wants. That mental scolding made the walk out of the hotel and down the street a lot easier. Lifting the bold grey shirt off of his body, he tossed it in a stray trash bin, remembering that males could walk around with no shirts with no repercussions in Romania. Although it was a plus, he was still going to get another shirt. The one he had on made him look too much like a cop. The shirtless route made him look a lot more like a... sex god. Absentmindedly scratching at the small brownish curls under his belly button, he slipped the shades back over his eyes and took a left, walking into the busy outside market area named Colturi de Lichidare, The Winding Corners. A pair of giggling women caught his attention to his left, he lifted a single brow under his shades, and they giggled more as if he could see his expression. Marce cursed inside of his head.

Let the fun begin.

Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:41 pm

Ace paused and watched Marce leave with a bit of surprise at his sudden change in attitude. So much for not fighting on their day off. Clearly he needed that 'break' a lot more than he had even hinted at. She frowned, not budging as the door swung closed. Maybe a shopping trip in Romania wasn't really what she needed today. Running into Marce outside wasn't something she wanted a part of anymore. She sighed and kicked her shoes off, then wandered over to the bed and plopped down on it. Not bad. Certainly not the most comfortable bed she had ever sat on, but not bad.

Now all she had to do was relax and have a nice, easy day of lounging about.

Yeah, right.

Why couldn't she be a normal girl? She rolled her eyes at the thought and pulled her gun out, toying with it. It was the first time in a long time that she wasn't in front of a screen or a person. Being alone sucked. She was getting bored already, but the thought of going outside had turned decidedly depressing. Maybe she should have just taken her own advice all those years ago and stopped talking to people in general. That would have been a better approach than getting tangled up with stupid operatives.

She yawned and laid down on top of the blankets, watching the curtains sway in the breeze for several minutes before falling asleep.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Track Ops: Reflection   

Back to top Go down

Track Ops: Reflection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next