Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Character Sheets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

Character Sheets Empty
PostSubject: Character Sheets   Character Sheets I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 2:13 pm

Hey there, roleplayers! I'm going to write this particularly for those who are new to roleplaying, either in general or on forums, but hopefully this will be useful for our oldies too!

Okay, so generally when people post a sign-up for a new roleplay, they'll request that you post a character sheet if you're interested - or a CS, which obviously just means the same thing. Chances are that they'll say something else afterward, such as to add which part you want. Some people will post a blank version of their own character sheet because there are certain things they want to know that aren't on a typical sheet. Here is a guide for those times when people ask for a sheet and don't tell you what they're expecting, or maybe they do post what they want and you aren't sure just what they mean. Smile

Name:
They aren't asking for your name, they're asking for the name of the character you will be using. All parts of this sheet refer to the character, not to you!
Age/Gender: These are pretty obvious - just remember, character, not personal!
Abilities: You'll have to use your own judgement here to determine what the original poster is looking for. If your roleplay is in the Fantasy section, the best bet is that they mean magical abilities. Can your character heal another with the wave of hand? Can you make things float? Things of that nature. If your roleplay is in the Modern section and doesn't seem to have any sort of magical tendencies, this may apply to everyday skills. Can your character pick locks? Hack computers? Fly a plane?
Species: You're probably not going to see this one in a slice-of-life roleplay. In Fantasy, this can refer to humans, Elves, Dwarves, Nymphs.. You get the picture. If the roleplay you're signing up for is some kind of war environment, you should indicate here which side you're on, unless there's another spot labeled 'position' or 'side'.
Appearance: You can have a little fun with this one. Here you can either take the opportunity to describe your character in detail, or you can simply attach a picture that you're using as a reference for your character. Character creation is a different topic!
Weapons: Go crazy. Describe and show your weapons of choice here. Just keep in mind that it's relevant to the roleplay - if you're signing up for a story taking place in the Medieval category and you're going on and on about how awesome your character is with an AK-47, you probably won't be accepted. Just sayin'.
Bio: Sometimes labeled 'history'. Keep it brief unless asked for detail. This should be a short explanation of the life of your character. Be sure to explain motivation. If your character is involved in a war, why did they want to participate? Were they drafted or seeking vengeance? Any living relatives? Any tragedy to mention? Give an idea of who your character is, without giving it all away at first glance.

Now, this is just a very general character sheet. Your GM [Game Master - the one who is controlling the roleplay] may ask for more details, or perhaps less. If you come across anything confusing, either speak up and let them know, or ask me and I'll do my best to help! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Gin
Gin

Character Sheets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Sheets   Character Sheets I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Name: Ori
Age/Gender: 17, Male
Abilities: Manipulate shadows, karate
Species: Neko
Appearance:
Character Sheets Neko-boy
Weapons: Anything he pleases, can form physical and solid mass from shadows
Bio: His soul was infused with that of a shadow demon, they share a symbiotic relationship in which he gives friendship to the demon and suppresses its evil nature in return for its power.
Back to top Go down
Emantuohtiweno
Emantuohtiweno

Character Sheets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Sheets   Character Sheets I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:31 am

my favorite part of the rp, making your character, i love creating the background stories lol
Back to top Go down
http://Emantuohtiweno.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Character Sheets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Sheets   Character Sheets I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Sheets
Page 1 of 1