Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Bucket List

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

The Bucket List - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:32 pm

"They're fine. It's just the ends of them that got the most damage, anyway. Nothing a little Tide and a whole bunch of scrubbing can't get out,"he said pointedly, looking down at the white soles of his Converse. It was late, but he caught the ring in her voice while she continued to lean back in her seat. "Stop that,"he said, chuckling with her nonetheless. In his head, he knew what she was implying wasn't true at all, but that seemed to be the best way to get her to smile. Her eyes would brighten only to shorten in tiny wrinkles, her smile reaching halfway across her face. It was a good look on her and if he had to continue to appear gay to get it, he'd do it. Girls.

"Anyway, SUV, truck, same thing to me. It's a big vehicle and girl's are not allowed to drive it. At least, that's what half of the American race believe. I think I read it somewhere that the only women that drive trucks or SUVs or whatever were women with kids." He stopped what he was saying to look at her stomach and back to her face innocently.

"Aww...Are you gonna be a Mommy soon, Hali?"he cooed. Pregnancy wasn't something you joke on, but neither was gay talk! So, Chase sat back in his seat smugly, knowing that he got his revenge for all the previous attempts to make him burst in rainbows. Sure, he knew there was no way in Hog Hell that she would be pregnant or even have kids. Not at that age and not with that body build. The rain was letting up the farther they went down, so the song on the radio could be heard a bit more. Chase gave up humming and decided to look out the window instead, wondering what he was going to do when he got home.

Go to sleep? Probably.
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:33 pm

"Nah. Motherhood isn't really for people like me. I don't want kids. Maybe you're right and I just got this to impress all the guys," she said, glancing over at him with a half smile before looking back at the road as they rounded a corner.

Thoughts of children were somewhat of a sore spot for her. Before the disease had worsened and started to ravage her entire body, the doctors estimated she could live to forty. Not a lot of time, but she could have had a child young and had time to raise it before dying. Still, she didn't want kids. She was never interested. It wasn't until they told her that she couldn't have them anymore that she realized she would never have that chance to hold her own baby. In some ways it was probably better, since she could always pass on the disease somehow, but it still hurt.

"I guess that means I'm in the same boat as you - unless you and your future life partner decide to adopt. That's always so cute, seeing two gay guys with a little baby!" she said, pushing the thoughts away and giving him a teasing grin.

"Mommy Chase.. It's got a nice ring to it, you know.."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:34 pm

"Alright, obviously kids talk doesn't save me from your jokes..."he mumbled, leaning back in the seat and watching the rain have at the window. It really was a bad storm, one that had been on and off during the span of 3 days. He was starting to wonder how his parents were doing on their vacation. There was probably not a droplet to be seen in the sky of their resort. Lucky them. He leaned up, squinting through the windshield wiper and pointing to a far off red light.

"You're gonna wanna take a left there and then go down about...I don't know. Just keep going until you pass the Wendy's on the right,"he said, looking over at her. Her hair was still damp but was drying quicker than his was. Droplets still slid down the side of his face which he constantly wiped away with. Both he and Hali smelled of nature and rain. Chase laughed, taking the peach colored car freshener into his fingers and twisting it between his thumb and forefinger.

"We're both gonna need a long shower after this. You're covered with rain, puddles, mud, and cheese. I'm sure when someone asks for a 'dirty girl', they don't mean that, Hali. Man, do I have a lot to teach you. N-not about how to be a girl! How to be clean!" Chase slapped his palm over his head and forced himself to laugh. Maybe it was the best to let her think he was gay. That way, what reason would she want to hang out with him or something? He would obviously not her type, liking guys and all that. That meant that he didn't have to go into the overly embarrassing notion of asking for her number or anything. Just a simple ride home.

"I hope you don't live far from me. Don't want you to waste gas in this tank you call a truck,"he said, rolling his eyes at her, "SUV, sorry."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:36 pm

Halimae nodded a little as he gave her directions, flicking on her turn signal and going down the road that he indicated. This wasn't a way that she typically went, but she knew where she was going to end up. It wasn't far from her own house at all. In fact, if he didn't live too far from the Wendy's, they probably lived about five minutes apart. She settled back once they were on the road, glancing over at him as he yet again tripped over his words.

Poor Chase.

"Well, I guess that answers the question of whether you prefer catching or pitching.." she teased, laughing quietly. She made a face at him as he rolled his eyes, then gave him a grin. "Don't worry. We live really close, actually. I'm surprised I haven't seen you around before. Well, actually, I guess it's not too shocking.. I was homeschooled, so.." she explained, shrugging a bit and looking back to the road to focus on driving.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:38 pm

"Oh, what? You actually live around here? Well, good, now I don't feel bad with having you giving me free coffee then. Your parents must make a lot of money like mine. They always told me living here was like living on the 'greener side' of the grass," he explained, making a hacking sound after he said the last sentence. He hated when his Mom used that 'the grass is greener on the other side', analogy for every single little thing he had been through. Every failed attempt at getting a job, getting into a club, or even getting a girlfriend was only a window of optimism for his mother. Chase sighed and hung his head down glumly.

"That woman...I'm surprised she doesn't pinch my cheeks before I leave the house." The rain was beginning to let up, which meant that he wouldn't be taking a nap once he got into the house. Running water was the most soothing sound to him. He even had an audiotape strictly with lakes, streams, and other bodies of water running, splashing, or dropping through the headphones of his iPod touch. It also meant that Hali was bound to have a safer drive home than the drive there. He couldn't speak for the people on the road; accidents could happen at the blink of an eye. He shoved the thought from his head, pointing ahead of him.

"Bowler Street. Get in the right lane and go down until you see house number 6753,"he said, blinking and scratching the back of his head before looking over to where she sat. "Wait, I wasn't daydreaming? You really were home schooled? Oh, that's why your Mom keeps tabs on you wherever you go! You must be one of the 'gifted',"he said in mock awe, making spirit fingers at the word 'gifted'. He suppressed the joke with a laugh as he leaned towards the dash, trying to make out his house through the windshield wipers.

"Alright. Spill it. You must be some math genius or something, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:39 pm

"Yeah.."

Halimae didn't bother pointing out the truth. It wasn't like it made a difference anyway. The only reason they lived in this neighborhood was because they had been given the house as part of a charity thing. Some fundraising organization gave it to them when Halimae was a little kid because of her disease. She didn't tell people, because that would mean telling them about her condition, which meant everybody would give her The Look. Oh, how she despised that..

She sighed inwardly and turned onto the appropriate street, scanning the numbers. They still had a little while to go before they got to his house. She looked over at him and smiled as he asked if she was a genius.

"Not quite, but you can think I'm a genius if you want. I don't mind in the least," she said, shaking her head.

Her phone was ringing again, but this time she ignored it. Her mother could handle a healthy dose of fear for all of her nagging. It was cruel and she knew it, but at this point, she was just sick of it all. She spotted Chase's house and pulled in the driveway, then put the Jeep in park and turned to him.

"Give me your hand."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:40 pm

"Jeez, Hali, you're so full of yourself,"he joked, nudging her playfully in her right arm. It was totally a 'guy' thing to do, but Chase didn't know how else to interact with her. She seemed stable, like she wasn't the kind of girl that did hugs or all of that other friendly mess. If he looked closely, he could probably see a young tomboy who wore ponytails everyday and cheated on Monopoly by always being the banker, stealing money when no one was looking. That was the kind of girl he would have loved to grow up with, if that was what Hali was, anyway. So far she was okay in his book, if she would stop with all the gay talk! In truth, he had to admit that he found it just as amusing.

If they ever met again, he'd wear sparkling denims.

Her phone started ringing suddenly, and Chase grinned from ear to ear. "But Auntie Em, I'm not ready for supper yet,"he chimed in the best Dorothy voice he could muster. Halimae didn't bother answering it and Chase whistled.

"I love rebels,"he said when the truck finally slowed to a stop. She wheeled the car in the empty driveway. The rain on the window pane made it seem like he lived in some sort of dark mansion. There was no one in the house and he was going to have to turn on every light possible just to see his way around. He turned to tell her goodbye, thanks for the ride, and all that other jazz, but her command threw him off.

"I said you were gifted in Math, not a palm reader!" He caught the look of seriousness in her eyes before shoving has hand into hers and looked away like a child about to get a shot taken. "Take it easy on me. I'm sensitive to pain,"he joked, biting his bottom lip and looking at her with one eye opened and the other closed.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 pm

"A palm reader, huh? Hmm.. I predict that there are exciting things in your future. Like.. getting your shoes soaked in puddles while you run for the door."

She grinned a bit and took his hand, pulling the pen off of the notebook she had been using earlier. Carefully she wrote out her cell number, then wrote her name under it and released his hand. She put the pen away and smiled at him.

"Now you don't have to go throwing food on the ground and ruining fabulous shoes just to talk to me," she explained, giggling a bit. Her good mood faded immediately as her phone started ringing again, and she groaned as she pulled it out of her pocket.

"Hi, Mom. Driving, can't talk, home soon, bye!" she said quickly, then hung up and grimaced.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:42 pm

Don't invite her in, don't invite her in, don't invite her in...

He ended up not inviting her in, staring down at the girlish curls of numbers on the palm of his hand. It was...cool. He never gotten a girl's number like that before. Hell, he had never gotten a girl's number! Poor Chase was too much of a loser/geek/nerd to ask a girl for her number and actually expect her to give it to him. The right one, at that! It was probably because he watched too many movies; had seen too many men get rejected and given either a false number or an embarrassing laughter from the girl while she walked away clean out of his life. He didn't want to be like one of those miserable sitcom men! Rather than risk being let down, he just didn't ask any woman for their numbers at all.

He wasn't going to tell her that, of course! That was just paving the yellow brick road for her to walk down on, singing merrily about how gay he was. So, he locked eyes with her, his smile going from playful to sheepish.

"Man, I'm good." His impending speech about how 'Mac' he was was interrupted by the ringing of her phone again. He sent her a knowing grin, clapping his feet together like Dorothy before opening the car door. The moment he did, rain cascaded down on him in a horizontal slant. He closed the door to save her leather seat from being drenched with rain. The water pelted his head as soon as he stepped out of the truck, tapping the window with his free hand to get her attention He mouthed the words, 'Thanks for the ride', and sent her a wave, making sure that the hand with the number was tucked safely into his pocket.

God forbid he let the rain wash it away. He stood in the rain, waving until she pulled away and out of his sight before he marched back into the house. Back into the loneliness and darkness. Back to his reality.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:44 pm

Looking up at the window as he knocked, she smiled and waved back, then carefully reversed out of the driveway. She gave a little honk of the horn in farewell, then drove off down the drenched street. The storm seemed like it was letting up a bit, but it was still absolutely miserable outside. There wasn't a single other car on the roads as she navigated a quick shortcut to her house. When she pulled in to the driveway, she glanced at the clock on the dashboard. Eight minutes. Not bad at all. She picked up her bag, shoved her notebook and phone inside it, then climbed out and made a dash for the front door.

"Halimae! We've been so worried! How was work? Were the roads awful from the storm? You didn't crash, did you? Are you feeling lightheaded? You didn't eat this morning, you know how that usually makes you sick.."

She sighed deeply and hung up her drenched jacket, listening to her mother rave on and on from a few feet away. Finally she turned and smiled at the overly anxious older woman.

"Mom. Relax. I'm perfectly fine. I worked at the shop and then came home. That's it, okay? I'm going to go up to my room now," she said, and her mother immediately agreed, chattering about how Hali should be getting as much rest as possible anyway and should probably quit her job since it would only cause more stress and problems.

Mothers.

She went upstairs and into her room quickly, sagging with relief against the door once it was closed. Now all she had to do was.. absolutely nothing.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:44 pm

It was quiet just as he suspected. The sound of the rain running down on every single window pane in the house was easily amplified by ten once he closed the front door, leaning his back against it. The dimming sunlight fled through both windows of the dining room, but it did the rest of the house no justice. The only thing his humble home was missing was a creepy organ concerto playing in the background to add into the foreboding feeling that fell over the vicinity.

"This is where I live?"he muttered to himself, finally pulling his back away from the door and marching through his house. The kitchen was dark, the only thing out of place was a plate of half-eaten Toaster Strudels on a paper plate that he forgot to finish. His appetite was happy, lemon cake and caramel settling well in his stomach. The high of the coffee had worn of during the ride. He could feel himself battling with his feet to march up the steps to the second floor and into his room, but he did so. Once in his room, he did the same thing he did to the front door to his door: close it and place his back against it. It was always a nervous reaction he had, fearing that someone would burst in behind him and stab him in the back or something equally as bad. Usually it was the stabbing one.

Chase breathed out through his lips, pulling his right hand away from the door while the rest of his person leaned against the door, protecting himself from absolutely nothing and no one. He looked down at the number for a while, debating on whether he should automatically assume it was fake or be an idiot and try to dial it. Even if it was her number, what would he say? 'Hey. I'm in my room now, stranger. Watcha doin?' He scoffed and pulled his phone out of his pocket, dialing the number and waiting for some old, fat tard to pick up.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:46 pm

Halimae took a deep breath and slowly looked around her room, just taking it all in. The carpet had been replaced with hardwood floors in a warm honey color. She despised carpets - yet, at the foot of her bed was a fluffy white rug that looked like it was pulled from a particularly poofy polar bear. The walls were a deep sage green, bare of pictures except for a three-panel painting of a calla lily bouquet that was hung over her headboard. Her furniture was all white, from her ornate bed to her dressers and nightstand. Even her bedding was white.

It was a nightmare.

She had picked it all out herself, but looking at it now, she despised it. Why couldn't she be a normal teenager with a purple room and music posters everywhere? Why didn't she have pictures of friends? Instead of snapshots and movie stubs, her dresser had medical paperwork that she hadn't shoved into a drawer yet. She enjoyed being more mature than others at times, yet.. She would never know what it was like to just be normal. Closing her eyes, she remained leaning against the door and holding back tears until her phone started going off.

What? She was home, her mother wouldn't be calling her now. Glancing at the unfamiliar number, she blinked in confusion, then grinned. Well. That certainly didn't take very long. She had been expecting a text, not a full-on call. Maybe she should mess with him a little bit..

"Hello and thank you for calling the Sparklepants Hotline! You want the meat, we sell the seats! How may I direct your call?" she said as soon as she answered the phone, her tone bright and cheery just like an overly perky receptionist. Even if it was a telemarketer or something instead of Chase, it'd be effective at getting rid of them.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:48 pm

Rrrrrrrrrring. Rrrrrrrrring Rrrrrrrrrrring.

Of course, like the guy he was, a million and one thoughts were running through his head while the monotone ringing buzzed around in his ear. Was he calling too early or too late? He didn't know how far she lived, but when she said not too far, it couldn't have been a bad time to swing her one. On top of that, what if she was still driving and had somewhere else to go? The 4-5 calls from her mother eliminated that insecurity quickly and effectively. What if she dropped her phone in a puddle while trying to do the rain dance? Now Chase was coming up with complete nonsense, loosing himself in the constant ringing. He didn't know how many times it rang before the tone stopped, a woman's voice tearing through his ear. Chase was all ears now, perking up and quickly perking down when he heard the introduction. He smiled and did the only thing he could think of.

Play along.

"Good evening to you, Miss,"he said, playing his most poor attempt at a Richard Simmons/Robin Williams gay accent, "I thought you were gon' never pick up! Like, sssserriiiouslyyyy, honey, get on your stuff!" He allowed a pause for any laughter she might had done while he paced his room, swinging his hips and tapping his nose as he got into character. If Robby had seen him...Chase would have dutifully committed suicide.

"Direct me to extension #421. That's the one Bedazzled Boner and Buns? Because Lord knows I can never get these atrocious numbers right, like, reaaaallllyyyyy girl, they're killing me!" Chase couldn't hold it much longer, and by the time he made it to his mirror and saw his expression, the charade fell and his own laughter broke through the transceiver.

"What's up, Hali. Made it home, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:49 pm

Moving away from the door, Halimae started changing out of her wet clothes as she waited for a response. She really thought Chase might freak out and hang up on her or make some sort of hurried apology for dialing the wrong number, but apparently he caught on. It was a struggle not to laugh, and she ended up giggling when he paused.

"I'm sorry, sir, we're very busy!" she apologized with a grin, tugging her shirt off and rummaging in her closet for a fresh set of pajamas. As she was pulling her pants on, he mentioned the Bedazzled Boner. She completely lost it, giggling helplessly and ended up tripping over onto her floor with a thud. Scrambling to pick the phone back up to her ear, she wiggled around to pull her pants the rest of the way on and shook her head.

"Bedazzled boner.. Well, you sure do like the sparkle," she said, sitting up and tugging her shirt on. "Yeah, I made it home fine. Eight minutes from you, so I was close. My mom was waiting by the door like a vulture but I'm in my room now. What about you? Doing anything interesting?" she asked, climbing into bed with her notebook and snuggling down under the covers.

Ahhh, warm.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Even though she wasn't there, she had might as well been. He could feel her shooting him that giggling smirk through the phone, and, once or twice, he had to pull it away from his ear to take in a breath of air before returning his lips to the transceiver. During the process he paced the floor of his room some more, coming dangerously close to entering his bathroom door but never making it there.

"Is it really that close? Man, that's one hell of a coincidence. Spilling my cheese fries on a girl that lives not even 10 minutes from me. I think I'm gonna do that more often. Get a free ride,"he said. The shirt had to go but it was hard to do so when his shoulder was shoving the phone to his ear. He wanted to catch everything she was saying, still not believing that she had actually given him the right set of digits! Chase was absolutely giddy, though he did a damn good job of hiding it. He took his body back into the direction of the bathroom, walking into it and shaking his hair.

"What is with your Mom? You get home schooled, she calls you all the time, she gave you a truck. That lady's insane, I tell you." He flicked the bathroom light on and went so far as to hiss the second the lights hit his eyes, but he never missed a beat.

"I knew a friend once that had a Dad like your Mom. But he was a prince from some far off country. Utah or something like that. You know, Halimae, you could've just told me you're the princess of some far off country. I wouldn't have cared. I would've just asked you for a ride in a carriage or something,"he add, nodding honestly even though she couldn't see a thing. She could also not see him rip the shirt from his head, tossing it carelessly beside his bin the bathroom, flicking the light off before jumping on his bed. His body plopped up from the contact, but he still held the phone glued to his ear.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:52 pm

Halimae flipped to the back side of her notebook cover and started doodling roses, listening as Chase called her mother insane. She laughed in agreement and nodded a little, though she knew he couldn't see it. Inwardly, she wondered if she should tell him what really was 'up' with her mom. He was a guy she had just met today. Dumping that on him would be cruel. He had been nice. She frowned, debating with herself. As she considered it, she listened to him speak of being a princess. She couldn't help but laugh at that, starting in on another rose doodle.

"Jeez, Chase. I was trying to keep it secret. Being the princess of New York is really hard. I'm trying to live under cover and there you go, guessing it like right after you meet me. Way to kill my self-esteem," she complained, then giggled. She took a breath and settled back against her pillow, toying with her pen as she gazed over at the dark window.

"Actually, my mom's just kind of over protective because I have a medical condition. It just makes her worry a lot, that's all," she said, keeping her voice casual and downplaying it as much as possible. Just brush it off, Hali. Keep the conversation light and cheerful.

"So, what about you? Crazy parents?" she asked, hoping a quick redirect to talking about him would ease them away from the subject.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:55 pm

The bed was more than inviting to him. Regardless of whether he was still in his damp clothes, he wasn't moving for a long while. The shower could wait. The change of clothes could wait. Hell, going to sleep could wait. Halimae would hang up on him whenever she wanted to. Isn't that what girls usually did when they were talking to someone for so long? They'd yawn all high-pitched like or say that they're about to take a bath and never come back to the phone? Yes, Chase watched too many TV shows. Until either one of those happened, he was going to keep his body in that bed and the phone to his ear.

"What is it, like, asthma or something? She think you're gonna just fall to the ground and have an attack out of no where? Wait, no, I know what it is,"he smiled, turning over to flip off the lamp next to his bed, blanketing him in the murky darkness of the outside. A fitting climate. "You must have been like one of those girls off of those asthma commercials. You know? The 'fish with no water girl?" Chase was ashamed to have laughed, but what hadn't they been laughing about?

Again, if she was gonna leave, she was gonna leave.

"I shouldn't be joking about medical stuff. Sorry. To answer your question, yeah. They're both friggin' nut jobs. But nut jobs with money, so, it's all, who cares, you know?"he said. There were some underlying details that didn't need to be said, but Halimae didn't seem completely honest about her explanation either. Chase was nice enough not to pry into the conversation pertaining the state of her body because that wasn't his business. Just like knowing that Chase's parents hated his existence wasn't hers.

"It's whatever. We could totally leave them anyway, can't we? How old are you so I can know when I fill out the form for statutory."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:57 pm

"No, it's not asthma.."

Halimae shook her head a bit, laughing as Chase mentioned the girl on the commercials. It was wrong of them to laugh, but the girl was terribly adorable. She leaned over and set her notebook and pen on her nightstand, then nestled down in bed and snapped her lamp off. Now the only light came from her window, and that was dim to say the least. The only thing she had to focus on was Chase, and he was talking about his parents.

"Yeah, money's the only thing that seems to matter to most people," she murmured in agreement, frowning at the thought. It was the only thing her parents worried about almost as much as when she was going to die. Money. Finances. The bills that were piling up on her father's desk and the calls that came every day from doctors offices and hospitals that were demanding payment for the examinations and tests given. Couldn't they just chill out and realize that paying for things wasn't always easy? She tried to sneak her paychecks into her mother's wallet a few times, but had been found out and scolded for worrying about such things.

"I'm nineteen, you doofus. It's not statutory unless you're like twelve. Of course, I guess that doesn't apply, since you like guys. Wait!" she said, rustling around in the blankets and peering into her pajama pants. "Nope, I'm still a girl. Guess that means you don't have to worry about it!"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:00 pm

"You're killing me..." She really was. It got hard for him to successfully inhale and exhale while he was hacking out a laugh every half a millisecond. The muscles in his diaphragm were so tight, air itself wouldn't have been able to pass through it. He clutched his stomach which didn't do anything for him but making sound like more of an idiot when the high pitch in his voice crawled into the speaker.

"I am not gay!" There it was. The squeak that he dreaded the moment she first made him smile. For a straight gay, he pulled such a gay move, slapping his hand over his mouth and tensing up. She didn't hear that. Nope. She didn't. Chase let out a loud breath that he was sure passed through the transceiver, blowing her ears up with the rush of wind through the mic.

...Which gave him an idea.

"...W-what? Crrr! You crrr! Y-You cccrrr! You're breaking....breaking crrr! up! Did you s-crrr! say something about g-gay pe-crrrr!-ople? I can't....crrr! hear y--crrrrrr! S-service must be crrrr! CRRRR!" It was obvious that he was making the sound with his mouth, but he was too into the acting to give it up. Every time she tried to say something, he would make a horribly interrupting cracking noise, the smile on his face growing wider each time she got frustrated with him. After 30 seconds or so of the game, Chase gave up in a chuckle, rolling over in his bed before dragging his covers around his shoulders.

"It's not called being gay. It's called being different...with style,"he joked, sliding his phone across the sheets so that he could plug it into the charger. When the beep responded back to him, he brought it back to his ear. "What are you doing tomorrow?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:01 pm

Halimae blinked as she heard the squeak, then burst into giggles. She clasped her hand over her lips in a desperate attempt to muffle them, but it did absolutely no good. In seconds she was laughing hysterically, tears in her eyes. It was just so, so adorable - not to mention that it did nothing for his argument of not being gay. She giggled helplessly at the thought, burying her face in the pillow to try and calm down as he started pretending they were losing signal.

"Oh yeah?" she said, grinning as she sat back up. "You know, if you were actually losing signal, there would be words missing! Not just pauses between them!" she pointed out, giggling a little more.

"Tomorrow? I'm hanging out with you, of course. At least, I assume that's why you asked, and I have no other plans," she said, pausing to cough into her hand as her body recovered from the strain of laughing so much. She took a few deep breaths and laid back against the pillows, relaxing slowly as she smiled up at her ceiling. Good thing her mother hadn't heard all that, or she'd be on her way to the hospital for nothing right now.

"You want to go somewhere?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:03 pm

"You would know! How many times have you pulled that move over other guys? I bet you got it perfect." He let her catch her breaths after that laughing fit he put her through. The coughing afterwards didn't sound too good. He caught himself before he questioned whether she was okay or not. He didn't want to sound like good ole 'Mommy Dearest' as Hali dubbed her. She was fine. It was a cough and nothing more. Chase laid back in his bed only to shoot up back up in shock.

"I'm hanging out with you, of course. At least, I assume that's why you asked, and I have no other plans."

"For real?!"he squeaked again, before taking in a deep breath and a low cough, his voice dropping in tone. "I mean, for real?"he asked in the closest Barry White voice he could muster. After half a second, she confirmed what he didn't think was true. He was going to see her again...and this time, it was going to be planned. His heart lodged in his throat, making a short choking sound come out. It was either that or he was actually choking over the fact that she just said that. Whatever the case was, Chase had to roll over and pat his own self on the back to stop the guttering coughs.

"Aack...s-sorr...Aaa..ahh. M-My bad. Y-yeah, I wanna go somewhere. I'll go wherever you wanna go. Well...no, not everywhere. Hold on, no. There aren't any gay bars around this part of town and I'm not giving you the gas money to drive farther so nnnnnnn,"he said, finishing his sentence by sticking his tongue out at the phone. He opened one eye, cracking a smile. "And in case you didn't know, I was sticking my tongue out at you in a non-gay fashion. Where you wanna go? Mall? Movies? Somewhere awkward like Victoria Secret? Wait, that's in the mall..." Chase. Forever making things extremely awkward for himself.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Halimae grinned as Chase squeaked, resisting the urge to point out how girly it was. However, there was no way that she could hold in her laughter when he repeated it in a completely different tone. She giggled helplessly, shaking her head and grinning like an idiot up at her ceiling. He sounded like he was having a problem catching his breath too, and she wasn't sure whether it was from laughing too hard or if he was actually choking on something.

"Are you alright?" she asked doubtfully, though her worries faded as he started talking. She giggled again, shaking her head as he mentioned a gay bar.

"I still say you're into guys! Who else would squeak in such an adorable manner or ask to go to Victoria's Secret?" she teased, then pondered. "Hm, we could go to the movies if you want. I think that new comedy came out yesterday. The one that's been talked about for months?" she suggested, smiling.

"Or you could come over to my place and watch movies. I've got loads of snacks and my parents won't be home. And, it's free."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:05 pm

"Why did you even suggest the movies if you involved the word 'free' with your next option? I mean, I'm not broke, but if I could not spend money, I wouldn't." And he didn't want to seem like a perv for jumping over the first chance he could get to come to her house. Chase was holding the phone close to his ear, looking doubtfully into the blackness of his room. Night had zipped in quicker than he figured it would, but the storm also had an effect on the atmosphere as well. For the moment, the only source of light he was getting was from the phone and a moonlight peaking through the window. He thought about Hali and wondered what she looked like. Had she dried her hair or changed her clothes or even got in the bed for that matter.

Then he realized she was still on the phone.

"Oh! Yeah, your house sounds great. But...uh...Robby, my older brother, kinda took my car - yes it's my car - and he wont be back until the end of the week. So you may possibly sorta kinda might needa pick me up,"he said quickly, not waiting for her to comment about gas and money and that kind of thing. He would take care of that once she got there. Once she got to his house. Again. That's when it hit him. Chase literately had to rub his eyes before he looked around his room, eyes glazed over with awe.

"Or you can come over here. I have the house to myself for the rest of the week. If you wanna save gas, you can just bring the movie over here, instead. Oh, and the food. I'd much rather eat your food than mine. Joking, I'm joking,"he laughed smiling into the phone even though she couldn't see it. Man, if she could see him right now, he would be looking like a grinning, blushing idiot, something he didn't deem possible.

"Whichever works for you. You have the car."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:06 pm

"Well I didn't think of my house until after I suggested the movies! I've got tons of movies here, and like, mountains of snacks. I think tomorrow my parents are working late, too, so we'd have all day. We might have to make our own supper, though, if they get home too late," she said, pondering that.

Her parents wouldn't care if they came home and she had a boy over. They'd probably just be elated that she had a friend over at all. That could be embarrassing, especially if her mom made a huge deal and asked if they were dating or anything..

"Wait, your brother took your car? If he's older than you, shouldn't he have his own car? Hm. Well, it's really not that far, I could probably walk to your place and then walk with you back to mine to show you where it is so that you can just walk over here on your own next time," she suggested, then paused and smiled as he suggested using his house instead. That would avoid the potential mother problems, so she was instantly on board.

"Oh your place is better! Then I won't have to drag you through the whole awkward introduction gambit thing with my parents when they get home," she said, nodding though he couldn't see it. "I'll bring a couple movies over, and snacks! Munchies to pay off using your tv," she said, giggling.

"So, what time do you want me there?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:08 pm

"Oh, that? He got in a wreck because he was being a stupid fucktard and was drinking, trying to drive another one of his drunk buddies home. I mean, what the hell? He was kinda defeating the purpose by drinking himself! My mom and dad were worried at first, but when they found out everyone was okay, they really grilled into him, you know? Especially when they found out he was supposed to be the DD. So, his car got totaled and my parents are about to buy him another one,"he paused in his explanation to roll his eyes, "Privilege of being the older child, I guess." He spared her the rest of his childhood by rolling on his stomach, flashing a smile when she realized that his idea was better.

"Yeah, I'm serious. Bring like...all the snacks. We'll get fat together, watching comedy movies like old men and women. God, you're weird, Hali." Pulling the phone away from his ear and tapped it once, bringing it out of its state of sleep to reveal how long they had been talking and the current time. They were going on 17:43, the time being 9:56PM. It was later than what he thought it was! With Day Light Savings Time in play, he forgot that it got darker later in the evening, which explained why it was still sunshiny at 7 o'clock while he was walking in the park. They spent an hour or so in the coffee shop, so 4 minutes to 10 was pretty accurate. He chewed over her question before giving up in a shrug she wouldn't be able to see.

"Iuno. You're the one driving. I'm gonna be here all day, soooo....And since it's not a scary movie, we won't have to do it at a set time like the dark or something. So, 'syour call, NY Princess." A crack of thunder rolled across the sky and Chase sighed, hoping the storm would at least let up by the morning. He didn't like the idea of making Hali drive through a storm just to watch some wack movie at his house. Giving the window pain a glare that wouldn't shake the wings off a fly, he hunched himself closer into the center of the bed.

"I'm just not a morning person, so kinda cut me some slack. Don't bang on my door at 4:30AM saying you have Fruit Roll-Ups. Unless they're the tye-dye kind. Then I might let you in."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bucket List   The Bucket List - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bucket List
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Modern Roleplays :: One-on-One Modern Roleplays-
Jump to: