Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Steel Curtain

Go down 
+4
The Doctor
Ionalien
GoldenHeartsShineForever
Iliana
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

The Steel Curtain - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:56 pm

There were so many travelers. All of them more unique then the last. Duke didn't feel so out of place now, there was a being that resembled some of the trees here. But strangely..He wasn't motionless like the other trees. Duke wondered what verse he'd come from. Duke wouldn't have time to sit here and wonder about each of the travelers because a loud piercing roar.

His attention slowly turned towards the furry-like warrior approaching them. Great..Fur.. I hate fur...Gets stuck to me, and takes twice as long to get it off. It was a nightmare. This cat-like creature was rather fierce..Addressing us as slackers. We just got here though! Perhaps he thought we've been here a while.. The weapon he was holding looked like it recently shed blood not even three minutes ago..Best bet is to answer quickly. Even if he had no idea how to really answer it. "Well. I'm good at..hunting..Erm..Crafting..Anything that really needs to be done furball...I mean...Your greatness."

Woops.. That one slipped..Keep your grudge quiet Duke..
Back to top Go down
GoldenHeartsShineForever
GoldenHeartsShineForever

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:40 am

Koth sighed, calming himself. He was becoming increasingly frustrated at the lack of progress, and also now at being yelled at like a subordinate. Koth decided that if he didn't have anything nice to say, he shouldn't say anything at all...and smashing the natives' heads in seemed amusing, but near-sighted. Koth decided to simply cross his arms and look down, lest he act too rashly.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:10 am

Lars weighed his options carefully. Saying the wrong thing could evoke an upsetting response from this...Cat-person. It was obviously a warrior and warriors have always tended to be the 'stab first and not bother with questions later' types. At least, they seemed that way from his history books. There were few warriors where he came from. Still, it was better to be cautious, he thought. More importantly, there was a young girl here now. She looked human and didn't look like a fighter by any means. Her safety immediately had top priority in his mind. While the cat-creature was focused on the others who were talking to it or just seemed to be rather large and intimidating, compared to two humans at least, Lars ducked down and carefully crept his way over to Marsha.

When he approached her, he pressed a finger to his lips to keep her from worrying out loud and alerting anyone to what he was doing. He got very close to her ear and whispered as quietly as he possibly could "I think it would be a good idea for you and I to get somewhere a little safer, in case things get a little...err...hairy." He tried not to laugh at the unintentional pun. He made a small motion with his hand, indicating almost directly behind Marsha. "There's a thicket of trees over there we could slip into undetected. We could stay hidden until we're sure it's safe. He held out a hand for her to take so that he could help her up quietly and waited for her to take it.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Marsha tremored in place at the sight of the giant cat person...until she realized the look in his face: confusion.

For a long period of time, she gazed at his features. Cat person or not, she could make out the definite strains of annoyance and confusion in the way his 'brows' burrowed down low above his eyes. His great mouth was pulled into a sidelong scowl, the massive black nose scrunched up high upon his face. The expression mirrored the expression of annoyed confusion any human would have had, and that's when it clicked. 'Kha.' He must have been a 'kha' and thought that the Travelers before him, even skinny, pathetic Marsha, was a kha as well.

"We are scoping the area, Great One. There is little 'meat' to be had here." The kha stood straight, his brows burrowing even further. The kitty did not like that one.

"Well, of coursee not, kekla kha! Are you all nott in the middlee of the dead groundss of the gar?! Of coursee there is not meat heree!"

"Well. I'm good at..hunting..Erm..Crafting..Anything that really needs to be done furball...I mean...Your greatness." Marsha sent a painful glare at Duke before hissing outwardly.

"WHATT SAY YOU, DIRTYY, FILTHY KHAA!?" The lance like weapon was pointed dangerously quick at Duke's blob of a throat. The movement was so quick that Marsha did the one thing Lars told her not to: she panicked.

"WAIT! Wait a second, kha!" The kha swung his large, golden brown eyes to her. She could feel the waves of annoyance radiate off of him even while she stood to her feet wobbly, hanging onto Lars's hand for support. "We just got lost, that's all. And I hurt my...paw. See?" Marsha held out her left hand that had been bent in a strange angle since birth at her will, looking up at the kha with her large blue eyes. A vast array of seconds passed before the kha, the sound imitating a growl.

"Hmph. Yess. Justt come back to Ginglor whenn you are patchedd, young kha." The kha sent one more set of peircing glares at Duke, Koth, and Sun-Lai before bounding off into the thicket of trees. It was quiet for some time until Marsha turned towards Lars and the others, her knees shaking despite her act of bravery.

"...I think we're cats here."
Back to top Go down
Ionalien
Ionalien

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:45 pm

He watched the cat bound away and turned to the girl. "i hate cats..." Looking to the hand she had said was an injured paw, he said worriedly,"Is your hand really hurt? He looked at Lars, who seemed to have been about to sneak off while no one was looking. "Hey Lars, you said you were a Doctor, could you help her? Or were you just going to leave without us?"
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 6:54 pm

The creature did not like my answer. However, after the slime creature spoke, it allowed its full fury to be known. My hand instinctively went to my quiver to noc an arrow, but then Marsha seemed to calm it with her hand. I let out a subtle sigh of relief as the ferocious creature stalked away. Marsha's words seemed to have appeased it, though for how long was anyone's guess. I walked toward where her and the Sky-Rider man were standing, in time to catch the final jab taken at the man similar in form to Marsha. "Great Mother save us..." I mumbled, already worried about what would become of such a disorganized and confused group. I glanced at the girl mention of us being 'cats', and raised a patch of bark. "Did you not know we appeared as the people that inhabit the verse?" I asked, confused as to how that very important fact would have been neglected to be mentioned by the traveler before them, at least in some kind of letter left behind. I paused for a moment, thinking, and then said "What do you think this 'Ginglor' is?"
Back to top Go down
GoldenHeartsShineForever
GoldenHeartsShineForever

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Koth watched the cat man threaten his group, ready for action. As Marsha calmed the warrior, Koth relaxed slightly. As the cat man bounded away, Koth took a few steps in the direction he ran, looking ahead. He turned to Sun-Lai. "I'm not sure. Might be a place or a person. In either case, I think it's in this direction. When everyone is ready, I say we go that way. It's the only clue we have,"
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:57 pm

The look that the kha gave him at Averion's response was narrow, but Duke thought he kinda took the cake when his minor slip nearly got put them in a bad situation. Good going Duke..Just keep your flap shut. Feeling the tip of the lance at his throat, jiggling his body a bit. Duke wondered if he'd feel the lance if it goes through him. However, this was another verse..And his actions might ruin everything and possibly even more the fate. Duke had to improvise and act terrified, play the part.

Duke tried to look as terrified as he possibly could. Even crouching down and looking up. This feels so silly..Can't I just punch him?

Crisis averted! The kha's attention was drawn to the human of our group, Marsha. Who was shaking with fear, but answered the kha with a very simple common reason. Getting lost. Why did no one else think of that? It worked though..The beast eyed each of us again before finally wandering off. Duke turned to the others, still kind of baffled by the events."Well that could've definitely went better..If it wasn't for Marsha..who knows what would've happened." Duke rubbed the back of his head embarrassed. "Sorry for that peak of chaos.."

"...I think we're cats here."

"Wait..Cats..Like..Furry?.." Duke's eyes grew two sizes, almost peering over his sunglasses. Great. Furry no goodedSun Lai, the tree-man spoke about this Ginglor thing, that was a good question.Maybe it was some type of ritual, or meeting spot, possibly even a town. "He said to come back to Ginglor, Sun-Lai..It must be a city or town of some kind is my guess." Rubbing his chin. "If it is..Who knows what we're walking into...Or even where too.." Duke frowned looking around for any notification to this "Ginglor" place.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 1:55 pm

Politely taking his hand back now that he was sure Marsha could stand on her own well enough, he straightened himself up and brushed himself off. He was glad to see that they, or more accurately Marsha, had been able to avoid engaging the first native they met in combat. When Arterion asked about helping Marsha and mentioned leaving without them, he said "Yes. No. Sorry, I'm a scientist sort of doctor, not a medical doctor." He looked over at Marsha's wrist for a second. "I can tell you, though, that there's nothing wrong with her hand. She's just got some funny joints. I'd expect she was born with them. It happens more often than most people think." Catching himself from babbling on about physical abnormalities, Lars puffed himself up a bit and said "And I wouldn't exactly call it leaving. More of a tactical retreat. If you all went and got yourselves captured, who would there be left to mount a daring rescue? Or what if these people, these...Kha don't do 'capture and imprison'? What if they jump straight to 'kill and move on'? There could be a whole patrol out here, lurking in the forest. We could've been outnumbered, for all we know. At the time, it looked like something was going to go wrong very quickly and I wanted to get our young friend here..." He motioned to Marsha "...Somewhere safe."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:02 pm

A'lyrren kept her silence as the girl she had pushed off started to introduce herself. Everybody seemed to be chattering anyway, so she didn't feel that additional noise was needed. Marsha. That was the girl. She seemed nice enough, A'lyrren supposed, but she was still trying to figure out exactly where she was. Another world, obviously, but why was everything so.. different? Not just other-worldly different. She meant in another way, but of course she had no way of expressing herself, because nobody on her home world had ever even heard of the problem.

Color.

She crossed her arms and took a half step back from everything, watching people. What was interesting to her was how they all reacted to being approached by.. something. Some furry thing. Eugh, she hated furry animals.. This one seemed particularly nasty. Lazy slackers? As if he was doing much better just standing there yelling. Idiot fur-thing.

The tree.. person? Man? The tree. Good enough. The tree tried an approach that A'lyrren thought to be rather wise, which was just responding instead of arguing or demanding answers. Another Traveler called the creature a 'furball', which amused her, but didn't seem to go over well with the angry fur-creature. Yet another one of the Travelers attempted to run and hide, which just made her roll her eyes. Better to know the cowards now, she figured.

Oi.

Cats. What were cats? Fur things? Fantastic. She looked down at herself and didn't see it, which made her rather grateful. As long as the mirror didn't show some sort of fur-covered whiskery face, she didn't really care how others saw her.

"A tactical retreat.." she couldn't help but repeat to herself in a murmur. Though her expression was calm, she was struggling not to laugh. That was the best way she had ever heard 'running away' phrased. Something to remember for later, perhaps.

"If we're all done standing around and trying to figure everything out, can we move on to who-knows-where and not run into more angry cats?"
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Ionalien
Ionalien

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 1:54 pm

He decided not to point out that if the things Lars said might be their doom were true, then Lars would hardly be enough to mount a "daring rescue". He then had an idea to find the answers to all of the questions everyone was asking without much danger. Arterion looked around for a moment just to make sure, but he was fairly certain he would be the fastest one here. A man made of metal, the purple mud one, the tree man, a rather scary looking woman, Marsha, and then there was Lars...Yup, he was most likely the best suited. So he spoke up, "Well, instead of standing here trying to figure things out, why don't I go out and do some reconnaissance?" He spread his wings slightly. "I can fly ahead of the group and warn of any dangers, possibly find out more information about this place and what we need to do here." Hopefully someone would agree, at least.

Last edited by Ionalien on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GoldenHeartsShineForever
GoldenHeartsShineForever

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 5:44 pm

Koth walked over to Arterion, clapping him on the back. "Now that's what I like to see, a go-getter. I say you scout ahead, up high, and we start to walk. Maybe we can get somewhere with this. Besides, there's nothing better than actually working together to get to know people. So we can do all our..." Koth sighed, and used air quotes, "'Bonding' while we walk."
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:11 pm

Marsha decided to take time soaking it all in; soaking in every single little confusing matter into her until her head swam to the point of exploding. She silently cursed Uncle Kurt for describing this terror so nonchalantly, as if she was not going to panic once being introduced to a new place with new people and different ways of living. Lars and A'lyrren were still the closest form of human tshe could tell, Arterion being second, Koth third. Duke was just...goo. Just goo. She found herself giggling at Lars' explanation of bailing on the team and quickly admired his comic relief. She knew that they had to all be scared or nervous, so it helped to have someone smooth it over with a laugh or too. Marsha couldn't help but direct her attention towards Koth afterwards. He was always sighing and scowling, an image she was nervous about. The Metal Man scared her.

"If we're all done standing around and trying to figure everything out, can we move on to who-knows-where and not run into more angry cats?"

"Well, instead of standing here trying to figure things out, why don't I go out and do some reconnaissance? I can fly ahead of the group and warn of any dangers, possibly find out more information about this place and what we need to do here."

"Um... I don't think that..." Once again, everyone pulled their attention back to Marsha and she hated it to the hells and back. Her blue eyes zipped to the ground to avert their eyes, clearing her throat but still squeaking out in her high pitched voice. "...th-that that is a good idea. They think we're kha here and I don't see any flying kha." Feeling a tad bit braver, she lifted her gaze to Arterion. "My uncle mentioned that Travelers adapt to the Verses they travel to which is why I think the kha here see us as kha. If we ruin that image for them by doing things a kha can't do..." She stopped there, not really knowing the answer to the rest of that question.

"I think we should walk. We just need a guide. Is anyone here good at...er...navigation? From where I saw, the kha wennnnnt...." Her finger swung over to a thick over brush of trees. "That way."
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 7:40 pm

There much confusion within the group of travelers. Great. Just what we need, more chaos. Lars was bringing up some valid points. We're unsure what these Kha did to those they imprisoned. There were many things that could've went wrong, but didn't.

"I agree." Responding to the comment about moving along, and hopefully not into anymore furbags. Yeah, that's what Duke was going with and nothing less."Let's get some sort of movement, in case they decide to come back."

His attention turning to Marsha after Arterion mentioned flying. Duke made a puzzled expression. Flying? That'd just be an invitation for the Kha to get it out of the sky or whatever. Marsha's explanation made sense. We adapted to the verse we had come to. We were Kha. Otherwise, they would've tried to pick us apart, figuring out what species we were. "If we were to ruin our image as Kha. We'd be in more trouble then we almost got into."

Duke waited to see who'd volunteer to guide their group towards the Kha. He wasn't very good at finding places, let alone people. He folded his arms waiting patiently for someone to volunteer.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 11:15 pm

"Navigation?" Lars repeated to himself? He instinctively moved his hand to where his coat pocket would be, as he always carried a compass in it. Of course, he didn't have it now. He had to leave it behind when he came through the T-Gate. He cursed inwardly that he couldn't be helpful at the moment. Then he bopped his forehead with the palm of his hand as he realized that he had more than he realized. "I can't believe I was about to let myself forget that!" He was so excited that he said that out loud. Quite abruptly, as well.

He poked one of the nodes on the side of his head with his left middle finger, then held his hands up as if there were a keyboard just about a foot from his face. He started making motions as if he was moving things around on a touch screen and muttered "If I can just find a non-essential part to temporarily deactivate, I can magnetize it aaaaand..." He trailed off for a few seconds as his hands began to move with more gusto. It now looked as if he were moving around some floating object, and to him he was. He had brought up the working display of his cyber-plant. As the visual was projected directly into the vision center of his brain, though, no one else could see anything that wasn't actually there.

After just a few more seconds, Lars poked the same node. Grinning, he exclaimed "Aaand implement!" He raised his arms as if something spectacular should happen. After a few seconds, he clapped his hands together, still smiling, and said "Haha! It worked! I am so brilliant! Deactivate a bit in my brain that I don't need - And by "in my brain", of course I mean in my cyber-plant - and charging it's physical component with electricity, I have created an internal compass! It may not exactly lead us to what we would call "north", but it will lead us to the most powerful magnetic source on this planet. Which is..." He raised both arms and spun around on the spot, promptly falling to the ground. He lifted his head up and coughed some leaves out of his face. "Aha...yes. Well. When you're dealing with a complicated piece of technology that's wired directly into your brain, it's very difficult to find a part that can be considered "non-essential". In this case, I shut off the Gyroscopic Equalibrilizer. So I'm standing and moving solely under my own equilibrium now, which I've never actually had to do before. I'll be a bit dizzy for a while, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. If nothing else, we can trust that the way I fall is magnetic north."
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 1:16 am

We were all going to die.

That was the first and most blatant thought to come into my mind as this 'Lars' did...whatever it was he was doing with that iron mind of his. The arguments and suggestions of the metal man and the skyrider were more out of impatience than anything. Another girl seemed to be just as impatient, and she was urging us to move on. I glanced back at Lars as he excitedly flailed around, and proceeded to fall flat on his face. He was...confusing, and this 'North' he spoke of...what in the Great Mother's name was it? A direction apparently, though not one I'd ever heard of.

I sighed, and looked at the trees. They said nothing, did nothing, emanated nothing. Nothing but confusion, that is. "The Silent Ones do nothing here...Few feelings come from them save...fear. They do not know what to make of my presence..." I said, shocked and slightly worried that the Silents would not be able to guide me anywhere. I glanced back over at Lars, and sighed once again. "I...suppose I have little choice but to follow you." I said, giving the slightest hint that I felt I would be better off on my own.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:25 am

A'lyrren was still coping with the problem of adjusting to this color business, but she did not let herself be absorbed by the strangeness of it all. Perhaps it was just on this world that everything looked different. She resumed her people-watching, carefully focused on everything that happened and that people said. Nobody seemed to notice or care that she was not offering more to the conversation, so she decided to just keep quiet until she was asked for her input.

The first thing she noticed was that the winged one offered to scout ahead. It did not seem like a bad idea at first, until A'lyrren looked up and realized she didn't see any flying 'cats' or whatever they were called. Wouldn't he get shot down? Thankfully, she was saved any real need to talk, since the other girl who seemed fearful of her own team attacking her decided to point it out. Good. A'lyrren was again assured that the girl.. what was her name? Marshie? Something like that. She wasn't an idiot, and that was quite nice.

After the fantastically pointless yet amusing display by Lars, she tilted her head. Interesting. He fell in exactly the same direction that Marshie had been pointing just a few moments ago. Well, good to know that they had made a klutz out of him for nothing. She smiled a bit to herself and went over to Marshie.

"Good eyes. Let's go," she said, walking in their new finger-pointed-and-magnetically-assured direction.
Back to top Go down
GoldenHeartsShineForever
GoldenHeartsShineForever

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 5:50 pm

Koth stood blank-faced, inwardly cursing his haste. It was clear that this was not Mirrodin, and he didn't have the knowledge to lead as effectively as he wanted. Dejected, Koth decided to simply follow, for the first time in his life.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:53 pm

The doctor worked in a very strange way, but Marsha was fine with it. She didn't have too many question about him than she had about, let's say, Koth or Arterion for example. Koth was clearly a metal man and though Arterion could have possibly been a human, the wings threw her off. A'lyrren was close as well, but strange. She was bold and showed almost no expression whatsoever. If she ever smiled Marsha sure didn't catch it. So far, the girl only had so many questions, and yet, such a brief time to answer them. The team shrugged on, Sun-Lai not so far behind Lars. Everywhere he looked, he winced and winced and winced some more. Duke didn't seem too phased about the things around him. He simply nodded to himself on more than one occasion. Curiously, Marsha peeked behind Duke's foot to see if there was a trail of goo left behind, like a slug. There was not a trace.

Arterion had his head to the sky for most of the trail. Marsha didn't need to guess to hard as to why. He was most likely used to flying in the air at his Verse. It must have pained him to be so far away from the skies at this moment. She bit the inside of her lip, cursing herself for forbidding him to travel as he normally would. It really was a good suggestion, but it was something that they couldn't do. They were Travelers now; they had to play by the rules.

Lars tripped, felled, flopped, and tumbled every 2 minutes it seemed like, with Koth and Sun-Lai to support him to his rightful position. This must have meant he was getting closer and closer. Marsha always had her eyes on the move. The distance in which she could see was phenomenal, even without the glasses pushed high upon her nose. If there was a threat coming, she'd surely spot it before it spotted them. And that's when she saw the flash of silver.

"Look out!"she yelled as a ball of...something came rolling, smacking Arterion right in his side and making the two beings go rolling down a hill. A very dangerous, steep, and thicket-lined hill that the entire time avoided by walking as far to the right as possible. Hands flying to her mouth, she held in her scream while she stared wildly at Arterion and the other person or thing tumbling dangerously into the unknown forest of Elox. Somebody had to help!
Back to top Go down
Colin
Colin

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:26 pm

After putting on the clothes and gear left for me at the T-Gate, I hesitantly walk through. I find myself in what looks like a vast forest. I check myself to make sure I'm intact and I have everything. Clothes, legs, real arm, mech arm, head, steam pistol, everything seemed to be in order. However, I was alone. Xander said there would be people here to meet me. I start walking through the forest, trying to find anyone at all. I feel my mech arm start to twitch and I quickly figure out what's causing it. The humidity is not being kind, and I know it may cause problems. I'll have to keep an eye on it. As I keep walking, I see what looks like a clearing in the trees. I walk into the clearing and am greeted with a magnificent view of the vast forest over a steep cliff. A breeze blows in, and my mech arm starts twitching again. I sit on the edge of the cliff and start tinkering with the arm to see if I can make it stop. I feel the ground start to crumble beneath me. I try to get up, but as I put my weight on it to stand up, it breaks completely and I fall down the steep hill. I try to find something soft to break my fall. I see a group of people further down the hill who look to be various species. This must be the other travelers. I have to stop near them, but as I pick up speed, it's getting harder to aim. I break my fall on the winged one and end up pushing him over the edge he's standing on and further down the hill, lined with thickets and growing ever steeper. "Help us, someone!"
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 5:11 pm

It was something else to see Lars, messing around with his..Brain chips..Deactivation..Compass thingy? Right. That's what it was. As long as it would lead the group in the right way. It didn't matter. Sun-Lai seemed unsure of things, but he was going with it. Al'yrren seemed just as focused as Duke did to get the group moving along. Marsha seemed the most nervous of the group, stuttering when she spoke, but hasn't guided us wrong yet. She looked back at him, which made Duke raise an eyebrow wondering why? Was he really that different?..Looking around to see that most others had flesh. Right.

Duke thought Lars tumbling was the main source of Marsha's call to watch. But it wasn't, Duke squinted in to see what exactly it was. Apparently, it was someone rolling down a steep hill, breaking over twigs and rocks. His speed was increasing, and sure enough he crashes into Arterion, taking him along for the ride. At the pace they were going, who knows where they'd land up or crash into. He looked around at the other travelers, no one doing anything. Figured it was his turn to be useful.

He grabbed one of the tree trunks with his left hand, stretching himself to reach another nearby trunk with his other hand. "Alright..Now..Just to aim.." Duke closed his right eye, trying to position himself just right, backing himself up, stretching his arms a good couple feet back. "CLEAR THE WAY!" He yelled before shooting himself down the hill like a slingshot. Duke was flying down the hill at a super fast speed. Many trees trying to keep him at bay, but just able to maneuver out of the way in the nick of time. Catching up to Arterion and the other person, he reaches out to grab both of them. "CURL UP!" He called before pulling them both inside his goo like body. Sure it wasn't the most comfortable place, but it would take away the nasty impact. Now there was just the problem of stopping.

It was worth a shot. But it worked once..

Duke held both his arms out, hoping to cling them onto something stable, slingshotting the three of them back up the hill to the group. Luckily, a boulder and large tree were right there. SPLAT! He connected, but the momentum was in hill's favor, until they came forcefully back up taking Duke along with them. They flew over the trees and hill, crashing down towards the ground and typically enough, right ontop of the group. "INCOMING!!"

Duke landing right on top of Sun-Lai. But at least everyone was alright...Right?
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:39 pm

Lars had turned a little too quickly when he heard Marsha call out, causing him to end up on the ground again. "One of these days, I swear I'm gonna get the hang of this..." He muttered as he picked himself back up. He got up just in time to see Duke fling himself out to rescue Arterion and the unknown tumbler. He steadied himself on a tree so he didn't miss a moment. He grinned widely as Duke launched the three of them back to the top of the hill and began applauding mere seconds after they landed.

"Oh, bravo!" He said enthusiastically and still grinning. "That was wonderful! Absolutely marvelous!" He exclaimed as he made his way over to the pile of people, stumbling a bit but not falling. He did his best to help everyone up, occasionally having to grab onto something so he didn't fall on top of them. Once Duke was up, the first thing he did was shake his hand vigorously. "That really was completely incredible. That could have ended very badly if you hadn't acted." He let go of Duke's hand and looked around to make sure everyone else was okay. That's when he saw it.

He immediately rushed to the yet-unnamed man who had come rolling through. He reached out and shook his hand, intentionally shaking the one made of metal. "Hello, I'm Dr. Lars von Wer. Might I just say, this arm of yours is quite simply magnificent. From one look, it's obviously quite different from the cybernetic technology of my home." Forgetting all social graces, Lars pulled on the arm to extend it so he could look at it more thoroughly. "In fact, it doesn't seem to be cybernetic at all! Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems to be totally mechanical! Oh, that is brilliant!"
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:14 am

I wasn't paying attention. My thoughts were with the Silents, slowly they were becoming more welcoming of my presence, and slowly, feelings and images began to come from them. Blurry and uncolored, but they were enough to completely distract me from the entire instance. Until I was forced into it, of course.The impact from Duke and the two others was startling, but not fatal or injury inducing. I got up easily enough when Lars pulled Duke from on top of me, and I quickly gathered up my arrows and peered over at the newcomer, and watched in mild annoyance as Lars proceeded to harass him. I turned my attention back to the others, however. "I am glad everyone is alright, however, we need to keep moving. The Silent Ones are beginning to speak to me...barely. I sense urgency." I said, and then turned my gaze to Lars. "We can introduce ourselves as we walk. Stop molesting the boy's arm." I snapped.
Back to top Go down
GoldenHeartsShineForever
GoldenHeartsShineForever

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:58 am

Koth stood impassively with his arms folded, simply observing everything without so much as a flinch. He watched Duke use his abilities handily to save the tumbling pair, noting his quick response and ingenuity, as well as his apparent mastery of his for and it's implications. Koth decided that he would most likely be a valuable asset in combat. The bumbling construct being however, he decided might be a liability. Between his tendency to be distracted by anything shiny, and lack of balance, Koth wondered if it would be more useful to melt down the alloys from his body and make a shield for someone to use. Most likely wouldn't go over well with the rest of them. Koth thought. Still, one has to wonder. He watched as the tree man urged the group to continue, and Koth nodded, approving of his will to get things done.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:51 am

A'lyrren tensed at the shout and looked up, watching the collision. She spent a moment debating whether or not she should step in and assist, but before she came to any sort of real conclusion, somebody else was on the case. That suited her just fine, until a giant mass of disgusting goo was coming flying her way. She frowned, not approving. Clearly anybody foolish enough to go on some sort of deranged rescue mission should have the foresight to aim the final stage.

Apparently not.

She stepped back three inches into the shadow of a tree, then vanished from sight. Immediately she reappeared in the shadow of a different tree, now standing behind the brooding tree-man who seemed to be intently studying everybody. Now there was something she could appreciate. It was good to observe and get a feel for their companions. Respectable, even.

This was taking too long. She sighed and watched the doctor experiencing some severe obsession with the new.. person? Person. Whatever.

"We really need to move. Everything around probably heard that, what with the crashing and the yelling and the general awfulness.."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Steel Curtain   The Steel Curtain - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Steel Curtain
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next