Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Town by the Ocean

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 pm

"Well, if you're sure.." Myka said uncertainly, thinking of the other times Yuro had gone to the Sanctuary. He seemed determined to do it alone, though, so she just nodded when he said he'd be back. Once he was gone, she got up and went to Tairen's room to find the little boy jumping up and down on his bed in his pajamas.

"Is Yuro going to stay and play tomorrow?" he asked excitedly, stopping his bouncing so that Myka could gently brush his wings down to keep the feathers straight and orderly.

"Yes, dear heart," Myka said with a smile, tucking the child in and kissing his forehead. "Goodnight, sleep tight. I love you."

"I love you too, Mommy. Night night."

In the chapel, the women were tidying up and blowing out all of the candles as they prepared to close down for the night. They chattered to each other about the town gossip, occasionally laughing with each other. Finally they left, locking the door firmly behind them before walking off to their homes, unaware they had left somebody inside.

Yuro

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Yuro kept really quiet as he heard the women coming closer. As they left and locked the door, Yuro just grinned and chuckled. "Well, that was easy." He mumbled, getting up and walking to the lobby. He didn't see any plate and just frowned. Looking around, he noticed a big statue at the end of the room and walked towards it. Seeing a plate there, he smiled and nodded. "This must be it. So I can finally go back home. This place hasn't changed a bit and I already don't like it anymore." He took out the necklace and placed it on the plate. Though, as he did so, he felt an extreme shock go through his body. The plate pretty much repelled his darkness. Yuro flinched badly, letting out a pained scream. He dropped the necklace onto the plate, his shadows quickly wrapping around him, making him vanish.

He dropped on the floor of Myka's livingroom, panting a bit, the shocks still going through his body. "Such a great visit." He mumbled, shaking it off, still flinching occasionally. "You know... It seems they made their charms against darkness stronger." He said loud enough for Myka to hear it. "But, at least the necklace is back there. I might have left a big hint of darkness there though. Like they captured piece of my shadows. It's ridiculous." His voice seemed quite irritated, just crossing his arms.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:09 pm

Myka had just gotten back to the living room when Yuro appeared. She tilted her head and frowned a little as she listened to him, examining him all over quickly. Nothing seemed to be harmed or broken, at least. Leaving behind a bit of darkness was a lot better than coming back with an arrow sticking out of him or his throat slit. Not that she thought any of the ladies in the Sanctuary would do anything like that without being threatened, but.. Well, Yuro really didn't have the best luck in that respect. At all.

"Interesting," she mused, then shook her head and took his hand. "Come on, we can talk more in my room. I don't want Tairen listening," she explained, leading him over to the stairs and going up.

Her room was the entire second floor, but it wasn't overly massive. A good sized bed in one corner, with white blankets and pillows and blue sheets. There were plenty of bookshelves around, and a comfy chair next to a big window that overlooked the water. Her walls were swirls of blue, kept light and airy instead of dark and full like Tairen's.

"Are you okay?" she asked quietly, looking up at him.

Yuro

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:16 pm

Yuro nodded, looking at her, just following her up the stairs. He looked around the room and just sat down on the floor, sighing a bit. He still twitched a bit from the electricity, getting quite irritated by it. He slowly looked up at Myka again and sighed. "Sorry about that. Tairen indeed shouldn't hear about things like that. But, you know, I get the feeling bad luck is still haunting me. So, I'm not sure if I should stay here. You finally lived in peace with your son. I'm sure, that within a day, you'll be in trouble as well. Just like I always put you in danger when I came by." He said with a deep sigh, looking to the floor. "Besides that, it would be even worse to put Tairen in danger." He slowly looked back at her as she asked the question and smiled a bit. "I'm doing alright. It's not like I can't cope with it. I mean, I had worse things happening to me. Like losing you." He admitted, shrugging lightly. "So, I'm just glad to see you in such good health. How about you though. Are you really okay?" He asked, a slight concerned expression upon his face.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:21 pm

"Don't worry about putting me in danger. I can fend for myself. I always have, haven't I? We haven't died yet," she pointed out with a small smile, tossing one of her pillows on the floor and sitting on it near him. She considered his last question carefully and finally shrugged.

"It hasn't been easy. Tairen didn't want to leave Kaleah's house. It was a struggle to get him to adapt to living here, then more to get him to enjoy it. He asks me all the time where Deme is," she admitted, slight tears clouding her vision. "I didn't realize he could hear and understand so much when he was still in the egg.. or that he would remember it all. It's bizarre. He used to mention you too, but I think he really focused on Deme because he could see it made me react differently or something. He thinks he was his father," she explained, then wrapped her arms around herself with a sigh.

"Honestly, I feel like I'm seventeen again and just getting out of the Sanctuary in my old uniform. I just.. don't know what to do except pretend to have it all put together for Tairen."

Yuro

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:31 pm

Yuro watched Myka, seeing the tears in her eyes building up. He sighed a bit and nodded lightly, tilting his head. "Demetrious.. I have no clue why he just left like that. Such big misunderstandings. And it is strange Tairen knows so much about it all. I can imagine he'd be more focused on thinking it's his father if anything. And you know, you'll just do what you feel like you should be doing. Always follow your heart. It's what you did best and kept you going. And see where you got. You did great so far. Better than me." He said with a smile, trying to lighten the conversation a bit. "I mean, Tairen seems to be doing alright right now." He nodded lightly, placing his hand on her shoulder. "It'll be alright. I promise." He said and smiled. "Plus, I'm glad Tairen doesn't think I'm his father." He added with a small laughter. Yuro tried anything to at least forget his own sorrow, trying to see the positive and funnier things in stories and feelings. It was just an automatic defense. "Although, be careful with Tairen's nightmares. I don't know if he has them, and I hate to bring Gilian up, but he had the strength to make nightmares and dreams come to life. Like illusions to us. Which can end up quite badly when they are nightmares. The creatures can form from his mind while he is asleep." Yuro said, tilting his head.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:37 pm

"He has horrible nightmares. Wakes up screaming at least twice every single night. He usually ends up sleeping with me. It's the only time he doesn't wake up, but when he sleeps with me, I get nightmares," she admitted. "Not enough to scream and wake him up or anything, but they get pretty bad.. I'll be alright, though."

"Thanks for saying I'm doing a good job. It means a lot," she added, shifting a little and giving him a tight hug. "I'm just so glad you're here. I've missed everybody. It's oddly lonely with just two, even though I'm not alone. Does that make any sense?"

Yuro

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:41 pm

Yuro watched her and then looked out the door. He sadly didn't have an answer for everything, but he knew that those nightmares could become dangerous when Tairen gets older. Yuro just sighed a little at first, but was caught off guard by the hug. He frowned and just moved his arms around her, gently caressing her back for a moment. "It does make sense. And I've missed you. I'm sorry I've been gone for so long. But, things always get better when they have been bad. And with you being alright, just.. Be careful. It can get a lot uglier when Tairen grows up." He said quietly, letting his shadows form around his hand, sighing a bit. "I still need to deal with an illusionist, or mage, whatever you want to call her, here in town. She has been making the town grow bigger and all. For her own benefit of course. But, I've been hunting her for a while, and I still need her down." He said slowly, looking back at her with a slight smile.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:32 pm

"There's a mage in town? Strange. I haven't seen one about. She must be keeping to herself," Myka commented, releasing him from the hug and pondering. A mage extending the city? Well, though it may have been for her own benefit, she couldn't see any true harm in it. The people here were certainly doing much better with the increased traffic. New businesses were popping up all the place and the economy was soaring. Interesting.

"Hm. Well, good luck with that. I'll help however I can, but unless she's a fish, I'm afraid I'll be rather useless," she finally said with a bit of a laugh. "Now, do you want my room, or the couch downstairs? Either is fine, I swear. I just want you comfortable."

Yuro

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:17 pm

Yuro chuckled at her comment and nodded. "See.. it may be beneficial for the townspeople, but they trade their soul to wealth. Which is the cause of the mage. I'm glad you haven't traded your soul for anything like gold or success. But it needs to stop, before her plan to take over the town and shroud it in darkness succeeds. I mean, I don't mind the darkness, but I sure do know these towns people need their souls back. It used to be my job to collect souls. Seems there are so many more people needing souls." He said and sighed. "So, just stay here. Wouldn't want you to get hurt." He nodded with a smile.

As she mentioned the couch and her room, Yuro chuckled a bit. "I'll take the couch. I'm used to sleeping on couches or floors. So it's no problem at all. I guess it's more comfortable since I'm used to it." He added with a laughter, patting her shoulder gently. "Get some sleep as well. It's quite late and rest is always good." He nodded and got up, stretching a bit. "I'll try to get some rest as well." His voice was soft and kind, nodding once more before he walked back down the stairs to lay down on the couch.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Myka frowned with concern and shook her head. A soul for wealth? How could that possibly be worth it?! She couldn't imagine giving her soul up for anything, much less a pile of coin.

"I don't want you getting hurt either," she pointed out, standing when he did. "Alright, if you're sure you'll be comfortable. Here, there's a blanket down there, but best to have two in case you get cold," she added, picking up a soft blue blanket and handing it to him before he started off down the stairs. "Goodnight!"

She pushed her door half-closed, not in the habit of shutting it all the way since Tairen always found his way up to her bed anyway. Soon she had changed into her own pajamas and climbed in bed, thinking about what had gone on. She never would have thought Yuro would be here again. It was a wonderfully timed surprise.

Yuro

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:35 pm

Yuro chuckled as she handed him the blanket. "Myka, I thought you knew me better by now. I am always warm, due to the hellfire, remember? Unless I'm drenched by water." He smiled and took the blanket, nodding. "Thank you though. Always so caring." He said before leaving down the stairs. He yawned a bit as he laid down on the couch, laying the blanket over him sloppy-like. He didn't really need it, but he'd use it since Myka gave it for caring matters.

Closing his eyes, he just sighed. He couldn't stop thinking on how to handle things tomorrow. It was probably best to just burn her to ashes. Opening his eyes again, he just laid on his back, looking at the ceiling. He wondered if he'd hear Tairen scream with nightmares. He had to keep an eye on that. Not that he was really tired, so he could wait and see what'll happen. For all he knew, he maybe had to protect himself and Myka or Tairen from it.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:39 pm

Myka soon fell asleep, all curled up in her blankets and tucked against the wall along the side of the bed. She had nonsensical dreams of swimming and stars. It was very soothing. Tairen, however, was having a very different sort of sleep. He was tossing and turning, staying asleep for about an hour after Myka had fallen asleep. Long, thin tendrils of pure blackness curled out from his open doorway and slid through the kitchen, the tips of a few reaching the living room.

Suddenly, Tairen awoke with a scream and the tendrils all vanished. He appeared, clad in pajamas and in a panic. Thanks to still being half-asleep and scared out of his mind, he didn't even realize Yuro was on the couch. Instead, he scampered past, sprinting up the stairs to dive into Myka's bed with a crash.

Yuro

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:45 pm

Yuro sighed, looking at the clock. Nothing was happening, and maybe Yuro was wrong about the nightmares coming back to life. As Yuro closed his eyes, he suddenly felt some shift in the air. A strange scent was there as well. Yuro sat up as he opened his eyes. His eyes turned to the deep red color, since there may have been a sign of danger. Seeing the tips of the thin tendrils, Yuro frowned and got up. Following them silently, he frowned more as they just vanished. Hearing the scream Yuro wanted to run to the bedroom but before he knew it, Tairen had already passed him and ran upstairs. Yuro just crossed his arms, huffing a bit, his eyes turning back to the light blue color. "Well then... You don't see that everyday." He mumbled, walking up the stairs silently. He entered the room as well, just sitting down on the ground, waiting for if it would happen again. Yuro had to make sure if it was real or not.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:50 pm

"Relax, sweetheart, it was just a dream," Myka murmured when Tairen collided with her. She yawned and wrapped her arm around him, tucking the blankets over him and keeping him snug against her as she fell back asleep. Soon he was asleep as well, having not realized that Yuro followed him upstairs. He remained close against Myka, snoozing peacefully.

However, though he did not toss and turn any longer, the air in the room chilled slightly. Blackness oozed from Tairen, curling around Myka before tumbling over the sides of the bed and slowly crawling across the floor like smoke or fog.

Yuro

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:54 pm

Yuro just stayed quiet, watching the two carefully, sighing a bit. This was going to be a long night. How could she not have noticed this before? Shaking his head a bit, he got back up to get a better look. Feeling the chill in the air, Yuro just kept his eyes on Tairen. His eyes turned deep red again as he saw the blackness. "How strange.." Yuro whispered, throwing a small fire at it, seeing the blackness move. Heating up the room slightly to it's normal temperture, he wondered if it would do anything. Walking towards Tairen, Yuro laid his hand upon the boy's head. "Tairen, I need you to wake up." He said in a harsh, cold tone. His red eyes also showed his demon instincts, so he usually became a bit more, rude and cold.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:59 pm

The blackness shied away from the flames, soon coating the whole floor. A few tendrils went up the walls, while a few more slid out the doorway and down the stairs as though to explore. Myka didn't stir in the least, nor did Tairen until Yuro touched him. He made a soft sound of protest and rolled toward Myka, making a very muffled 'noooo' before snoring once more.

Yuro

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:01 pm

Yuro looked around as he saw the things getting worse. "Okay.." He mumbled. He let his hellfire spread over the floor as well, letting it trap the tendrils, sticking to them to burn them and make them vanish. Sighing a bit. Yuro just grabbed Tairen, pulling him from Myka. Walking out the bedroom and downstairs, he went outside. Jumping onto the rocks to the water, he held Tairen in his lap. "Now wake up before I toss you into the Ocean." He said with a slight hiss, seemingly not wanting to play games now. He had a hunch Tairen knew what was going on, or at least what he was dreaming about.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:04 pm

Myka rolled over when Tairen was pulled out of her arms, but she didn't wake up. The tendrils on the floor recoiled from the fire, quickly vanishing or curling around Tairen and Yuro in an attempt to escape and avoid the flames. The boy didn't wake up until they were jumping from rock to rock. He stirred and opened his eyes, blinking a few times before looking around sleepily. Once his mind registered that they were outside, he awoke rapidly and stared up at Yuro.

"What are we doing?"

Yuro

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Yuro finally saw Tairen had woken up. Yuro just sat down on one of the rocks, far from the house, watching the ocean. His eyes slowly went to Tairen's, still being a blood red color. "We are out here because you had to wake up so the tendrils and blackness would disappear. What are your nightmares about, Kid? And be honest with me, or I'll just drop you here. No kidding either. This is something dangerous and nothing to play with. Understood?" Yuro knew he was harsh, but knowing nightmares coming to life was just not good. He had experience with it, and if it got worse, Myka, Tairen and Yuro himself would all be in trouble and danger. "So tell me. What's been going on in your mind?" He asked calmly.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:13 pm

"Tendrils? Blackness?" Tairen asked, confused. He sat up in Yuro's lap and rubbed his eyes, glancing around at the dark water and rocks before looking up at Yuro again.

"My nightmares? I don't know. I never remember them in the mornings. Mommy asks me all the time what I dream about, but I never can tell her because I don't remember!" he declared.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Town by the Ocean   

Back to top Go down

The Town by the Ocean
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2