Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Rift in the Woods

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

A Rift in the Woods Empty
PostSubject: A Rift in the Woods   A Rift in the Woods I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 7:08 pm

She forgot. How could she forget!? How could something so important and blatant pass right by her that easily? At the first chance to grab at the book and bring it to the rightful pair of hands, had her common sense and awareness left her that quickly? Obviously so, for if it hadn't, Miriel wouldn't have been standing with a dumbfounded look of shock and embarrassment on her face.

It started when he skirted his eyes below her neck and collar bone, down to a region where his eyes shouldn't have been. For some reason, she was upset that he wasn't looking her directly in the eye after she did all of that work trying to scare him half insane. There were flying shards of glass around him and yet he couldn't even make eye contact with her? Miriel opened her mouth to shout an obscenity at him, before she realized exactly where his eyes were. Her own slid down to the same area, greeted with the sight of her plump breasts squeezed tight in the middle of the red and black laced lingerie. Lingerie.

She had completely forgotten she was wearing lingerie.

"So..Am I supposed to stay in these shards while you..dance?..Or..strip?..What?.." It made her so mad. It made her so mad that she couldn't snap back at him! She was frozen to the core, her fingers still outspread to hold Zhension in play, but that didn't mean that the ferocity in her eyes was still apparent. No. Miriel was lost in her only little trance, standing unbelieving in the reality that she was directly in front of a Wizard...a Wizard that was gazing at her almost bare body. His comment only bought a small squeak out of her, not the best thing to do while she was trying to threaten his life. The book was still lying on the table, and though he did say she could take it, she still couldn't move. Moving would have been bad. It would have given him reason to continue to stare at her...at her body. The angry pink in her cheeks darkened to another deep red. The ferocity and animosity was gone and replaced by embarrassment.

Yet again.

Muryn's sudden movement caught her off guard, the expression of shock falling with the potential threat ahead of her. Her hand shoved out a little more menacingly, causing the glass to spin a little bit faster. Not a lot, but enough to prove her point. She told him if he moved, he perished, and perished he did. Well, if you could call a small cut perishing. He didn't look to phased about the glass. In fact, he was amused at the entire ordeal! The anger came back to her, thank the Gods, and it could have come at a better time! Miriel was a little bit more aware of her current state, and though the blush was still in play, she wasn't going to let the chance to grab the book slip out of her fingers. In that sense, she was in control. She was on top. She had free reign to do whatever she wished, lingerie or not.

"You have lost, Wizard. I will do what you say and take the book, and with it, all of the powers you believed you carried. It is only but a leather bound stack of parchment to me, but out of your hands and into the hands of the High King, it has determined to state of Riv in it's spells. Now it is not used for your silly tree games or clothing altering spells."She said all of this while inching ever so closely to the book on the table, her gaze never leaving his, which was tough. The charm was back and with it came her blushing. Miriel looked like an idiot, threatening him while her cheeks botched with an ugly red and Muryn cracking but a smile. He was doing it again! Making her stomach twists into knots! Miriel stopped speaking, fingers grazing over the front of the book while her eyes remained on his. He hadn't moved. She glared and snatched the book with her free hand quickly, as if he were close enough to lunge out her while doing so. Still, with the glass spinning around him, Muryn had no hopes of attacking her.

In those short seconds, she had won.

"Well, it seems I have outsmarted you, oh Dread Wizard of the Woods,"she cooed sarcastically, managing the smallest of smirks as she inched towards the door. Her hand was still facing him and even at that distance, her spell remained, glass hovering dangerously close to his skin. "Chase me if you will. You will only find death...or nothing at all." At that, Miriel snapped out of the door of the hut, running away with her hand still facing his residency. The spells effects were soon wearing off, any glass around him shaking and faltering before eventually cascading to the floor around his feet. By that time, however many seconds had passed, Miriel was already halfway in the woods. It was pitch black, so late in the eve that she was almost positive the hour must have been early morn. She was not even an hour into Muryn's hut before leaving out of it with the book in hand.

The book. She had the book.

Miriel kept it shoved tightly under her arms while she sprinted past bristled bushes and broken logs, tripping once or twice but otherwise making good time. She did not want to be seen in the woods wearing what she was wearing. Especially if Roffick and his men were still there, which she seriously doubted. The bozos had probably given up on finding her, relaying to the High King of her kidnapping and probably not getting a blink from him in the matter. Oh well. She never wanted to be important to the man anyway. Her job was to do whatever he told her to do and she had done it well. She single-handedly recovered the book from a malicious man, and though he did strange things to her and her body, the book was in her possession, soon to be the High King's. Riv could rest easy now. That was the only thought that fueled the pumping of her legs as she ran through the forest, getting closer and closer to the gates of the kingdom without looking behind her one time. Miriel was too close to victory to falter then.

Last edited by Iliana on Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:46 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

PostSubject: Re: A Rift in the Woods   A Rift in the Woods I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Muryn just decided to keep quiet while Miriel ranted on about winning. Despite being locked within the shards, only he knew the truth about the book she held. A small smirk came to his face, thinking of how she'd respond when she figured out she had the wrong book. She was already so cute and adorable when she was angry, imagining her infuriated must be another level of it.

Then before he knew it, she was slowly making her way to the door. Figured she was going to jump at the moment as soon she grabbed what she came for. Muryn sighed, folding his arms over his chest as he watched her inch closer and closer to the door, continuing her rant about the King and how chasing her would be death's invitation.

"You're just going to leave like this?..No friendly goodbyes? Or anything?..A simple peck on the cheek would've worked fine."

Surely if a peck came, a slap would've followed up for everything Muryn's put her through. He shrugged and looked her up and down one last time before she was almost completely out the door. Watching as the shards around him were moving slower with her distance, the spell would soon fade. But he wasn't going to chase her, she'd be back.

"Well..I'm not dumb, I'm not gonna chase you. You're right. I'd perish for chasing the book of unspeakable power. So..It seems this will be the last time, I'll be seeing you then, Miriel." Muryn smiled again, knowing the truth. "Even though we don't have the best relationship..It was still nice to lay eyes, and feel the body of an elf. Take care."

Muryn rubbed his chin, looking up slighly. "Wonder if she'll turn around so I can get a glimpse of her rear before she leaves.."

She was gone, and her magic faded. Muryn was free. Slowly getting up, the first thing he did was not clean up his mess, or look outside to see how far she went. No, instead he began to fire up the kettle. All this threatening and adventure worked up an appetite.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: A Rift in the Woods   A Rift in the Woods I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:53 pm

It was quite the shock when Miriel returned to Riv in one piece. Not the shock that comes when the people of Riv realize that she had the book in her possession. Not the shock that was brought on when the townsfolk actually have proof that there was a potential magical danger in the woods. Definitely not the shock that comes when they found out that they no longer had to cower in fear over stories of the Wizard any more.

No. They were shocked that she actually made it back to Riv in one piece.

All eyes were on the elf in the lingerie. No mater how fast she tried to will her legs to pump and bring her through the city unseen, she was seen by every single last wandering eye on that evening. It was almost like a parade, how many sounds, cheers, and hollers were going up over Miriel's "streak" through the streets. There were wolf whistles, hot calls, the occasional holler of "Hey there, baby~" and a lot more inappropriate things Miriel was sure she'd be better off ignoring. Her eyes were on the castle ahead of her, mind focused on the news she had for the High King. The book was in her possession and the Wizard was staying in a hut at a location she made sure to remember clearly. If Muryn dared to try to reclaim his book from the hands of the High King, Miriel knew exactly which location to start at. He was stupid for kidnapping her and showing her the whereabouts of his home. At first she thought him smart and cunning...changing her attire to get her so embarrassed beyond the point of recognition and then taking him to his hut...filling her head with fearful thoughts of what he might do to her.

But, as it would have it, Muryn was just a lousy excuse for a Wizard, for now Miriel gathered more information about him, his powers, and his whereabouts than she had ever sought to receive on the journey through the woods. And, most importantly, she had the book with her. She gripped the hardbound leather in a death grip under her arm as she pushed through the throng of people around the castle doors, still getting mixed looks and whistles on the way. A guard or two even tried to stop her while she sprinted through the hallway, but one piercing, side-long glare with her bold black eyes had them stiff in their polished boots and their mouths sealed shut. If they were going to talk about her and her new outfit, it would have to wait until after the High King received the book.

Making sure that the book was secured under her arm, Miriel took the various necessary turns through the castle walls, never slowing her run whatsoever, as if Muryn was still hot on her trails. Muryn. What was he doing now that she had his precious book? The question burned inside her head once she burst through the court room doors, her chest heaving heavily with the fatigue of running all the way from the middle of the woods and back to Riv without stopping once. As soon as the door made the thundering slamming sound, councilmen and the High King himself halted their eating, turning their heads up to gaze at her rude appearance.

"Street whore! Have you no respect for the High King and his meal?" once councilman spat. A murmur arose around the table in agreement. Miriel held back the swear on her tongue, lifting her head up to glare the old, graying man down instead.

"Street what?"

"...M-Madam Miriel! I...I had no id--"

"Regardless," the High King snapped, giving Miriel a quick look over while never changing the scowl painted across his face, "What is so important that you had to burst in here in that manor?" Miriel swallowed back yet another swear, wanting nothing more than to toss the book right between his eyes. How ungrateful! She just ran a marathon and a half to retrieve and deliver the book to him, and he questions the manor of which she entered a court room? A bead of frustration lined the side of her head, her curtain of black hair following over her eye. She straightened herself once her breathing returned to normal, tucking the strand of hair behind her ear.

"I believe you sent me to retrieve this, yes?" she asked smoothly, holding the book up in one hand to where all the men could see. One councilmen let out a hacking choke while the rest of the room filled with gasps. The High King's expression was fulfilling: his eyes bugging wide open while he stood to his full height in one swift movement.

"Give it to me."

What, no thank you? Miriel's nose wrinkled but she dare not say a word. No matter how much of a hog he was being, she had to respect him for her was the High King, after all. The councilmen all turned their heads to her as if they expected her to defy his orders. She wasn't that stupid. Chin raised into the air in the smallest act of defiance, Miriel strode through the room in her lingerie, eyes directly plastered to the High King's, until she finally reached her destination at the foot of his chair. Her arm extended and, not a second sooner, the book was snatched directly from her pale hands. She scowled while her ripped fiercely through the pages, his eyes widening in a crazed stare. Having a feeling she was not going to get that thank you, Miriel bowed to him and turned on her heel, taking only 4 steps before a throat being cleared halted her in her tracks.

"Miriel." Sighing inside her head, she turned back on her heel, placing a false expression of concern on her face.

"Yes, sir?"

"Tell me something...Do you think the Wizard likes his tarts wooden baked or coal baked?" Miriel's nose wrinkled even more, her taut face pulling in confusion.

"I don't believe I understand the que--"

"Oh, well, it's simple really," he drawled on, slowly walking down from his throne and striding up to her, eyes still down on the opened book, "Right here, it says Pireberry tarts are fluffier when wooden baked, but coal baked seem to have the same texture, if you put an extra coating of egg under the pan..." Her expression suddenly fell.

"I...I'm..."

"A disgrace!" In one quick movement, the book that was held so preciously in his hand was thrown to his right, slamming against the green and black marble wall, landing on the floor with a thud. All of councilmen and Miriel included stiffened where they were. "I send you, the elf mage of Riv, with a band of my best men to retrieve a very important and powerful piece of magic, and you barge into my castle...wearing slutty clothing...stride up to me...to hand me a cookbook!?" Miriel flinched each time his voice rose, her mind racing a thousand miles a second. A...cookbook? The book Muryn had in his possession was a cookbook? She couldn't even hear what the High King was spitting at her, for her body had become suddenly overcome with rage.

When I get my hands on you, Wizard...

Last edited by Iliana on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

PostSubject: Re: A Rift in the Woods   A Rift in the Woods I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 4:17 pm

Meanwhile..

Muryn was safely in his hut, tending to the  kettle slowly stirring with the heat under it. Muryn figured out he was just going make a simple bowl of soup. It didn't seem like much, but he would add the ingredients he wanted after all he still had his all powerful book.

"Hm...I wonder if that sweet little elf made it back to the King yet?.."

As he moved from the kitchen, his eyes on the kettle every second before turning towards his room where he walked over to his bed. Lifting the mattress up slightly so he could slide the real book out. As he looked at the real book, admiring all the details inside and out, many pictures of what Miriel was probably going through on her venture back to the Kingdom. Many men were probably whistling at her, calling her for the night..And..Oh god..NO! Not slapping her butt..That..That was Muryn's thing!  In a sudden burst of anger, Muryn headed towards the door.

"Wait a second.."

Then he realized two things. One, if he set foot in the city, he'd probably be locked on sight and executed in front of the whole entire kingdom. Gruesome. While the other option would be Miriel.. Yes. Just Miriel. She already was somewhat hostile with him, threatening him in his own home. Guess she had the right for that though. But if he were to go back just to save her from all those men being vulgar toward her..What would be his reward? A slap in the face and worse. By that time, she probably found out the book she had was a cookbook and how irate she will be.

"Her irate...That's probably really adorable."

Muryn chuckled for a second, then shook his head. He moved back into the kitchen, opening his book to the page with food on it. "Lets see here..What do I want in this soup?.." As he rubbed his chin, mumbling different spells as the ingredients sure enough began to plop into the kettle. Muryn knew Miriel would be back to find him. But would he survived her rage?
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: A Rift in the Woods   A Rift in the Woods I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Miriel was sent out of the court room in a spree of deep toned obscenities sent to her by the High King himself. The very last thing she wanted to do was reason with the man, because, if she were in his state, would she have listened to some excuse some elf mage would have given her? Not very likely. The mission was simple enough: go into the woods and retrieve a leather bound book and bring it back to the castle. No where in the mission statement did it said that Miriel was permitted to look inside the book and check to see if that was indeed the right book that she was after. If she had opened the book and found out it was indeed filled with different recipes and cooking techniques, she surely would have made a U-Turn and killed Muryn where he stood in that kitchen.

The kitchen. The Wizard was most likely still in the kitchen, brewing up something good while humming a tune to himself in satisfaction. He had to have known that Miriel was going to go after the book and leave him there...which is why he switched it. But when had he switched it? She kept her eyes on him the entire time (with much strain) as well as his lips to see if he would mutter any kind of small incantation of any sort, but yielded nothing. He just looked back at her with that curved, jester smile of his, blowing sarcasm and seduction everywhere. Had he even had the original book on him in the woods or was that the god forsaken cook book as well?

She couldn't possibly find all of the answers to her question by storming around in her room as was what she was doing at the moment. After viciously being cursed out of the court room in a storm, Miriel stomped her entire way to her bed chamber on the third floor, her expression as hard as a rock. Guards still swiveled their heads towards her and her attire but Miriel didn't so much as bat an eye in their direction, making a beeline straight to her room and making sure to slam her door once she was in the safe confines of it. She almost felt like a neglected teenage girl sent to her room by her father. Miriel growled low in her throat and threw her body onto her springy, green bed, face planted into her cream and black spiraled silken pillow. She screamed into the fabric, her voice only yielding a muffled "yeee" sound in return. Tears stung both side of her eyes but she dared not spill one single tear. No. Not over that stupid Wizard.

"St-Stupid Wizard..."

"That he is, child. Foolish boy if there ever was one." Miriel was tired of ignoring Beckka's voice in the back of her mind. The woman, rest her soul, still seemed to linger in the back of the young mage's mind, hanging onto the fringes of her consciousness as if she were afraid of really leaving the world for good like her body already had done. At first Miriel thought herself insane when she heard the voice, but after about 7 months, she gotten used to it. Beckka's presence was just not wanted nor needed at that moment in time. Miriel groaned into her pillow instead of answering the old woman.

"At least he is pleasing to the eye, yes?"

"Nay, Beckka. Nay nay nay..."she groaned some more, even kicking her foot in frustration. The hard, stone cold elf mage looked to be nothing but a whining, complaining young woman. She was glad that she was where wandering eyes could not see her. "Pleasing to the eye does not take back the harsh words of the High King, do they?"

"They can, if one chooses to think on that and only that." Miriel snapped her head up, her face fevered in a light red blush of both anger and embarrassment, swinging her black eyes towards a wall as if Beckka were leaning against it.

"Nay, they can not! This isn't about some good looking young man coming to court me away to be his wife! I am not going to waste my time thinking on his looks when I have failed my kingdom!" It was a span of seconds before Beckka Voice decided to resonate in Miriel's head again.

"You failed nothing, my child. The High King is having a bigger fit than you are right now and it is all because he knows he is too lazy to rise up and search for the book hims--"

"But I was there, Beckka! I had the Wizard of the Woods in the palm of my hand and I...I came back with a stupid book of cooking!"she squeaked, throwing her face back into her pillow to let another long, overdue scream out into it.

"You got much more than book of cooking, young elf. It's a wonder you have yet to realize it yet." Miriel did not respond, already growing tired of the old woman's bickering and her  'wise words' that made no sense. What Miriel said was true. She had Muryn where she wanted him: standing in fear and awe of her magic while she threatened him and went for the book. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to force out the image of his cunning smile in her mind, like he knew that she was going for the wrong book. Like he knew she was going to get deep trouble when she returned it to the castle. Miriel swore a thousand curses at the Wizard through her pillow, knowing that she had not the strength or time to confront him again.

Last edited by Iliana on Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

PostSubject: Re: A Rift in the Woods   A Rift in the Woods I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:04 pm

As Muryn watched over the kettle of soup, which the aroma was oh so delicious smelling, as he looked through the book again. The soup wasn't ready yet and he had to pass time somehow. Perhaps it would be a good time to learn a new spell! Yes! But..Which one? He knew for sure he didn't want to learn another conjuring spell. Maybe something more offensive..Just in case Captain Cock'N Drive comes sniffing around again.

"Miriel..."

The more he looked through the book, the louder she pulsed inside his head. All of what she said, it was growing louder and louder, as if she was right there next to him. Muryn was starting to wonder if she was more than just an elf on some quest to retrieve a book. Muryn had never come across an elven woman before yes, but something about her intrigued her besides her looks and temper..

Just then, the kettle began to rattle, his soup was finished. Finally. Muryn placed the book on the table where he'd be eating, then turned around, grabbing the empty bowl ready to be filled. He had to becareful not to burn himself, as he was going to dunk the bowl into the kettle. Not the smartest idea, but it would save time. The bowl was to filled to very top, so Muryn tipped the bowl over. Cleaning up any spilled soup was something he didn't want to do.

He sat on his chair, placing the soup in front of him. Muryn didn't need a spoon, he always had soup without it, despite how hot it was. His right hand turning the pages of the spell book.  Flip, sip, flip, sip...A repetitive pattern until one page almost made him choke. Muryn's eyes widened.

"Appearaza Transformiga...Allows the changing of appearance of the caster.  This..This could be very useful for sneaking past Rof-.." An idea just sprouted into the Wizard's head. "I could use this to find Miriel..And see what about her..Is questioning me."

Muryn quickly sipped down the rest of his soup, placing it on the side to be washed later. Washing would be no big deal, this is where the water spells came in handy. Now, for this spell Muryn had to concentrate hard on what he wanted to look like. He didn't want to change himself too too much, just enough so no body recognized him unless they were up close. The wizard's appearance began to change. His chin sprouted with some facial features as well a couple of freckles. His body grew a bit in size, making him look muscular. His voice's pitch was lowered just a little bit. His transformation was complete.

"Heh..Not bad! Now! To Kingdom I go!"

Muryn hid the book where he usually did, and proceeded out of his hut, making sure the door was locked. He would only hope this journey to her wouldn't turn for the worse.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: A Rift in the Woods   A Rift in the Woods I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:58 am

Somewhere in the middle of that night, Mirel swore to never utter a single spell again. Sure, she was the most powerful (and only) elf mage in Riv, but where had that gotten her? It got her listening to the voices of a woman who was long since dead. It got her doing the High King’s bidding because he was too lazy and noble to do it himself. It got her stuck with Commander Roffick and his “lower glories” due to the fact that he was about as strong as a bag of marshmallows when it came to battle. And it got her stuck throwing items in her room at a wall, muttering late-elf slurs.

“Tous fekid dejja! Jidye! KLOR RYUR! Misnde tykrule oppane sade ahtle muors!”

Her swear to never utter a single spell again went unnoticed when she accidentally shouted one in anger. The result was a wave of purple acid dust sprinkling against the far wall and outer window of her room. She only paused momentarily to observe the damage done to the wall and then continued her tirade. What was so special about being an elf mage anyway? They only sent her on stupid, dull missions to give Riv some entertainment since the land was at it’s peak of peace. The only real danger was the Dread Wizard of the Woods and his spell book. A scowl tore across her already tightened lips.

“What dread? His spells are nothing more than cheap parlor acts.”

“Hm… Well, it did get you back into the castle with a cook book other than a spell book.”

“But that had naught to do with his spells! He just…” Miriel paused and swallowed. “…Outsmarted me. That’s all.” At Beckka’s chuckle, Miriel grabbed another stray throw pillow and slung it against the now acid-caked wall.

“He is a force to be reckoned with.”

“He is a fool!”

“Yes. A fool that outsmarts an elf mage.” Miriel roared in anger, thrusting both of her hands through the tangled black locks of her hair. Why wouldn’t Beckka just go away and stay deceased?! Why torment the living with her incessant nagging? Miriel was going crazy, she just knew it, and yet she couldn’t find reason to sleep. Anger already over-boiled in her body, she occupied herself by destroying her room in the most childish way possible. No one was coming in to see her anyway. She held no friends, no acquaintances to come visit her through the deep of the night, not even guards to watch her doorway. There was no need for an elf mage to have company. Miriel could take care of herself. Or so she believed. A rush of pink slammed against her cheeks when Muryn’s coy smile revisited her.

Him. He was the reason she was insane.

“I’ll find him and kill him,” she snapped in finality, letting her body fall onto her bed with a plop. Besides, there was no more items to throw unless she gathered them off of the floor and threw them again. But that was too much effort.

“That would solve nothing, child.”

“It would give Riv the book.”

“Oh? And how is that so when you don’t even know where it is?” Biting back a growl, Miriel slung the covers over gown that she long since changed in. The lingerie wasn’t working for her.

“I know where he lives.”

“He is the Wizard of the Woods, child. Killing him will not make you any more of a m—“

“Oh, quiet, you old bat! Miriel shouted. Beckka’s voice retreated from the room almost instantly. Relieved, Miriel sighed and turned her pale black eyes at the ceiling, staring at nothing. As much as she despised hearing old women talk to her, Beckka was right. Muryn couldn’t change who she was. She was still the elf mage of Riv, under the command of the High King and Roffick, to her dismay. She needed to be just that if she was ever going to survive through the rest of her life. Before, she had small thoughts on departing the kingdom and never returning, but complications met her as soon as she formulated some kind of plan. From food to shelter to currency, Miriel knew she would be nothing without her position in the castle.

She felt like nothing now.

Fatigue never came. It was a usual for the young elf mage. Staring listlessly onto the ceiling was one of her many pastimes. There was no drama, order, or complications. It just took a pair of eyes and a blank canvas. Miriel’s anger ebbed down when she flicked her eyes back and forth at the ceiling. There wasn’t anything remotely interesting about it at all, and she guessed that’s why she liked it so much. Because it was different. It wasn’t judged or defied or made a mockery of. It was only a ceiling that went unnoticed day in and day out. In a way, she was just the same. Different yet completely unnoticed.

But now, with word spreading about her embarrassing failure to the High King, Miriel was sure to get the ass end of a horse any time now. The evening was young. People were still parading from tavern to tavern, most likely celebrating her humility. Biting the inside of her gums, she turned over to face a wall instead. Miriel would remain like that and move for nothing and no one until the morning came.
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

PostSubject: Re: A Rift in the Woods   A Rift in the Woods I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:42 pm

Muryn stood outside of his hut, inhaling deeply. Ah the feel of the great outdoors was always pleasant. And something he was more used too then sitting in his hut for very long periods of time. He rolled his shoulders, then his arms. Part of him was hesitating..Hesitating? The Wizard of the Woods?! That's a first. There was always the fear of his spells backfiring when he least expected it, even though he had some escape spells memorized by heart, yes. But what good would it do?..

"I'm over thinking it. I'll be fine. Just always keep one step ahead." He muttered to himself, blinking a few times before remembering he used a transformation spell. So his voice was much deeper.

Pulling the hood over his head as he took a step down, and another until his bare feet touched the ground. "No turning back now." Continuing his steps until he looked back and could just barely see the hut in the background. His sights set on the kingdom, and to answer his curiosity of the elven mage, Miriel.

His journey through the woods was quiet, only occasionally hearing chirping and ruffle sounds. There wasn't much company around his parts. So the entire trip he spent thinking of Miriel and how he was going to go about finding her. Not once thinking about how to keep himself safe, or the identity he was going to use in this transformation.

Many hours passed, and Muryn still kept walking. Sure he was tired, but luckily he stopped to eat and refuel his skin full of water. It wasn't enough to relieve the stress on this long journey, he definitely needed to sit down for a while. However, upon looking in the distance he saw it. "Finally. I made it." A small smile of achievement formed, but quickly faded when he realized. "I could've teleported here. Huh..Ah well." Chuckling to himself, then proceeding to the entrance.

There was luckily a small group of people heading inside, so Muryn quickly caught up and blended himself in with them as best he could as to not raise attention. He took precautions just in case his spell wore off. Once inside the kingdom, he walked with the traffic of people, thinking of the best place to seek information. Ah, course, a tavern.

Pushing the door gently inwards, Muryn peeked his head inside to see the tavern was full of life. Drunks and laughter everywhere, maidens with ale and the works, typical. Slowly walking up to the bar and placing himself on the stool before muttering. "Wizard Mind-Bomb if you please."

The tender gave a puzzled look..

With a soft sigh, and a shake of his head. "Just a Riv Stout then." Muryn grumbled. "Also, I hear talk of a mage here?"

Luckily, the tender seemed to know of a mage, or so. Least judging by the way he was laughing. "You probably mean the half-naked mage with the pale skin. Somethin' bout a book and grumblin'. Most of th' boys were whistling n' hollerin'."

Muryn smirked. That was Miriel.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: A Rift in the Woods   A Rift in the Woods I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 3:17 pm

Surprisingly enough, Miriel was starting to miss Beckka. Sleep never came and she doubted it would any time soon anyway. It was well into the evening in Riv, maybe even the early morning, and Miriel was still in the same curled position on her bed. There was no motivation to move or budge a muscle for that matter. What was done was done, and there surely can’t have been anything wrong with wallowing in her own pitiful defeat, now could there? Miriel waited a moment, wondering if Beckka would answer her rhetorical question like she always would. Silence was her answer.

“I’m sorry,” she said as unenthusiastically as she could. She wasn’t really sorry simply because there was nothing for her to be sorry for! Beckka was stoking the fire when it came to the young elf mage’s hatred of the Wizard of the Woods. She found it nothing short of amusing to her, which was going to make Miriel mad, of course. Riv was in danger, plain and simple. In danger of a man who carried a tome of ancient and dangerous spells inside of it, one who would be relentless when it came to waging war with Riv. He could do it all by himself, too. Miriel was sure of it. Yet still, Beckka only chided her and giggled when she complained about Muryn and everything he had done so far. She had fair right to be angry with the woman.

However, lonliness was a thing in itself. Twisting herself to face the placid ceiling, Miriel glanced at nothing, wishing for something, anything, to happen at all. Nothing but the hoots outside of the castle walls entertained her boredom. It would just have to be. Miriel wouldn’t be caught dead waltzing into a tavern that late at night, especially after the fiasco she endeared earlier that noon. The Rivians were most likely prone to picking at her and making her feel more uncomfortable than she already had in front of the High King. They also would have ticked her off, which may have made her do something rash. Her brow burrowed at the thought. Rash. Rash was definitely a lot more interesting than bored, that was for sure.

In seconds flat, her legs were thrown over the bed and she vaulted to a standing position. What was the point of wasting away in a room with no one there? Not even a lingering spirit of a dead woman? Miriel tipped her head towards her closet, pulling out a singular, long black trench coat of some sorts. It would do little to mask who she was once out in about on the streets. That didn’t matter to her. She just wanted something covering her skin for compensation from what Mur—

“Nay,” she whispered to herself in punishment. Best not to think about the Wizard of the Woods. Tranquility was all she was willing to carry with her to whatever tavern she chose, and if that tranquility was tampered with, Riv would be seeing a different side of their elf mage. Miriel pulled her lips into a tight line when Beckka still hadn’t said anything, walking out of the door with her head held high. A passing guard quirked an eyebrow in her direction, but Miriel ignored him deliberately. The sooner she was out of the castle the better. No one stopped her from walking out of the huge, forest green and gold double doors of the Riv castle. No one seemed to have cared that she was walking so gracefully out into the streets at the hour, where parties and riots seemed to have birthed seconds after the sun dipped beyond the horizon. Absentmindedly, she cast a  black-eyed glance to a couple eating each other’s faces off. Her stomach turned and she snapped her head back forward.

A little seed of doubt planted against the side of her head. Was leaving the safety of the castle really the best thing for her? Even after most of Riv knew that she failed in retrieving the spell book from the Wizard of the W—

“YOU BLOODY, FILTHY’ MAGGOT SWALLOWER! GET BACK O’ER HERE AN’ PAY FOR THAT DAMNED MEAD!” Miriel swung her head just in time to avoid a flying mug full of honey barely that went crashing into a stray shopping cart to the right of her. All in the same second, a hooded figure half slouched, half sprinted past her. His eyes were bloodshot and barely open when he walked backwards to stick out the bird.

“Your mead ain’t good enough to raise cows in!”

“YOU AIN’T GONE BE ALIVE TO RAISE NO MORE COWS IF YOU DON’T GET BACK OVER HERE AND PAY FOR THEM GOODS!”

“You wanna’ know how I feel about your goods?”

“—HALF-PINTED DIM-WITTED, SLOSH OF AR— “

“To the hells with your barley, MANNIE MCFRUGGEN!” In a matter of seconds flat, Miriel who was once standing placidly in the middle of the street to avoid any more flying bar ware, now stood facing a mob of drunkards rushing straight towards her to get redemption from ‘Mannie McFruggin’ who was coaxing them along from behind her. It was monkey in the middle and she was definitely in the middle.

“If you would have just stayed in the castle, child…” Beckka purred while Miriel stood, wide-eyed and shaking.
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

PostSubject: Re: A Rift in the Woods   A Rift in the Woods I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 10:44 pm

"Yes, that's the one. What do you know?" Muryn leaned towards the bar slightly as if to keep it between the two men. The bartender leaned in as well, looking left and right before matching eyes with him.

"Word is, she lost the book from a powerful wizard. And she was tryin' t' sleep wit' him for it. That explains the lingerie."

"Lingerie?"

"Aye, but when she returned back wit' th' book..Turns out it was a cookin' book!" The tender couldn't help but let out a hearty chuckle, Muryn did too trying to fit in as best as he could. The tender had prepared the stout for Muryn. Nodding in thanks, and taking a large sip. Mmm..Good ol' stout. Haven't had this in a long time.

"That is pretty funny. Do you have any idea where she is now?"

The tender shrugged. "Fraid not, sorry. You could try t-" His sentence cut off by the growing ruckus outside. Loud shouting and things crashing into walls, the tender shrugged. "Fer fuck sake, can't ever go a day witout fighting one of his customers."

"One of the other bartenders in town I assume." This would be a good chance to get more information on Miriel, finishing up the last of his stout and sliding a pouch of coins over to the tender before standing from his stool and heading on out the door. Upon heading out, his ears were ringing from the yelling and arguing, turning his head to see a large crowd of people in the distance. Hell, some of them were still throwing objects around and he would have to wait a step before approaching closer.

"That's what I'm looking for probably.." As he proceeded closer to the group, trying his best not to seem out of place just yet, or get himself hurt for that matter. He could tell that they surrounding something or someone, yet there was no good trying to peer through the backs of their heads and risk blowing his cover. He got as close as he could to outer ring of people, then slowly used every ounce of muscle in his calves to put him on his tippy-toes to get a picture of what was in the center. He saw hair, pale skin, and an oddly familiar set of...Ears?

Miriel?! In the middle of it all? She wasn't that mad about not getting the book was she? Muryn took a minute or two to analyze what was going on. It seemed like the pack of people were trying to get to the person on the other side of Miriel and the girl beside her, they just landed up in a bad spot.

Quickly shoving his way to the front of the crowd that way now he was in between the mob and Miriel, and his eyes keeping watching on the man behind her. "My, you people have such an odd way of dealing with your problems."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rift in the Woods   A Rift in the Woods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Rift in the Woods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Medieval Roleplays :: One-on-One Medieval Roleplays-
Jump to: