Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 3:34 pm

"Okay.." Amalie agreed uncertainly. Getting hurt didn't really sound like something she should be allowing to happen voluntarily, but she knew that there was no other way to learn. She nodded a little and looked at Eagle, watching the girl immediately go into her own stance. It was so different than what Amalie was used to that she couldn't help but stare. So strange! She tilted her head slightly, then snapped out of it and quickly got into a stance that mirrored Saphira's. It was almost identical, which only slight alterations due to inexperience and comfort. Once she was settled, she looked up and watched Eagle as she began to move. This was going to be the worst part..

She inhaled and held it, quickly stepping to the inside of Eagle's arm to avoid the harsh connection of her hand. When she realized that she made it, she was so surprised that she paused for a moment. She turned afterward, aiming a hit against Eagle's left side along her ribs.
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Eagle smiled as she watched the girl. Eagle's back hand, her right, raised up, sliding along her body to catch Amalie's fist as it flew towards Eagle's ribs. "Good young one." Though if Amalie was to look up she would see Einar was stern faced, even as her maiden's held a happy and proud expression. "Again!" Deep bass voice flew out like a clap of thunder.

Eagle would step back to get out of Amalie's range, then aim another slow left jab to the right side of Amalie's jaw.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 3:46 pm

Amalie found her fist caught, but that was a lot more desirable than getting hit. She smiled at Eagle and nodded a little, stepping back. A quick glance at the others before she went back into position, knowing that she couldn't stand around and waste time or she'd probably end up with a black eye. Now that would be something new for her.. She pushed away the thought and watched Eagle closely as she moved back in, her aim different this time.

Amalie was caught off guard, her body not prepared to move left instead. She reacted without thinking about it, shifting backward and to the right slightly to let the jab pass her by. Her stance twisted and she raised her left arm to ensure Eagle's arm kept moving away from her, then her right foot slid forward and she aimed a jab right below the girl's ribs to attempt to knock her over.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 3:51 pm

Once more Eagle's back hand moved to catch Amalie's hand as it flew to her ribs. "Wrong, Amalie you have to move forward. When you back up you become off-balanced. If you must back away, or side step, small movements. Make the enemy think they're going to hit you, but make them miss by a small margin. Now...again! Eagle use the same move." Words spoken in that deep and serious tone of Einar's. Eagle once more reset herself, backed away, then swung out with her left hand to Amalie's jaw once more.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 3:57 pm

Amalie frowned and shook her head slightly to try and focus. Moving in toward somebody attempting to hit you went against everything that she knew. Even when her tutors lashed out, she jumped back. It was natural, it was instinct. She watched Eagle, swallowing her anxiety as she stepped in and caught her hand instead, her left arm braced to block in case Eagle used her right to try and hit as well.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 4:01 pm

Eagle twists her hand towards the direction of the thumb on the hand Amalie was using to grab with. Eagle's hand twisting right out of the grip, but she merely stepped back and reset herself. Aiming yet another left jab to Amalie's face. "Remember Amalie, this is merely learning, not sparring. Try not to attack too much, if you hit wrong or if Eagle feels that she's in danger it could hurt a lot." Einar spoke plain as day. "Get used to Dodging and Moving in. Remember, small movements, plan your steps and movements."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 4:05 pm

"I didn't attack, I blocked!" Amalie pointed out, ducking the jab and stepping back from Eagle to try and get a better focus instead of becoming distracted.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 4:09 pm

Einar nodded to her. "Yes, this time, but you have attacked twice. Blocking incorrectly can be just as dangerously as attacking incorrectly." Words spoken with a spec of truth. "I know it's your instinct to block and attack back, but nobody here is trying to really hurt or kill you Amalie, we are all your friends." Smirk given as he chuckled a bit. "Remember that, when we teach techniques and train you, we are your friends. Though when you finally get the opportunity to spar against us, hold nothing back."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 4:14 pm

"Alright," Amalie agreed. Einar was right, it was instinct to hit back, but why? She had never hit anybody before.. Well, not counting the fire poker, of course. She wasn't one to slap those she disliked or even poke at them. This was strange, yet natural. She pushed down the urge to tussle and focused back on Eagle. Learning techniques, she reminded herself. No fighting.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 4:19 pm

Einar smiled as he watched her form relax a little more. "Concentrate on your breathing, in through the nose, out through the mouth. Deep even breaths, now watch Eagle's torso, shoulders, and hips. People can lie with their eyes, with their arms, and with their legs. Hips, shoulders, and bodies cannot lie." Smile given as Eagle stepped forward and threw a slightly quicker left jab to Amalie's face. Left hand forcing her to get used to stepping right, to Eagle's inside.

With the advice Amalie would start to notice that Eagle's hips and shoulders tended to twist to the side she was striking with.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Amalie nodded a little and forced herself to focus on what he was saying. She breathed as instructed and watched Eagle, no longer focusing on her face and which way her arms were going. Expressions were distracting and arms could change at the last moment. When she started paying attention to her shoulders and upper torso instead, she realized that she could see which way Eagle had to go. She reacted at the same time that Eagle moved, stepping inside immediately with her right arm tensed to block.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 4:30 pm

Einar smiled at this and chuckled. "See, much easier, less scary as well. When you know what's going on, when you know your opponent, you can react and your courage is easier to dip into. Though you'll only know yourself in the midst of combat against an opponent you don't know and have a hard time beating." Smirk given before he called out, "Now, quicker Eagle and switch arms." Simply said to her.

Eagle nodded and switched her stance to a southpaw version of her stance. Right leg out front and left leg behind her. Right hand striking out quicker than before, but obviously not at full strength as she struck out.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 4:42 pm

Amalie nodded in agreement, smiling a bit. This was easier. She resumed her stance, watching Eagle as she seemed to do the exact opposite of before. It was going to make Amalie step the other way, which was alright. Now she expected it. She watched Eagle's body closely, waiting for the moment of movement so that she could plan when to step into the other female. As she waited in the span of a breath, she wondered absently just how hard the girl could hit.

'Careful, Kadlin!'

Amalie flinched slightly and refocused, moving just in time as she stepped into Eagle rapidly and kept to the inside of her arm. What was that? She glanced around but nobody else was near. Strange.. She shook her head a little and resumed her stance back where she was supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:29 pm

Einar's brows furrowed as he concentrated on Amalie, noting the hesitation, but assuming it was still jitters. "Again!" Word boomed out like a cannonball. Eagle merely stepped back and struck at her again. A little bit faster and a little bit harder. Amalie would be most surprised to find that Eagle could hit just as hard as any man. In fact all three women were capable warriors themselves. Einar just had genetics, gender, and years of experience over the four women before him.

Walking around them Einar would utter 'Again' a few more times, having Eagle switch sides every now and again, wanting Amalie to atleast learn, if not master, this simple step.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:33 pm

Amalie started moving automatically since it was all repetition with barely any pause now. At first it was fine to let her focus wander, since it was the same thing over and over. Soon, however, Eagle moved faster than anticipated and she caught a jab right in her jaw. She twisted and fell to one knee in surprise, blinking. That hurt more than she had expected. She winced and got back up, shaking her head.

"Sorry," she muttered absently, glancing at the pair and waiting for yet another 'again' to come flying at her.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:41 pm

Einar watched this, muscles tensing obviously as he let her get hurt and fall down. Watching her stand on her own. "Alright, that is enough. If you haven't mastered it, I assume you've atleast learned it. Now, we will combine that." Einar waved over at Saphira. "Now, when you step in, one of the easiest things to do, is simply target the ribs or the jaw....but why stop with an 'or'?" Einar chuckled as he shook his head, visibly preparing himself.

Waving at Saphira before he struck out with a simple left jab. Saphira stepped in to Einar's right, her left, and shot her left hand out in a strike to his ribs, then a right uppercut to the side of Einar's jaw. Einar's head turned a bit and he stepped to the side, obviously rolling with the impact. "Example given, not going to be repeated. Sidestep, then with your lead hand attack the ribs, and with your reserve hand, your power hand, uppercut the jaw."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Amalie nodded a little and watched the demonstration. Her jaw ached but she ignored it, trying her best to pay attention. Now she not only had to watch her opponent's body movements, but also time two hits correctly. This wasn't going to be easy. She nodded slowly and got into position, waiting. This should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Einar nodded to Amalie. "This you will shadowbox with, defensive techniques I will have one of the four train you, but I will not have you striking them. After all, it'd be a shame if you hurt yourself, or them." Smirk given as he watches Amalie, standing infront of her a mere ten or so meters away. Being careful to give her space.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:10 pm

"So they can strike me but I can not strike back?" Amalie asked, raising an eyebrow. Interesting. She knew she didn't hit nearly as hard as the one jab she had taken to the jaw. Oh well. She shrugged a little and got into position, going through the moves that Einar had shown her. It felt incredibly silly and hard to judge distance without a person actually there, but she at least tried.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:19 pm

Einar nodded to her. "We can hold back, and know the extent of our strengths and aim. Besides, Eagle only hit you once, would it be fair to hit her over and over again?" Question asked as he looked at her. "Always imagine someone infront of you, your build and height, the perfect partner. Now when you strike, strike through them. Twist your hips and turn your shoulders, try to put your body weight into it."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:22 pm

Einar had a good point. She didn't really want to hurt anybody, she just hadn't seen it as fair. But his explanation made sense. She nodded a little and took her starting stance again, this time trying very hard to pretend she was looking into a mirror. A person her size, but obviously a better fighter because they were going to strike first. She pictured the jab and stepped to the inside of it, then turned and slammed a jab in the imaginary ribs, followed by a strike upward to about her jaw level. Each 'hit' was followed by her arms moving back into place, not wanting to leave herself open to a retaliation.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:27 pm

Einar smiled at this, nodding to her. "Good work, good footwork, remember not to cross your legs or ankles. When you can try and hide your jaw behind a shoulder." Smirk given as he walked about her. Alwilda, Saphira, and Eagle giving their little pointers. Having her crouch a bit to lower her center of gravity, square up her shoulders, and not having her lean into her punches.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:30 pm

Amalie took each bit of advice, though she was starting to feel like a doll on strings with all of the alterations she was making based on every suggestion. Soon, however, she realized that what she was doing felt different. It was more natural and comfortable, and it didn't take so much effort to do one move because she was not leaning or standing too high to fight the natural pull of her body. She smiled a bit and did the motions again, more confident now.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Einar smiled and clapped his hands. "Perfect! You are perfect!" Walking forward to reach down and cup her cheeks. "By Odin, I'll make you into a Valkyrie that will shatter the heavens...." Blink given as he smirked and lowered his hands. "But is it what you want? Do you desire this training Amalie?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:36 pm

"Yes," she replied immediately. She realized that she may have reacted a bit too quickly, causing her to blush slightly as she gave Einar a smile. "Yes, I do."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Romance Roleplays :: One-on-One Romance Roleplays-
Jump to: