Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Borderlands: The Bid for Power

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ionalien
Ionalien

Borderlands: The Bid for Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands: The Bid for Power   Borderlands: The Bid for Power I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:22 pm

Im not sure if I read this before or not but this seems awesome. Can I still put out a character sheet?
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands: The Bid for Power   Borderlands: The Bid for Power I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Of course! Honestly, though, I doubt it'll get off the ground. Mine rarely get any attention.
Back to top Go down
Ionalien
Ionalien

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands: The Bid for Power   Borderlands: The Bid for Power I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Name: Simon “Speedy” Reed

Class: Sniper

Action Skill: (If this seems overpowered, let me know.) With extreme focus, Simon can temporarily slow his perception of time, and therefore perform actions at what seems to be an impossible speed to those around him. (Duration up to 7 seconds, cooldown of 30 seconds)

Specialties: Sniper Rifles and Pistols

Personality: He tries to have fun with what he does, even especially when it involves mass murder. He is one for making lame puns or wisecracks, and speaks the way he fights; fast, or faster. He tends to get restless easily and is always eager to get to the next excitement. Speedy obviously isn’t the sniper who sits and waits.

Backstory: As a kid, Simon was always told to wait. By his parents when he was eager to eat and go do...something. By the doctor when he broke his leg and couldn’t stand (heh) being slowed down. By his friends at the bus stop when he got there early. So he split from his slow and boring home world the moment the clock hit midnight on his eighteenth birthday. Pandora was the first planet he saw interesting things happening on, so here he is.

Melee Weapon: A digistruct dagger.

Last edited by Ionalien on Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I am a fool.)
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands: The Bid for Power   Borderlands: The Bid for Power I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 1:22 pm

Sweet. Maybe with a little bit of actual interest, others will start getting interested. Like an interest katamari.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Location : My mind's on the Tardis, my body's most likely in a classroom...

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands: The Bid for Power   Borderlands: The Bid for Power I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:17 pm

Is it okay to join, even if we haven't played the game?
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands: The Bid for Power   Borderlands: The Bid for Power I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 11:36 pm

Sure. Anything you need to know, I can either explain or give you the link to the wiki so you can research it yourself.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands: The Bid for Power   Borderlands: The Bid for Power I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 2:29 pm

I looked at the wiki... Couldn't make heads or tails of it. Would you mind giving me a bit of background?
Back to top Go down
Ionalien
Ionalien

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands: The Bid for Power   Borderlands: The Bid for Power I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 4:13 pm

You can ask me questions as well, although I only played about 3/5 of Borderlands 2
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: A Brief History of Pandora   Borderlands: The Bid for Power I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Well...

In the distant future, in the year 5252, several colonization ships head to Pandora, a planet on the edge of the galaxy. The colonists are drawn there in search of a better life as well as vast mineral resources said to be on the planet, free for the taking, akin to a futuristic gold rush. Some time after settling, the colonists discover that there is little the planet offers aside from some decrepit alien ruins. When the companies mining the planet leave, they let loose the criminals they had employed as forced labor and left any other colonists there. Some of the settlers seek to get rich quick by discovering alien technology. Most others are just trying to survive. After seven earth years, the planet's slow orbit brings a transition from winter to spring, and many horrifying creatures emerge from hibernation.
A beacon of hope for the remaining colonists emerges in the form of a mysterious alien Vault carved in the side of a mountain. This Vault is said to contain vast stores of alien technology and secrets. The only problem is that the people who discovered the Vault were completely wiped out by some sort of protective force. The only evidence of their discovery is a scattered radio transmission, proclaiming the Vault's majesty, but not its location.

Borderlands:

On the planet Pandora, Roland (Soldier), Lilith (Siren), Mordecai (Hunter) and Brick (Berserker) set out to find the first Vault, given hints and instructions by the Guardian Angel, a mysterious woman that appears to Vault Hunters. They fight their way through the settlers, the native creatures and members of the Crimson Lance, the military forces of the Atlas Corporation, gathering the pieces of the Vault Key. The pieces are then stolen by Commandant Steele, another Siren and the leader of the Crimson Lance forces on Pandora.

The Vault Hunters fought their through the Crimson Lance and up the mountain where the Vault resided. They were too late to stop Commandant Steele from opening the Vault, but what was inside was nothing like any of them were expecting. A massive, interdimensional monster emerged. The Destroyer, a massive blob of teeth and tentacles, immediately killed Commandant Steele. The Vault Hunters immediately killed it.

But when the battle was over, they found no loot. No guns, no technology, no nothing. So they left. What they couldn't have known is that the opening of the Vault had triggered the growth of the mysterious element called Eridium to grow all over the planet.

Borderlands 2:

5 years later the Hyperion Corporation, led by Handsome Jack, has set up shop on Pandora and begun mining Eridium. Rumors that Handsome Jack has discovered another Vault and is planning to open it and wipe out all life on Pandora has drawn a new group of Vault Hunters. Axton (Commando), Maya (Siren), Salvador (Gunzerker), Zer0 (A Number Assassin), Gaige (Mechromancer) and Krieg (Psycho) are attacked on a train by Hyperion robots. After defeating them, they begin to progress up the train only to find the very next car full of explosives set by Handsome Jack.

They crawl out of the flaming wreckage of the train on Windshear Waste and are met by the last remaining Claptrap robot. The robot assumes they will aid his escape from the glacier and help him get to Sanctuary, where the Crimson Raiders have set up shop. The Guardian Angel tells them that they need to follow Claptrap if they're going to find the Vault.

Aiding Claptrap's trek from his home to Sanctuary, the Vault Hunters defeat a massive Bullymong called Knuckledragger and a sadistic pyromaniac bandit leader called Captain Flynt. Arriving at Sanctuary, they are informed that Roland is missing. They are sent to find the bounty hunter known as the Firehawk. Upon arriving in Frostburn canyon, they find the Bloodshot bandit clan assaulting the Firehawk's lair. Fighting their way through the bandits, they make their way into the lair and find...

Lilith - The Firehawk. Lilith had been using her powers to keep the Bloodshots focused on her while Roland and the Crimson Raiders fought Handsome Jack. The Vault Hunters defeat the bandits and Lilith tells them where to find Roland.

Roland has been kidnapped by the Bloodshots and is being held in their stronghold while their leader tries to ransom him off to Hyperion. The Vault Hunters attempt to rescue Roland, only to be turned away at the gate because their car is obviously not a bandit car. After a short run to The Dust, they return in a bandit technical and get the Bloodshots to open the gate. Once inside, they fight their way to Roland.

Just as they get there, Hyperion robots attack the dam in which the stronghold resides. Roland takes down a few that get into his cell, but a Constructor captures him and takes him to an extraction point. The Vault Hunters fight through robot and bandit until they come to the Constructor. They take it down, freeing Roland, just as reinforcements begin to arrive. Roland aids in the fight and the Vault Hunters come out triumphant.

Back in Sanctuary, Roland says that his informant out in Tundra Express has information on the location of the Vault Key, which had been stolen by Handsome Jack. Going out to Tundra Express, they use fire weapons to set the local Varkids on fire to wake up...

Mordecai, and his BFF Bloodwing (Bloodwing is a bird-of-prey called a Corpse Eater and was Mordecai's action skill). Mordecai tells the Vault Hunters that the Vault Key is on a train that is coming through Tundra Express soon. Roland tells them to go to Tiny Tina for help.

Tiny Tina, the world's deadliest 13 year old, is a bomb maker and moderately psychotic. She tells the Vault Hunters that the rockets she needs, which she refers to as the "badonkadonks" of two of her dolls, were stolen by the bandits. After the Vault Hunters retrieve them, Tina sticks them back in the dolls. The Vault Hunters take them and prepare them for launch. As the train approaches, Tina begins the countdown to launch, then launches at 9. Luckily, one rocket hits home and causes the train to crash. The Vault Hunters fight their way through the half-destroyed Hyperion robots until they come to the bulk of the wreckage. The Guardian Angel assures them that if Jack really wanted to protect the Vault Key, he'd have sent Wilhelm.

Just then, one of the train cars rumble and is flung out of the ice. From beneath it emerges Wilhelm, an upgraded Hyperion soldier who has been combined with robot parts. Roland and Lilith urge the Vault Hunters to flee because Wilhelm nearly killed them in the past. The Guardian Angel urges them to fight, promising that they can beat him. The Vault Hunters, seeing no immediate escape, decide to fight. To the amazement of Roland and Lilith, they are victorious. The Vault Key, however, is not there. They do salvage a unique power core, which they can use to power Sanctuary's shields.

Upon installing the power core, they discover something terrible. The Guardian Angel was working for Handsome Jack all along. She lowered Sanctuary's shields and exposed them to a Hyperion Moonshot Blitz. To escape, Lilith used her Phasewalking power to help the gigantic mining ship fly and teleport away. Unfortunately, the Vault Hunters were teleported out of the city.

The Guardian Angel appears to the Vault Hunters again, claiming that they still needed her help because she knows where the Vault key is. She directs the Vault Hunters toward The Fridge, saying that Sanctuary is likely to reappear on the other side. They fight their way through the Rats, cannibalistic humans who use the cold of The Fridge both as a home and as food storage. They emerge just in time to see Sanctuary appear in the sky. They head for the nearby Fast Travel, only to discover that the Sanctuary destination was missing.

The Guardian Angel reasoned that the teleport had knocked it offline. She directed them to a nearby Hyperion drop zone to steal the moonshot drop beacon, then to the quiet town of Overlook to use it to requisition an uncalibrated Fast Travel module. Handsome Jack attempted to stop them by sending large amounts of robots to destroy the beacon, while Angel forced the requisition officers to process and approve the request. After the module was received, Handsome Jack punished Angel for helping the Vault Hunters.

Having successfully returned to Sanctuary, the Vault Hunters met up with Roland and Lilith and they began to make new plans. Angel interrupts, saying they will need her help. Roland angrily asks why they should trust her. She says that the Vault Key is there with her. Roland tells her to go on. She says that to get to her they will have to pass a force field that will atomize any unauthorized personnel, a bunker with the most powerful weapons Hyperion could stuff into it and a door that would only open for Handsome Jack.

Roland tells the Vault Hunter that Claptrap needs an upgrade before being able to get through the death wall. He says that Mordecai has a chip with the software on it. He then tells them that Mordecai is out at the Hyperion Wildlife Exploitation Preserve. Upon arriving, the Vault Hunters are informed that the chip they need is on Bloodwing's collar...and Bloodwing has been captured by Hyperion and is being held inside the Wildlife Exploitation facility.

They fight their way in, through creature handlers and creatures themselves, until they come to the Observation Wing. Held inside cells by force fields are several dangerous Badass Skags and some Stalkers. At the end of the hallway is a door. They open it and find a tree surrounded by feathers that definitely came from Bloodwing. As they left, Handsome Jack came on their ECHO communicator and said Slag experimentation had interesting effects on the creatures of Pandora, then went on to say it was feeding time. He proceeded to deactivate the force fields keeping the creatures in. After killing them, the Vault Hunters continued through the facility. Eventually, they came to the end. Handsome Jack addressed them again, saying he had been doing some interesting experiments with her but if they really wanted her back they could have her. A platform opened in the floor, out of which rose a massive Bloodwing, covered in Slag. Mordecai panicked, afraid something irreversible had happened. Calming down, he decided that the Vault Hunters would weaken her, then he would hit her with a tranquilizer. Throughout the fight, Jack demonstrated that Bloodwing was now able to use all the elemental powers. Going through the list, he feigned forgetting the last after Slag, Fire, Shock and Corrosive. The Vault Hunters sufficiently weakened Bloodwing, then Mordecai took the shot. The unconscious bird fell to the ground and the Vault Hunters retrieved the chip from her collar. Before they could move her, however, Handsome Jack chimed in again...

"Oh yeah! EXPLOSIVE!!!" He triggered a device that caused Bloodwing's head to explode, causing Mordecai to cry out in anguish. The Vault Hunters fled back to Sanctuary, their retreat covered by an enraged Mordecai weiling an Explosive Sniper Rifle.Mordecai returned to Sanctuary as well, to offer any aid he could to the Crimson Raiders.

Roland had come up with a way to get past the bunker. He gave the Vault Hunters a note to take to the Slab King in Thousand Cuts. Upon arriving, they were immediately attacked by bandits. The Slab King initially believed them to be Hyperion assassins and ordered his men to kill them. After someone pointed out that they didn't look like assassins, the Slab King assumed they were here to join the Slabs, his bandit clan. He ordered his men to continue attacking until the Vault Hunters came to his arena. Inside the arena, the Slab King ordered his most powerful Slabs to attack, to test the new recruits. After slaughtering multiple badasses and numerous others, the Slab King jumped from his throne to the arena and pulled off his helmet to reveal...

Brick. The Vault Hunters handed him the note from Roland and he told them that he'd help because he owed Roland. Just then, they heard the familiar booms of Hyperion robots falling to the ground. The Slabs reported that they were under attack. Rushing outside, the Vault Hunters and Brick began battling the robots. Dodging between mortar shots, they made their way from mortar beacon to mortar beacon to destroy them. When they were all destroyed, Brick informed the Vault Hunters that he was going back to Sanctuary and that the Slabs around Thousand Cuts would still try to kill them.

Returning to Sanctuary, they hoped someone would have an idea on how to get past the door that would only open for Handsome Jack. No one did, except for Angel. She told them to travel to the Hyperion city of Opportunity. Upon arriving, she had them kill one of handsome Jack's body doubles for a pocket watch that gave them the bio signature of Handsome Jack. After that, they traveled to information kiosks to record voice clips of Handsome Jack so Angel could make a voice modulator. Once it was complete, they were ready.

In Sanctuary, the Vault Hunters met up again with Roland, Lilith, Mordecai and Brick. Angel contacted them and told them that whatever they do, Lilith must not be allowed into her chamber. Roland told Lilith and Mordecai they needed to stay there to protect the citizens of Sanctuary while he scaled the mountain from the back and Brick and the Vault Hunters assaulted the bunker from the front. He then sent them to get Claptrap. Approaching Claptrap, whom they had already given the upgrade (Which included a cloaking device), to ask him to go to Thousand Cuts. Before they could say anything, though...

"Minions! Let's go to Thousand Cuts!" Claptrap wanted to make his attack on Handsome Jack and wanted his minions there to help. Upon arriving in Thousand Cuts, Claptrap began spray painting every rock he could find near the death wall, claiming "I'm gonna tag every rock on this mountain!" Upon passing through the death wall, Claptrap asked if the Vault Hunters were coming, before realizing that they aren't Hyperion robots. He deactivates the death wall and they all continue a small way until they find Claptrap's one weakness...

"Stairs?! I can't climb stairs!" Claptrap sent the Vault Hunters on without him to take his revenge on Handsome Jack. They climbed the mountain, fighting through the Hyperion forces, until they reached the top. There, Handsome Jack addresses them over their ECHO communicator and tells them that they're not AT the bunker, that the bunker isn't a place...

It's a robot. The massive airship, BNK3R, rose from the ground and began flying around them. The Vault Hunters leapt into battle, aided by Brick's Slabs. After a long and difficult fight, the BNK3R fell and the Vault Hunters found the door that only opened for Handsome Jack. Speaking the password given by Angel, "I love you", the door opened and allowed them entrance into Control Core Angel.

Inside, they found something they certainly weren't expecting. Angel wasn't a computer. She was a Siren. She explained that to charge the Vault Key, Handsome Jack needed two things: Eridium and a Siren catalyst. She told them that it wouldn't be enough to just take the Vault Key. They would also have to kill her. Reluctantly, the Vault Hunters began to attack the tubes feeding the Eridium into Angel's containment tube. Before they could make any progress, though, Handsome Jack raised the shields around them and activated the defenses.

As thr Vault Hunters battled against the turrets, robots and tesla coils, Roland appeared above them. He crossed a bridge that led to the override controls for one of the shields and shut it down. The Vault Hunters destroyed it, causing Angel terrible pain.

As they waited for Roland to take another shield down, they continued to fight the defenses. All the while, Handsome Jack begged and pleaded for them not to do it. He said they'd be ending the life of an innocent girl. Angel reassured them that it had to be done and that Jack had killed her long ago. Roland took down another shield and the Vault Hunters destroyed the Eridium pump, again hurting Angel.

Before he could make it to the last override, the bridge Roland was on was hit by a rocket and he was knocked down. He could no longer reach the shield controls. It was over...

Except it wasn't. Lilith appeared at the same entrace Roland had used and asked what she needed to do. Roland told her to take out the computer controlling the shield. She did and the Vault Hunters took out the last pump. The tube shattered, dropping Angel and the Vault Key onto the ground. Handsome Jack told the Vault Hunters what horrible people they were for killing her. Angel's reply to him was "Dad...you're an asshole." Those were her final words.

Roland addressed the Vault Hunters with his back to where the tube was. He told them it was over, that they had won. In the excitement, no one noticed the teleport in the floor of the tube activate. Immediately after declaring victory, Roland was shot through the chest by Handsome Jack. Enraged, Lilith charged, only to have a collar slapped on her neck. Jack explained that the collar allowed him to control her and ordered her to kill the Vault Hunters. Painfully struggling against the control, Lilith forced herself to teleport them back to Sanctuary.

With half the old team gone, Mordecai and Brick were left to come up with a plan of attack. Mordecai decided they needed to get into the Hyperion Info Stockade out in the Arid Nexus. As they approached the bridge to get there, it automatically raised. Mordecai didn't know how to get them across, but Brick had an idea.

He told them they needed heavy duty explosives from his rival bandit clan, the Sawteeth. The Vault Hunters went to Sawtooth Cauldron and attempted to call the elevator up to the Buzzard's Nest, where Mortar and his Sawteeth kept their good stuff. When they were denied use of the elevator, Brick told them that they'd need to coax Mortar down and to do that they'd need to blow up his prized Buzzard. They found it, fought through the defenses and blew it up without even watching the explosion. Upon their return to the elevator, they found Mortar ready for a fight. They quickly killed him and made their way up. They fought the Sawteeth and the Buzzards and cleared the sky for the Slabs to pick up the explosives.

They fought through the Arid Nexus Badlands and into the Arid Nexus Boneyard. At the same time, Brick was stealing a Hyperion drop barge and giving progress reports along the way. They saw the Info Stockade and followed a raised highway leading out from it until they found an elevator up. Before they could use it, though, they were attacked by a gigantic robot called Saturn. Fighting hard, they destroyed it and used the elevator up. Fighting down the road, they destroyed more robots until they got inside. Eliminating the Hyperion personnel inside, they found a computer and downloaded the location of Lilith and the Vault. It was in Hero's Pass.

"I've got the drop barge! These chumps were no match for my secret 'Punch you in the face until you die' fighting style!"

They were now ready to assault Hero's Pass. The Vault Hunters made their way to the entrance where they found Claptrap. He told them it was time to end it. They made their way to the door, which Claptrap said was nothing because he was MADE to open doors. Upon attempting, extra security locks closed. Claptrap tried again and robots were deployed. The Vault Hunters dealt with them while Claptrap continued trying to open the door. The next attempt called more powerful robots. After that, autocannons were activated. Claptrap claimed to have an idea. Moments later, the autocannons began firing on the robots. Soon, they were all destroyed and Claptrap finally managed to open the door. Behind it was...

The most terribly high staircase you've ever seen! Dejected, Claptrap cloaked and began to cry. The Vault Hunters continued onward. Fighting their way through Hero's Pass, covered by Mordecai and Brick in the drop barge, they came to the Vault of the Warrior. They charged in, hoping to Stop Jack from opening the Vault. Lilith and the Vault Key were under a force field, so the only option was to attack Handome Jack. He had body doubles teleport in and flying robots come to help, but he was ultimately defeated. Near death, Handsome Jack took refuge under the force field just as the Vault Key finished charging. He pushed it into an indent in the floor and the ground began to rumble. From the lava below, the massive Warrior arose to serve the one who had opened the Vault. Handsome Jack gave it one order: Kill.

The Warrior attacked the Vault Hunters with fire breath, a slag laser and it's great strength. Discovering that it's weakness was under the plates on it's chest, they began blasing them away so they could hit it's chest. Eventually, they managed to defeat it. They called down a Hyperion Moonshot Supply Drop to deal a definite final blow. Unable to flee or fight, Handsome Jack raged at the Vault Hunters. He claimed he was not supposed to lose because he was the hero and they were just bandits. Ignoring him, Lilith told them to kill him or she would. Unable to come to a decision on who should do it, Lilith went ahead and killed him.

Brick and Mordecai came limping in, supporting each other. Lilith asked where they had been and said if it weren't for the Vault Hunters they'd all be dead. Lilith moved to collect the Vault Key, when it began to glow. A beam of light shot up and the cavern darkened. It revealed a map of an unknown amount of space. On many of the planets were Vault Symbols.

"Are those...Vaults?" Brick seemed excited.

"Heh. I guess there's no rest for the wicked." Lilith said.

They returned to Sanctuary, sore but victorious. They erected a statue of Roland and another of Bloodwing.

Eventually, Mordecai got another Corpse Eater egg and hatched a new friend.

The Vault Hunters went on to have more adventures.

And eventually, new Vault Hunters came to Pandora...
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands: The Bid for Power   Borderlands: The Bid for Power I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Lots of text. Looootttsss of intresting text.
It's not really my thing.... Soryy!
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands: The Bid for Power   Borderlands: The Bid for Power I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 9:36 pm

Aww. And I took all that time to type that out, too. :/
Back to top Go down
Ionalien
Ionalien

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands: The Bid for Power   Borderlands: The Bid for Power I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Jesus. You typed out all of that? Sorry man, hopefully it will bring in someone else who likes shooty shooty guns.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands: The Bid for Power   Borderlands: The Bid for Power I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:18 pm

Hopefully. I'd really, really like to get a full party for this.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands: The Bid for Power   Borderlands: The Bid for Power I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 4:05 pm

Okay, so with the site getting pretty active again and a bunch of new people coming in, I'm bumping this to see if I can't get some interest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands: The Bid for Power   Borderlands: The Bid for Power I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Borderlands: The Bid for Power
Page 1 of 1