Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A new Day Dawns

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

A new Day Dawns - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 1:38 am

It would have been entirely possible to brush off the rumors that he spoke of and convince him that the woods held nothing more than deer and a few rabbits running along between the known villages. At least, that's what she thought, until he kept talking. She froze with a piece of chicken halfway to her lips. He knew. There was no way that anybody knew that, even the people they dared trade with. She suddenly realized the setting and how alone she was, recalling as well his slip of accent earlier. Who was this man..? She didn't want to know. In seconds, she dropped everything she was holding and grabbed her cloak, bolting for the door.
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 1:44 am

Lon glanced at the door and whispered "Aither." A quick gust of wind slammed the door in the girl's face, and in seconds he was on his feet and his cloak was tossed aside. "Well now Keladry Haragiri... Not running away are we?" He said, his full form now visible. He wore a deep purple robe that went down to his ankles, loose, comfortable, and easy to move in. At his side was a longsword, on his back a bow and a quiver packed with arrows. The robe held an emblem on the upper right of his chest, a moon struck with an arrow, the symbol of the Agasarian Lunar Corp. "I'm here to offer you freedom, my dear. You and two lucky relatives." He said, shedding the accent completely. "Tarvanna needs a new monarch. Interested?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 1:47 am

Keladry barely managed to halt herself short of the door, narrowly avoiding the pain that would have come with slamming into it. She whirled around to face the stranger, quite a bit more scared than she had been before. He had power and knew who she was. That wasn't a pleasant combination at all. She stared at his odd clothing, then eyed his weapons. This wasn't a good night for her, apparently. She took a half step back against the door and frowned at his offer. "Not in the least," she finally said honestly, bewildered.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 1:50 am

Lon frowned, and mumbled in Agasarian. "Allow me to rephrase that. Interested in training to see if you WANT to be the new monarch, while at the same time seeing exotic and distant lands, far far away from your stuffy mother and ignorant relatives?" He said, deciding it was best to appeal to a different angle rather than her ambitions. He still needed two more candidates, of course...But that could come in due time.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 1:53 am

"No," she said immediately. "I don't know you, and you haven't been honest with me. How did you know my name? How did you know about the village?" she demanded, still a little scared. If she was honest with herself, his offer was appealing. Being a monarch sounded absurd and boring, but getting far away from here? Far away from her family? That sounded really nice..
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 1:58 am

Lon shrugged. "You gave me your first name, and I gave you mine. Your surname was obvious from the moment I saw you. No one has red hair and green eyes, no one but the Haragiri." He said, and then sat on the floor. "If you don't want to take the offer, fine. I am unmoved. I now know that the village exists, and that the Haragiri are hiding there. All I need to do is keep heading in my original direction, and I'll have the three potential candidates I need to bring back to the Royal city of Imperia. It doesn't even have to be you. I'm sure your cousins are aching to get away from this backwater village, no?" He said simply, and returned to eating his cheese.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:00 am

Keladry was silent for a few minutes, alternating between watching him and glancing out the window with a brooding frown. Finally she looked back at him and tilted her head. "Why do you want a Haragiri?"
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:09 am

Lon rummaged around in his bag, and took out a weathered book, bound in leather, with fraying pages. "This is a history of Tarvanna up to 1000. Its the year 1340, in case your family hasn't kept up. Anyway, Around 960, the Ontario dynasty rallied the nobles to overthrow the Haragiri dynasty. The Haragiri were considered champions of the people, reformists, and nearly toppled the caste system. The Tarvannan people want to go back to that golden age, now that the Ontatio have been overthrown in their recent war with Agasaria." He said as if it meant nothing to him.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:14 am

Nearly tuning out the history that she had drilled in her head since she was old enough to remember, Keladry nearly missed the end of what he said. The Ontario family was.. gone? She blinked and stared at him, but he didn't seem to be jesting with her. Did Tarvanna really want them back? Her mother would be elated. But..

"I think you're going to have a problem," she said quietly. "If you're looking for a real Haragiri, you aren't going to get those three candidates you want. Almost every single line is all mixed up with relatives and the families of those who used to be servants and others."
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:18 am

Lon shrugged, unsurprised. "We figured as much. That's why the Archbishop said three candidates, Not sure if there would be even that left. You are, of course, ideal, but clearly you don't want to be in the running. So, we'll have to make do with what we can find. I am sure you aren't the only one with crimson red hair, and that's the feature we really need." He said simply.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:22 am

"I'm not going to let you find them," she said firmly, crossing her arms. "If you want people, fine, I'll go get them. But there's no way I'm letting you go there after we worked so hard to stay hidden this long. You could be lying, or maybe other people could find them and not feel the same way. Then what? You can stay here and wait if you really want your 'candidates'." When she finished, Keladry felt strange. Being a monarch. It was beyond ridiculous, and she couldn't imagine a single one of her family members who would be good at it, let alone not destroy Tarvanna in the sake of revenge as soon as they got the power. Should she warn Lon about that..?
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:29 am

"Please. Half the country knows the Haragiri are somewhere between Desera and Tarvanna, deep in the mountains. Its become myth and legend, really." He said with a shrug. "You're more than welcome to try and stop me, but keep in mind I'm not the only one looking for your family. I'm just the only one that you'd actually want to find them." He said simply.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:44 am

Keladry frowned. She couldn't simply go with him. What if he was serious? What if other people really did know where they were and came looking? They weren't well defended, and nobody would be expecting it. Her family would be doomed. Yet what choice did she have..?

"I'll go with you.. if you don't need two more."
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:50 am

Now this was an interesting turn of events. Suddenly, the girl wanted to be the only option? "You? By yourself? And what if you find out you really don't want to be a queen? What are we suppose to do then?" He said, inwardly mulling over the option. Would he find another person who so clearly fit the public's image of the Haragiri? And even if he didn't, there would be a need for a safety net. Unless..."Fine, but there is a catch to me taking just you. You must rule, either of your own will, or as a puppet of someone else. That is the offer."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 8:48 am

"I'm not going to be a puppet. I've had enough of that already," she said with a frown. "If I decide that I don't like this whole.. being a queen thing.. Then I will come back here alone and get you more people," she decided, crossing her arms. "That's my final offer," she added, no waver of indecision in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:48 am

The girl was a lot of things, and weak willed was not one of them. Good. Lon thought. "Very well then, Keladry. We have ourselves a deal." He said, and already noted that he would send the Lunar Corp to follow her. She would never know they were there, let alone that she was being followed. "We shall set off at first light then, the nearest friendly village is Faria, we have a camp near there. Sleep well, Lady Keladry."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Lady? Keladry eyed Lon for a moment, then looked down at the bread in her hands. What did being a queen even mean? Her mother had drilled it into her, but she still felt lost. What if her family found them before morning? She frowned and glanced at the dark windows, then sighed and settled in to sleep. "Goodnight, Lon."

Last edited by Layne on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:50 pm

"Good night Keladry." He said. Lon ate a bit more, before glancing out through the windows, seeing nothing but a blizzard. Normally, he would stay up to keep watch, but anyone out in the woods in this storm would be dead or lost in a matter of minutes, and anyone caught in it would be begging for an arrow in their chest. He leaned against the wall, and slowly drifted off to sleep for perhaps six or seven hours, the longest he had gotten in nearly a week.

His eyes quickly snapped open, and he went to check the windows. The snow had stopped, but the snow had piled up several feet. Lon frowned, knowing it would be difficult to trudge through for him, but Keladry would be absolutely miserable, if frost bite didn't take her legs first. "Keladry, wake up. We have problems."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 1:00 pm

Keladry took a long while to fall asleep, and when she finally passed out, she had a wretched nightmare. She dreamed that she became a queen, but her whole family was there. It was awful. People were dying left and right.

When Lon said her name, she startled awake and looked around. No disaster. She breathed a slow sigh of relief and got up to peer out the windows. "This will be fun.. I think now is a good time to change."

Last edited by Layne on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 1:57 pm

So the girl had other clothing, that was a relief. This meant they could trudge through the snow. They would both be incredibly miserable, but it would be possible. "We can melt some of the snow with a fire aspect on my arrows. It will make walking much easier." He said, and then took two arrows out of quiver in a single swift motion. He handed one to Keladry, and then cupped the other before his mouth, whispering a few words as the arrowhead heated to a burning red. "It'll also help us keep warm, so it will be worth the energy spent on it." He said, using his own life force to use the blue magics. The heat shimmered from the arrowhead, creating a small aura of heat.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:46 pm

"Wow.." she breathed, tempted to poke the little heat source in her hands. She gazed at it, wondering absently if she had that ability as well. Probably not. Still, it was lovely to look at. She studied it closely a minute longer, then held it out to him.

"Can you hold this while I change, please? Oh, and turn around."

Last edited by Layne on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 3:30 pm

Lon took it and then turned, staring outside of the window, though not particularly seeing much other than snow piled as high as most children were tall. "Hurry up, we've got a great deal of ground left to cover. And I don't know if suppose to snow...again...God I hope not..."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 4:55 pm

Keladry nodded and made sure he wasn't looking, then she started to change. Dainty stockings were traded for a pair of dark brown leggings. The elegant dress vanished in favor of a too-large emerald tunic that she had 'borrowed' from one of her half-brothers. She pulled her hair back in a ponytail to keep the wind from whipping it into her face, then sat on the floor to lace up her boots.

"It's going to snow again soon. My mother said so. She's rarely wrong on the weather."
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:45 pm

"Yes, well hopefully 'soon' means tomorrow. I would really rather not trudge through the snow and wind swirling in my face." He said, and then turned, hearing the sound of boot being pulled on. He grabbed his own cloak, and wrapped it around himself, covering the quiver and avoiding the heated arrows. They would last about three hours before they would begin to drain his energy and force him to need sleep, but they should reach the camp before then, hopefully. "Either way, it's best if we hurry. I very much do not want to be stuck in a blizzard."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:54 pm

"Will those stay warm no matter what?" she asked curiously, standing once she had her boots on. She shoved everything in her bag and fastened it shut, then slung it on over her shoulder and pulled her cloak on. Once she was ready, she took her arrow from him and glanced out the window. They were either going to have to tunnel out or push a whole lot of snow down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new Day Dawns   A new Day Dawns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new Day Dawns
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Fantasy Roleplays-
Jump to: