Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The World Has Died

Go down 
+2
Juku
Rokku Hizori
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:14 am

The world has never been more reliant upon technology and electricity than it is in the modern era. It gives us heat, allows mass communication and mass media, enables democracy, grows our food, transports us, and manufactures our goods. Long gone are the days of the armored knight, but now...now the Dark Ages begin anew. A blinding flash was all anyone noticed, but after...darkness. Tvs are blank, radios silent, cars still, and guns harmless. History has changed, and survivors rise to begin writing a new chaper of human history. People are coming together, both to survive, and to conquer. The only way to survive is to relive the story of human history. Kings shall once again rule with divine right. and you must take up the sword, and once again write history with its blade.
New York City is America's most powerful and valuable city. It is a center of commerce, intellectual pursuits, and culture. It is a shining gem that represents what it means to live in the modern era. It is a testament to America's cultural diversity, and is a symbol of the American culture. It is the city that never sleeps, the great innovator, but like all other cities, it will soon meet with an unsuspecting fate, one that no one saw coming, and one that many will not survive. There are many paths to take, and several lead to success, but choose carefully, as just as many will lead to death. Some paths are hard, some easy, but all lead to a new era of human history. This, my friends, is the end of our world. The Modern world has died, can a better one be established in its place?

Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:17 am

I glanced over at Chomps, then back at Kale, and shrugged. "Well...maybe he just saw the sense it what we were saying? I don't know. Still, it doesn't look like he's sleeping. You guys should get to bed though." I said, and glanced at Jasmine as she spoke about the foot ball team, and then snapped my head over to Chomps as he attacked the bleachers. It seemed as if I was the only one with no emotional connections to New York, but at least that meant no hard memories to leave behind. I sighed, and poked around the back of the carriage as Kale and Jasmine went to sleep. I looked over at Chomps one last time, and then started digging around in the back of the carriage. I came back with a wooden broom stick, the broom long since broken off, but there seemed to be a slit down the center, going maybe two inches into the end of the broom. I glanced between it and the knife, and smiled with an idea. I took a kitchen knife, and examined it closely. The handle...I glanced over to see Chomps still awake, and figured I could take the time to fiddle with the knife. I shook it, jiggled it, and attacked it with other knives until the handle came off, leaving only the blade. I smiled triumphantly, and grabbed the broomstick. I quickly wiggled the blade into the slit, and then looked around once again for something to secure it. I saw the shoes from one of the guys, and quickly pulled out one of the shoelaces. I then wrapped it around the end, and tied it as tightly as possible. I then jumped from the carriage and spun the weapon, doing a spear-form for Tae-Kwon-Do, and smiled in victory as the weapon cleaved the air.

I then waited, looking around, keeping my ears and eyes open, but nothing was seen or heard. Eventually, I felt sleep beginning to overtake me, and I glanced at my watch, flipping it open. Two and a half hours had passed, so with a sight, I walked over to Chomps, and held out the spear to him. "You're up to take watch. You can use the crossbow, or this afro-engineered naginata. Either way, it's better than just a knife right?"

Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:22 am

He could hear Kale and Stephen talking before he was out range. Not really taking what they said to mind, just focused on his own thoughts.Chomps came to the other side of the bleachers, this was his spot for the night. It wasn't much, but enough to keep him comfortable. Since he wasn't going to sleep, he would be surrounded by the darkness of the night, and possible looming danger. This would mean his mind would be wandering, looming on past experiences at this damn school. Chomps had to do something to get his mind off it..Remembering he had not worked out in a good number of hours, that might be just what he will do to keep himself up.

Chomps began to do push ups rapidly. He didn't even stop for a break, pushing himself to keep going until he couldn't do it anymore. His mind wasn't entirely clear though, he was thinking too much on the current situation. Getting out of this city, to find somewhere better. Chomps wasn't a man for change, but when it couldn't be avoided he was going to have to live with it. He sighed and finished his push ups, having come out to about 50 or so without a break. He sat up and placed his hands on his head...Too much was floating around..He just needed to..Relax..Chomps folded his legs and placed his hands on his knees, breathing in deeply and exhaling heavily. Meditating was what he did after long matches. To restore his frame of mind and be able to think and function those long nights where he didn't get much sleep.

After hours of concentration, he heard footsteps approaching, yet he didn't react to them right away. Then when he heard the familiar voice of Stephen, asking which weapon he wanted to use for his watch. Chomp smirked and shook his head. "My hands."
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 11:43 pm

"You know, there's a video game character that does that. Donkey Kong, I think. He gets all mad or whatever and starts pounding the ground like crazy,"she murmured, looking over to where Chomps was when another clang from the bleachers popped in her head. "I think I'll call him DK from now on." The pounding eventually grew down and so did the voices. Kale and Stephen didn't say much else, Stephen being busy constructing something while Kale went to sleep. She was going to stay up too but she knew it would ruin the entire schedule if she did. Jasmine was going to need as much energy as possible for the following days ahead. Defeated, she curled herself on a bleacher, not wrapping up in anything before fatigue finally came to her.

Somewhere in her 4 hours of sleep, a dream came to her in little bits of light. It had something to do with books, of course. Books of all different varieties: small, large, children's, encyclopedias. Jasmine watched all of these books unfold in first person, every front covering turning to reval a college of letters, sentences, pictures, colors. It was knowledge, a surplus of knowledge that amplified by the second. Book after book opened, its contents spilling out of the pages and hovering in the air around her. It wasn't until those words, pictures, and colors turned into a crossbow did the dream suddenly turn into a nightmare.

The crossbow shot towards her but the adrenaline was already fueling her steps before the arrow of words could impale her. Jazz was on a run, sprinting away from what she loved the most: words, knowledge, information. Her body jerked in her sleep, causing her to shift on the bleacher and change her position. She whimpered much like a little child having a nightmare, one of those things being true. The nightmare faded into a black nothingness and then she felt safe. She felt safe in the darkness more than she did with her knowledge being shot at her.

Jasmine did not have
a good sleep.

Last edited by Iliana on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:16 pm

Kale didn't stay asleep for long. She woke up to darkness and tilted her head to the side, shifting around until she spotted Jasmine. The other girl was sleeping, but fitfully. No surprise there. She half sat up and looked around more, seeing Stephen and Chomps in discussion a small distance off. There was a glint of something with them. She assumed it was a weapon of sorts. A smart idea for the watch. She sighed and sat up all the way, giving up on going back to sleep for now. The football field was still dark, and so was the school. Looking at the abandoned building gave her an idea.

"Hm.." she mused, getting up and going over to Stephen and Chomps. She ran her hands through her hair absently on the way, then gave them each a smile when she got there. "You guys switching watch? I can't sleep. I want to go and explore the school. Chances are the cafeteria is still stocked, plus the maintenance closet might have good stuff. Anybody want to come along?"

Last edited by Rokku Hizori on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Yellow hard to read.)
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:07 pm

I shrugged at Chomps's decision, but accepted it. I didn't feel like it was the best of ideas, but it was his own choice. I looked over as I heard footsteps approach, and tightened my grip on the makeshift spear, but calmed down when I saw it was Kale. "Couldn't sleep I see. I'm not sure if I'll be able to either..." I said, and looked over to see Jasmine fidgeting in her slumber. It seemed as if no one felt safe enough to get a good night's sleep, but what else could be expected? I heard Kale's suggestion, and looked over at the black silhouette that marked the school building. It was absolute foreboding, daring anyone to come near it's perfect darkness. I shook my head. "Even if I don't want to sleep, someone has to watch out for Jasmine. You guys can go if you like." I said, holding out the spear to Kale.
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Chomps began twiddling his fingers. Their talk of sleep was only further irritating him, building frustration inside him. Stephen did make a good point though, whether he or Kale were sleeping. Jasmine had to be watched. Even though he wasn't the best of friends with her, Chomps figured if he's staying up he might as well watch out for her. He rose up towards Kale and Stephen, looking in his direction. "I'll watch out for her, better than just sitting here." He walked a few steps ahead, then turned once more to Kale. "Should you pass locker 251...Give it a good hit for me." Then continued on his way.
Back to top Go down
IcarusFell
IcarusFell

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:31 am

Jeremiah paced between the closed cafeteria doors. The world had gone to hell not too long ago and the closest place where food was stored had already been locked. His plans for survival were being ruined quickly.

A gust of wind from a broken window blew through his old bones. He suppressed the shudder. With a grunt he pulled out his gun and began cleaning it. The damned thing wouldn't work, but right now all he wanted to do was concentrate and old habits helped him with that. Then a thought came to him. The school had a vending place outside on the football field premises. He walked briskly through the corridors until he came to the exit.

"Well, I be damned." Jeremiah muttered to himself. New York was packed, but seeing a small organized group of people was as rare as a gunshot nowadays.

EDITED
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:19 am

The tossing and turning never did stop. The crossbow of knowledge didn't return but the darkness was just as bad. Darkness. That was the reason she was traveling with the other three. Darkness had completely enveloped the entire state of New York, and maybe other places in the world...so where was she going to be safe? Usually, when Jasmine peeled her eyes open from a bad nightmare, there was always a glitter of sunlight to cheer her up...but this particular nightmare had her on edge.

What was it trying to tell her? Her own knowledge would be the death of her?

"No..."she whimpered, turning over on the cold metallic plate of the bleacher. She tucked her knees close to her chest and finished it off by wrapping her arms around her tuckered legs: sleeping in the fetal position. She heard voices and rustling even in her sleep which still wasn't a pleasant one. No matter how hard she willed herself awake, fatigue had taken it's toll and Jasmine was out like a lamp. There were a couple more whimpers of fear and something close to pain, but other than that, Jasmine remained in her slumber state, shivering and shaking from time to time.

Most likely one of the worst sleeps she had ever taken.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:16 pm

"I don't want that thing. I've already got this," Kale said, waving off the spear and gesturing to the crossbow she had liberated from their attackers. She'd have to start whittling bolts for it tomorrow while they traveled, she figured. For now, the ones it came with would do. Chances were that nobody was in the school anyway. Anybody that was hiding out in there wouldn't be armed with more than an eraser, right?

"251. Got it," she said to Chomps with a small grin, not asking. Former bully, probably. She nicked the spear from Stephen and tossed it to Chomps, then turned back to the boy who had been pushed into going with her.

"Come on. The sooner we go, the sooner we get back. The gym will probably have some spare duffels to carry anything we find, so we should probably start there and do a sweep for supplies. I don't want to leave anything behind that might be useful down the road," she said, walking with him across the big empty field. "Sound good?"
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:47 pm

I was a bit startled when Kale snatched the spear from me, but it quickly went away. I darted over to the cart, grabbed another kitchen knife, and ran back over to Kale. I took a mental note of the number Chomps had mentioned to Kale, and then looked at her when her attention drifted back to me. "Gym...alright. From there the cafeteria. I wonder if the police would still try to arrest us for trespassing and theft..." I mused. It had only been about two days since technology stopped, but with gunpowder useless and police cars not moving...what authority could they or the government really enforce at the moment? "I guess we're better armed than they are, aren't we? Guns are clubs now...Let's get a move on. I said, and lead the way toward the school. It was basic military strategy, melee units ahead of ranged units. I moved to the tallest section of the building, and tried the door. Locked, as expected. I took a step to the side, and motioned to the glass. "I don't know if its bulletproof or not, but lets give it a shot...aim low so we can kick the glass in." I said, then moved behind her. I did not notice the man nearby, too dark to see anything, but once I glanced in his direction, my knife was raised in some form of battle stance. "Shoot the door, then reload quickly, there's someone over there..." I whispered to Kale.
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Chomps took the spear thrown to him by Kale, but placed it down. He wasn't going to be using it surely. As Kale and Stephen wandered off, Chomps himself began to wander over towards Jazz. Pausing briefly for a moment, Chomps could hear light sounds. He wasn't sure what they were until he really focused on them..Whimpers..? Where from? Looking over he saw Jasmine curled up and shaking.

Moving closer to her, those whimpers were from her. He was no psychatrist or anything, but he could tell she was in a fit of some kind. Nightmares possibly. Chomps remembered having those before he started wrestling and training. Most of those times he seeked comfort. A bit of a frown came to him while remembering those times. With a sigh, he knew she probably wasn't as strong as him and during these times they were gonna need strength.

Chomps sat near Jasmine and gently patted her shoulder. Hopefully it comforted her some. Looking around to make sure no one was watching them, or planning some sort of ambush. He would be ready for it though, even if he was hurt, as long as she wasn't..That's all that mattered.
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:05 pm

The sleep, however a bad one it turned out to be, simply could not be fulfilled because of her current location: in a football field of a high school surrounded by strangers that almost got her killed by having someone impale her with a crossbow. With that sudden realization in her head, Jasmine flung her eyes open almost as if she hadn't been sleeping at all, hoisting her upper body up with the support of her elbows on the bleacher. It was dark when she looked around, no surprise there. Her eyes both hadn't adjusted from being closed for hours and it was probably some time in early morning. Jazz sat on the bleacher, rubbing one of her cocoa eyes with the back of her hand to further relieve herself from the fuzzy after effects of sleep. The first thing she caught was that someone was....touching her.

"I know Kung FU!!!" In a blur of auburn and gray, Jasmine swung the back of her so hard that it came in contact with the pervert's chin, releasing his touch on her shoulder. The move made her elbow scream in pain, but adrenaline was in play so the pain was going to have to wait. Whoever that pervert thought he was...touching her like that...he just got a rude awakening. She recovered herself as quickly as though she hadn't even moved at all. Her body twisted to face him, hands up to a stance directly below her neck. Her right foot was raised in the air like the typical Kung Fu sort of stance, ready to lash out and kick him straight in the 'you-know-where' if he thought he was going to get his dirty little pervert hands on her again.

"I'm serious! I know about every one of the Kung Fu stances from Ancient China all the way to the Postmeridian Koreans's that live in Pompoa, so don't think I won't Flying Mantis kick you straight into next centu....Oh." With a simple upward tilt of her head, she could make out Chomp's face grimacing in pain just above her, where the face of her 'pervert' should have been. An innocent expression fluttered on her face, her eyes blinking in curiosity.

"Chomps. Why were you touching me? I almost...I almost kinda killed you there!"she laughed as if they had just joked about something funny and not taking his life.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:32 am

"The police are no better than everybody else at the moment. If any of them are really still going around trying to do their jobs, they're crazy. I bet most are with their families avoiding looters and all of that," Kale said as she followed after Stephen. When he gestured to the window, she glanced to the side and noticed the shadowy figure. To her, it didn't look like more than a trick of the moonlight, but she couldn't dismiss his worries. Better safe. She nodded and loaded the crossbow, aiming carefully before letting the bolt fly. It made a good crack, but didn't shatter.

"I'm surprised they put decent windows in this place," she said, walking forward to retrieve the bolt and kick hard at the cracks until it broke enough for them to duck inside. "Hold on," she murmured, loading the crossbow again to make sure that she was ready, just in case. "Alright. You want to go first or me?"
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:31 pm

"I'll head in first." I said, glancing all over once again. The figure I had seen was no longer there, and I began to wonder if it had been real or if it was merely a trick of the dim light. I kicked a few stray shards of glass away, and carefully squeezed into the window. I came out with a few scratches, but nothing more. I checked the door, and was unsurprised to find that it opened from the inside easily enough. "Well, at least we won't have to break out of the building. That counts for something." I said, and took a look around. I made out the pale outline of a clock, and for whatever reason guessed it was probably around five in the morning. "So what're we looking for first? Food? Shop materials? Maybe see if there's an agriculture department?"
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:46 am

Chomps was surprised by Jasmine's sudden flurry of movements. His one simple touch seemed to have frighten and alarmed her. Which probably anyone would do now. In these times, people didn't know who were allies and friends. And it was partially his own fault for not saying it was him in the first place.

"You could have killed me. Yeah." He smirked and tried to play it off as a joke like she was attempting to do. "You just seemed a bit shooken in your sleep and I was only trying to provide some slight comfort." Chomps retrieved his hand and folded it over his chest. Looking out to the field in front of him. The typical just playing it off kinda deal. His expression turned blank, noticing Jazz was still looking to him. Returning a look within the corner of his eye.

"You're fine. No one is going to bother you. I'm on guard"
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:10 pm

"Geez, talk about taking it like a man,"she murmured, watching look out at the field casually, as if he had never been elbowed in the jaw just a few moments before! It was most likely due to her lack of strength. Jasmine wasn't necessarily the strongest female of the group (neither was Kale, but who was keeping track, really?), but she at least expected her speech of Kung Fu to falter him in his steps if the elbow didn't work. To her dismal surprise, Chomps was immune to both her physical force and her spree of knowledge behind it. She stared at him, her jaw agape at the reasoning behind her moment of freaking out.

"Oh, I was?" After blinking away her surprise, she laughed while shoving his arm with the same elbow she used to deck him across the chin. "Ahhh, that's nothing! That's nothing but Rapid Eye Movement, REM sleep. Well, it's not really sleep...more of a state of unconscious that allows your eyes to rapidly move back and forth to create an image in your head. Once that stasis goes on, you know, you start getting more images with your REM, which creates what we call 'dreams.' I don't have the ability to lucid dream yet, so that's why I was dreaming about..." There was a pause that lasted a lifetime before she decided to continue on.

"...Books."

It wasn't a lie but it was also not the entire truth. Books were a big basis for the horrendous nightmare she had about the knowledge and the crossbow, but none of that was Chomps' business. It wasn't going to help them wait out the time until the other two return and it wasn't going to help Chomps free his mind from whatever seemed to have been bothering him since their arrival at the field. He was a lot better off knowing about the true definition of the word 'dream' than diving into the confusing, inexplicable fortress of her mind.

"So...can you lucid dream?" Jazz was never really one for starting conversations.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:26 pm

Kale nodded silently as Stephen offered to go in first. That was pretty much expected, even though she thought maybe she should peek in before he did. On the other hand, his weapon was a lot more useful in hand-to-hand, unless she wanted to swing the crossbow around like a club. It was an option.. just not a very good one. For now she hung back as he kicked the rest of the window out and climbed in.

"I don't think the police really care who breaks into or out of anything, anymore," she murmured as she walked in, glancing around. Nobody. Well, that was good. She relaxed her grip on the bow and looked to Stephen.

"Food that isn't going to go bad is our top priority. If there's anything that is gonna go bad but hasn't yet, we'll just eat it tonight or in the morning before we go. Let's head to the gym first since it's right here. We need bags or a tarp, or else we're going to be making five million trips," she said, nodding toward the wide gymnasium doors.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:17 am

"Ah, storage, right!" I said, and made my way to the huge doors Kale had indicated. They opened easily enough, no sense in locking things inside the building I guessed, or maybe the janitors were lazy. Either one was equally plausible. I glanced around, and saw the mats, what appeared to be a small office, but no sign of any of the equipment, at least nothing i could see in the deep darkness. I pulled out my glowstick, relieved to see that it still gave off a decent bit of light. I made my way to the office, and found a short hall leading to the locker room. I pushed it open, and it gave without any resistance. I looked around and spied an obvious storage room, and shoved the door open, this one opening to a large storage room full of balls and other athletic equipment. "Well...Guess now we hunt until we find something." I said, moving the glowstick around to shed a small bit of light into the room.
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 12:19 am

It was true. Chomps really did take that elbow to the jaw like a man. The training Chomps used to endure before he became a wrestler was unparalleled and even worse than any trap from the SAW movies. His expression was still unchanged, and his gaze returned to out into the field ahead of him.

He saw back into his past. His haunting past. Chomps was able to fill everything in. Detail for detail. The entire football team, cheerleaders, and himself. The small skinny kid that was constantly picked on. The sheer memory of it angered him. He was almost completely out of focus if Jazz hadn't started talking about her dreaming. He was half listening, half not. IT wasn't her fault by no mean. And he did his best to pay attention.

Luckily she asked him a question about lucid dreaming. Least it would eventually drift onto different topics...Right? "I..I can't say I have done what you said. But.. I have had my share of dreams." Chomps smiled a little. "Those dreams seem to be the only good things happening as of late." Chomps turned his head to her. "That and at least being able to survive and have a group of folks with the same destination."
Back to top Go down
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 8:56 pm

"Tch! You say it like it's some kinda honor that we're all going to the same destination or whatever,"she scoffed, flipping a piece of her burgundy red hair behind her ear. "To me, it's more like a given. I probably woulda died from starvation or complete and utter lack of oxygen if I kept on reading about those locks, and I'm glad for that. I'm glad you guys found me and told me about stuff, but we don't really have any other choice but to stick together, right? It's not an honor or a privilege. It's more of a necessity." He didn't look like he was listening or gave two hoots of his brain train about what she was saying...which only made her want to continue.

"I don't know much about Kale, but I like her. I like how she takes charge and knows what she's doing just by using her memory or common sense or something. It's awesome. Even with all of these books I read, I don't think I could come up with some sort of plan to help other people in a crisis like this. Stephen is pretty cool, makes me wonder if he's homosexual or not. Not that all cool people are homosexual! Just most of the good looking cool people." She refrained from saying the word 'gay', just in case Chomps found it offensive or something when pertaining to his friend. She could tell by watching the way his muscles relaxed when Stephen spoke to him that they had been some sort of friends for however long a time.

"He's bold. We need bold. You're more brass and brawn, but Stephen def has you beat. He's not like Kale, but he knows what he's doing. He's open to suggestions and opt to change his mind about something if he feels its going to work best for the situation. We need someone like that." She paused for a second, looking out over the field while fighting the bubbly feeling of finally having the nightmare out of her head. The way Chomps' face drained of some color while overlooking the blanket of grass made it obvious that he was reliving one of his. Poor guy.

"And you? You can just beat stuff up."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 10:02 pm

"That sounds about right," Kale muttered with a nod. Her eyes were adjusting, but not quickly enough or well enough to really give her vision from the faint glowstick light in the closet. She scanned the shapes, making out piles of basketballs and what smelled like a basket of old jerseys. Disgusting. Frowning, she walked inside and tugged out her own glowstick, hunting around until she found a large canvas bag that was used to haul soccer balls around. It was big, but that didn't necessarily mean it was more useful. Overloading it with too much weight would slow them down and make it harder to get back outside. She'd have to be careful.

"Here," she said, putting her glowstick in her mouth to free up her hands as she dumped the balls out of the bag and made her way back to Stephen. She left the closet and put the glowstick back in her pocket.

"Do you want to look for another bag, or just keep this one?"
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 1:37 am

I happened upon two move duffel bags as Kale spoke, and removed their current contents. Foorballs and padding fell to the ground, and I turned to look at Kale in the pale light. "I think these should do it. If we try to carry too much we'll overwork ourselves and the horses." I said, making my way back out into the main gymnasium. I wandered back out into the hallway, and looked around and saw nothing to lead me in any particular direction. "Alright...so there's several possibilities: Cafeteria, work shop, or some kind of agriculture department...does New York City even have those?" I wondered aloud, looking around. "At any rate, that look to be the way of the cafeteria...possibly." I said, pointing my glowstick down a hall that was littered with bulletin boards and was a bit wider than the others.
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:02 pm

"Necessity, sure." Chomps mumbled first, turning himself more towards Jazz, dropping anything that he was thinking about before. The conversation had just picked up to a point where he could add more detail on. The current situation. How the world completely went to shit, surviving, sticking together.

He nodded in agreement about Kale. She was a strong woman who had a good sense of direction and plan. In fact, without her we'd probably be wandering around like headless chickens. "Stephen has been pretty down to Earth for as long as I've known him. Homosexual or not. Never really bothered asking." Chomps didn't care too much about his friend's sexual orientation. "He's got a lot of boldness for sure. We need everything we can get, and everything helps."

Chomps felt better slightly. Even though his past still lingered in the back of his mind. What's past is past, and the present and future are what is important right now. He looked down at his arms and wrists and saw that he'd lost some tint, and his hands were ice cold, when usually they weren't..He shook his head, standing up to shake off any remainder of the nightmare left. It wasn't going to bother him anymore..He became one after all that bullying and torture. Stronger, wiser, friendlier.

"Yeah I can.." Chomps frowned. "...You know before all of this shit went down.. When I was younger..I used to be a bully. Yeah. Believe it or not. This place was where I dreaded coming everyday because I'd be picked on for being small and not cool like everyone else. But look where they are..Look where I am.."
Back to top Go down
Ionalien
Ionalien

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Kurt was already inside the cafeteria; having came in to the school through a back entrance. He looked around the kitchen for any and all of the canned food he could fit inside of the backpack that he was fortunate enough to find in an open locker. He made no noise, and listened carefully for any other footsteps. Kurt thought for a moment to go to the principals office and rummage through drawers. He hoped to find matches confiscated before the terrible event that took out all electronics. This school had had a reputation for delinquents, there were even a few past cases of arson, though any matches would have likely been intended for cigarettes. After making up his mind, he zipped up his pack and crept out into the hallway.

Last edited by Ionalien on Fri May 24, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The World Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The World Has Died
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next