Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The World Has Died

Go down 
+2
Juku
Rokku Hizori
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

The World Has Died - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:36 am

"You talk too much," Kale told Doorboy, who she refused to think of as Kurt because it was not nearly as entertaining. At this point, anything that could make any of them smile was a blessing. Besides, he should be grateful to have such an elegant nickname, especially when she could have called him the turd burglar or something like that for hiding in a bathroom.

She followed after Stephen since she had already planned on going to the cafeteria. There wasn't much already on the tables, but there was a station off to the side with utensils. Potentially useful for when they didn't want to feel like grubby little cavemen. She nodded and picked up a box filled with napkins, forks, spoons, and knives. All plastic and paper, of course, but it made it light and easy to carry. After a moment of thought, she added a bunch of condiment packs too. Those things would keep forever.

"Stop yelling," she complained, setting the box aside and hopping into the kitchen through the hole Stephen had made over the counter. She looked around and frowned. He was right. Not much that would last. "Is anything in here canned or do they just serve the same slop that all schools do?"
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 7:29 pm

"My guess is as good as yours. I don't think the schools started preparing anything differently since the 1980's. Well, actually, I do know that they implemented this whole 'Eat Healthy, Live Healthy' thing to where they didn't sell high fructose things like sodas, candy, and overly-sugared products which is a big bummer. If I'm not mistaken, they still make that Mystery Meat or something... Always wondered what was in it... Probably have to do some research on my off time..." Jasmine mumbled something else she was sure the others didn't catch, looking off towards the cafeteria and way into her thoughts as she always did. It was still just as dark as the other areas in the school, but easily navigable. Stephen found the food with out even breaking a stride. Staying close to Chomps, Jasmine folded her hands to her lap.

"Milk may not be the best thing for the trip, but it might be a good thing to give to the horses for the moment. I feel like you guys aren't even thinking about the poor things. Dax and the others have feelings too. Personally, I could do without milk. Water should be fine for me," she added. The one named Kurt seemed so wrapped up in his life than the lives of the other three, not including the horses. Deeming him an egomaniac, Jasmine pursed her lips in his general direction.

The people she met in the past 24 hours...
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 2:38 pm

Following to where Stephen began blaring like an airhorn. He could see the concern, a lack of food. "Long as we're hydrated we can go without food for a bit longer. But we will need to eat sooner or later." Such is him learning that from years of maintaining his body and learning nutrition. Chomps folded his arms over his chest, making a sound of disgust. "This school was never good with food anyway..If you -do- find anything in there..It is best just to leave it. You'd rather eat slime from the gutters." Shivering slightly at the fact, but it was true.
Back to top Go down
Ionalien
Ionalien

PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:16 pm

All this talk about the food here almost started to make him nauseous. The food really was just as bad as they were saying, so he debated on whether to say anything about the large cans of various horrible foods. He supposed it couldn’t hurt to mention them as he picked up his sword and left. ”There should be some pretty big cans of quote unquote “foods” and possibly other stuff back there, in a cabinet near the freezer. I already grabbed most of the smaller cans of mildly tolerable fruit cocktails. Also you might find some decent sized knives in a locked drawer if they are still there.” In the past he had stolen money from the register, and been put to work in the cafeteria as a result. At least he could be of a little bit of use now. He thought he saw the one named after a transformer give him a look as he walked away. ”So they obviously all know each other, at least to some extent. None of them seem to exactly like me either.” Kurt thought to himself sadly as he walked away from the cafeteria. Left, right, and another right took him into the front office, where he found even more matches than he expected. Looking through them, there were probably more than a dozen books if he added up the partially filled ones. He even found a small box of strike anywhere matches. He emptied a pencil box that was in his backpack so he could keep them relatively safe, though he kept a single black pen, and a notepad from the front desk. With that, he headed back towards the others.

Last edited by Ionalien on Fri May 02, 2014 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:48 pm

I glanced at Kale as she scolded me, and smiled a bit, amused. Then, Jaz's voice registered in my ear, and she had a point...well mostly anyway. "Jasmine, I know you mean well, but the horses are too old for milk. It'll just make them sick. As for food..." I said, glancing around, trying to find salads or carrots or something. "They're easier to feed than we are...Ah!" I said, and walked over to a basket of fruit set aside for the day that never came. "Apples will be a nice treat for Dax, eh?" I said with a genuine smile in Jaz's direction. I swung the duffel bag around and proceeded to gently place the apples, oranges, bananas and pears into the bag. They would keep, for a while, but eventually would rot like everything else. best to give them to the horses, who could eat a lot more and faster. "Apples are for the horses guys, Everything else is fair game."

I looked over at Kale and then at Chomps, and frowned in thought. They were both pretty well right. Kurt's voice then sounded from a short distance, and the frown intensified. "Lovely to know how well we were feeding out students..." I mentioned with a twinge of annoyance. I made my way to a freezer, or fridge, I really couldn't tell, and swung it open, welcoming the relief of cold air that suddenly washed over me. New York didn't have a hot climate, but concrete and steel got hot in the summer. I took a quick inventory of what was kept here. Frozen pizza packed the fridge, and it was...sad, to say the least. "Anyone want super cold pizza for breakfast?" I said, only half joking.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 5:35 pm

"Allowing anything to go to waste at this point would be a mistake. Once our supply runs out, we're going to regret passing up things we thought were ridiculous, unless we find another place to stock up. I assume that everybody else is in the same boat that we are. Everybody is going to be scrounging up supplies. I don't know how long this is going to last, so I think we should just assume it's going to be a really long time. If we under prepare, we could be dead," Kale pointed out grimly. "Take the pizza. We can start a fire to make it warm enough to be edible, and we can have some of the fruit with it. Maybe we can even crisp the edges so it's not so disgusting," she added.
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Iliana
Staff Member
Staff Member
Iliana

PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 1:05 pm

Jasmine beamed in Stephen's direction after he made the rule to not touch the apples. He was pro-animal care and she liked that very much. When Kurt mentioned the fruit coctails, her lip turned into a small frown that was couple with another growl of her stomach. She can't have been that hungry already. A full day hadn't even passed since she last ate. On top of all of that, there was no telling when all of this chaos would blow over - if it blew over. Tucking a strand of hair behind her right ear, she vowed to keep her mouth shut about her hunger until she absolutely couldn't take it anymore. The little food they found would have to be rationed out, and depending on how long the darkness lasted, those rations could be very minimal portions.

Her heart dropped to meet with her stomach at the thought.

"I don't want any," she answered to Stephen, turning her nose towards the pizza in mock disgust. "I have a low pizza tolerance. The sauce always gets to my stomach in a bad way. Besides, I'm not even hungry." All of it was a complete lie, of course, but with her doing nothing but grinning in the group's direction, she was almost positive she could get away with it.
Back to top Go down
Juku
Staff Member
Staff Member
Juku

PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:10 pm

Chomps was hungry, but not to the point of where he had to absolutely eat something. It was tolerable, yet unfamiliar with him since he was used to eating every two hours. And what was there to eat? A likely mutated pizza that was poorly packed. Fantastic. "I'd rather not grow a third arm during all of this. I pass on the pizza." With a stern response, willing to take his chances with canned goods, fruits, and vegetables.

Cocking a brow over to Jaz, he felt like she was completely lying about pizza tolerance. Does such a thing even exist? Leaning over to whisper in her ear. "Pizza tolerance? Really?"
Back to top Go down
Ionalien
Ionalien

PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Kurt arrived in the cafeteria just in time to hear the other complaining about the cafeteria pizza, which he had grown accustomed to; at least eating the same thing every day made it tasteless eventually. ”You may want to try eating it, even though it tastes horrid. Who knows how long it could be until we get a good and stable source of food.” he said to Jazz and the other guy who was with her at first. ”Also, I know your name is-” he looked at the girl who had already introduced herself, ”Jazz, right? But what about the rest of you? I already said my name, and if we are to stick together I think we should at least get to know each other as far as names.” he said, hoping to start becoming more of a part of the “group”.
Back to top Go down
Rokku Hizori
Head Diplomat
Head Diplomat
Rokku Hizori

PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 8:11 pm

"Hungry or not, we should all eat while there's more food than we can carry with us. We'll be regretting passing on food in a few weeks. So, we'll go with Kale, and Kurt. We heat it and attempt to eat it." I said, glancing at Kurt as he asked his question. "Stephen here." I said, and then grabbed at least ten pizzas and stuffed them into the bag. "These won't last, so we'll need to eat them now anyway. Same with the fruit, though they'll last a little longer." I said, and looked around to see a few more cabinets. "Let's check those out." I said, and walked over to open the nearest cabinet. Within, were loaves of bread. Most of which were moldy and useless. I tossed these aside, and found what seemed to be a fresh...ish loaf of White Bread, likely the last sliced bread we would eat. "Well...it'll do?" I said with a shrug.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The World Has Died   The World Has Died - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The World Has Died
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3