Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Kind of Fantasy RP?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Doctor
The Doctor

Some Kind of Fantasy RP? Empty
PostSubject: Some Kind of Fantasy RP?   Some Kind of Fantasy RP? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 9:38 am

We could do Lord of the Rings or Dragon Age.

Or we could make something up ourselves.

I've been playing Lord of the Rings Online and my character is a Dwarf with Prospecting and Weaponsmithing and I wanna play a Dwarf smith.

Let me know and we'll start making something up.
Back to top Go down
Colin
Colin

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Fantasy RP?   Some Kind of Fantasy RP? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:04 am

I'm a gnome in every fantasy thing ever. I'm in.

Name: Gidge

Race: Gnome

Class: Mage
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Fantasy RP?   Some Kind of Fantasy RP? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 2:45 am

Woo! If we can get one more person, we can start. If no one wants in, we can do a 1x1.

In the meantime, let's decide what kind we should do, exactly.

Should we come up with a whole fantasy world from scratch?

Or maybe it's a fantasy game. Loot, dungeons, vaguely referencing that they're in a game.

I'm open to other suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Colin
Colin

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Fantasy RP?   Some Kind of Fantasy RP? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 3:21 am

I think a fantasy world from scratch sounds good. Might require some brainstorming though.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Fantasy RP?   Some Kind of Fantasy RP? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 4:09 am

Much brainstorming. Allons-y!
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Fantasy RP?   Some Kind of Fantasy RP? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 5:50 am

Okay, so naming isn't exactly my thing. Actually creativity in general isn't my thing. It's a wonder that I ever get characters made. It's a good thing I'm not an all-powerful deity or I'd still be floating around nothingness. Anyway, I'm gonna do my best to cobble together a world. After I get a rough draft, so to speak, we can tweak it, change it, completely overhaul it or scrap it entirely if we have to. And once we finish, hopefully someone can come up with a name.

...Of course, having just written this, any scrap of muse that might help me come up with anything has disappeared. I'll just write what I can and see where we go from there.
Back to top Go down
Colin
Colin

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Fantasy RP?   Some Kind of Fantasy RP? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 1:56 pm

The world/country's name is Erego. It is roughly a circle about 700 miles in diameter. There are 4 zones: Toshi, the richest section that also houses the capital city, Yama, a mountainous region, focusing on mining, Mori, a heavily forested region, focusing on lumber, and Nojo, the poorest region, focusing on farming. The country is mostly landlocked, the only coastline being roughly around the Nojo region to the southwest. The other borders are completely closed off. Since the war 1000 years before, no country has trusted each other or had any kind of international affairs. All countries are self sufficient, hence the four zones. The ocean however is still disputed territory and there is said to be many natural resources as well as deadly monsters beneath the waves. There is treasure on land but it is well hidden and well guarded. One of these treasures is known as the Waters of Jinsei, which gives eternal life and huge amounts of magical power to whoever drinks of them. Only one has ever found them before, and he used the power he gained to begin the war 1000 years before. He is currently imprisoned underneath the capital city under maximum security to pay for his crimes. Because he used so much power in the war and he has lived for the past 1000 years, he is dying, and the secret location of the Waters of Jinsei will die with him. This is just me throwing my ideas out on paper. If you want to do something different you can.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Fantasy RP?   Some Kind of Fantasy RP? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 7:31 pm

Interesting, interesting. Although it sounds more like the premise of a Japanese anime. Not that that's a bad thing, but it may not be what we're looking for. I feel like in a fantasy setting, each race should be protective of the part of nature that they make their home in and base their culture around. Dwarves live in the mountains mining ores and gems and whatever else, Elves have the forests and the trees. I've only played one game where Gnomes were even present and they sort of live in the treetops, so I'm not sure exactly what they get.
Back to top Go down
1-9Kitsune

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Fantasy RP?   Some Kind of Fantasy RP? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 11:35 pm

I will join... But I really want a desert in all of this. But do whatever. Wink let me brainstorm here. I got nothing, so I will leave you guys to do it. I will think of something though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Fantasy RP?   Some Kind of Fantasy RP? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Kind of Fantasy RP?
Page 1 of 1