Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Cromag410
Cromag410

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 1:38 am

Einar raised a brow and nodded to her words, smiling. "Sometimes, I do sometimes. Though I am corrected, or do my own research to find out that it really hadn't happened. Though, every once in a while, I'll get a glimpse or a glimmer of a past life. As if an ancestor is trying to guide me or open my eyes to something I missed." Smile given to Amalie as I leaned down and kissed her chin. "Though, dreams are different. Dreams are a way of our mind escaping to somewhere, where anything and everything is possible."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 1:45 am

"I never met my mother," Amalie confessed quietly. "She died during labor, when I was born. My father refused to keep any portraits of her around, and he would never speak of her. Nobody ever mentioned her, as if she never existed. It was.. hard growing up that way," she explained, then she paused and frowned at Einar. "I don't even know what she looked like, but.. I feel as though I dreamed about her."
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:04 am

Einar nodded to her words, sighing a bit. "The loss of a loved one is always hard to take, and sometimes forgetting about them is easier than grieving for them and moving on." Smile given as he reached down and poked Amalie's belly. "I'd introduce my parents, but I'm scared they'd stuff so much food and sweets down your throat you'd explode." Laugh given as I leaned in and kissed her chin. "If you need a mom....you can share mine."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:07 am

Amalie smiled slightly and nodded, looking away thoughtfully. Was that all it was? She was grieving for a mother that she never knew? It was possible, she supposed. But why now? Why here, in this place that she barely knew, instead of at home in Kiel when she was younger? This was the first time she had dreamed of that woman, she was sure of it. And who in the world was Kadlin? She knew that wasn't the name of anybody in Kiel. This was exhausting to think about.. She tried to ignore it, brushing it off as delayed grief as she finished eating and sat back.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:13 am

Einar watched her, studying her expression and her eyes. Nodding as he too fell silent, figuring words would just either confuse, upset, or be taken the wrong way by Amalie. Einar finished off his first bowl and leaned forward to grab another, ladling his signature giant portions for his giant frame.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:18 am

"I'm going to go for a walk around the track. Get some fresh air," Amalie decided suddenly, giving Einar a smile. She stretched up and kissed his cheek, then slid out of his lap. "Come join me when you're done," she added, leaving him to finish his dinner as she wandered outside.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:41 am

Einar blinked and watched her sudden exit, feeling her kiss his cheek, but he merely nodded and waved her away. Accepting her actions, and seemingly not wanting to ask questions. Einar would sit there and eat his stew, drinking his mead. It would be quite a while before he left the Long House. Feeling that Amalie should be left alone for right now, thinking could be good for her.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:54 am

Amalie started strolling around the track, glancing around. Nobody was in sight. It was a welcome view. She just wanted to be alone for a little while, to take time to breathe and try to understand. Perhaps it was just the change of scenery that jogged her mind for longings of her mother. Maybe she was homesick. That didn't make sense, though. She didn't want to go back to Kiel and she most assuredly did not miss her father. Nothing explained it to her satisfaction.

She mentally prodded at herself, poking her mind in hopes of answers. How did she know what her mother looked like? It could have been a guess since they looked very similar, but Amalie knew without a doubt that her dream was accurate. How? And who was Kadlin? Was that her mother's name..? That didn't seem right. She frowned and brooded more, until her mind suddenly shut down from the stress without warning. Amalie collapsed, not even halfway around the track.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 3:03 am

Einar walked out of the long house and strode over to the track. Whistling softly as he patted his full and warm belly. Strong abs were like a wall of bricks protecting the delicate organs underneath. Though Einar was confused as to why he couldn't see Amalie, though he figured that perhaps she had run up a tree or hidden behind a weapons rack or dummy. Though as he got closer he got more and more worried. Finally he ran forward as fast as he could, strong legs and large feet drumming the earth like a great beast let loose. Running and sliding next to Amalie. Shaking her a few times, calling out to her with tears in his eyes before scooping her up.

Amalie would awaken in a very strange room full of animal bones and heads, vials and jars of mysterious things, herbs, poultices and runes everywhere. The bed she was laying on wasn't quite as comfy, being made of thatch and straw, the blanket just a hastily thrown on rug or two. Her bandages were made of strong linen, a little itchy but they held well on her head.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 3:09 am

When Amalie came around, she was severely confused. She had just been walking, then.. nothing. There was nothing else to remember except for some random rush of blackness. Had she passed out? She had never experienced that before, so she wasn't sure what it was like. Her head did hurt, though. She kept still, glancing around. Bones. That made her a bit queasy, but she was used to such things from the hunting 'trophies' that her father had a few of in his den. She looked away from them and half sat up, trying to get a better look around and figure out what had happened.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 3:16 am

Einar wasn't too far away, after all the hut seemed to just be one large room. He was next to a figure as they sat around the fire. Einar speaking in his natural tongue to the Healer who was replying to him in such a manner, though it seemed that his pronunciation was a little bit Archaic compared to Einar and the rest of the town. Though Einar smiled as he saw Amalie getting up. Walking over to her he placed his arm around her back, under her armpits to help her up. "You simply collapsed as you walked around the track, the Healer says all that happened was you passed out, nothing serious."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 9:21 am

Amalie relaxed the second that she saw Einar. Everything was okay. She smiled a little and let him help her up, leaning against him as she moved to sit up. Her head swam slightly, but thanks to Einar's solid presence, she was able to stay still for a few moments until her vision cleared. All that happened was she passed out. Simply collapsed. Was that normal around here? She wasn't even sure what happened, but obviously this healer person and Einar were not worried. So, she decided to not be worried either. She was alive, and that was what was important.

"Okay," she said, nodding a little and tipping her head back to smile up at Einar. "I'm glad you're here with me. I must be the worst walking partner ever," she added, assuming that he had been with her when she collapsed, since she couldn't really remember. She had no idea what she had just put him through, since he seemed fine now.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:47 pm

Einar breathed in deeply, and sighed, chuckling a bit as he shook his head. "No, I finished my meal. I thought you wanted to be alone for a bit, so I didn't come until you were about a quarter way around the track." Sighing as he leaned down to kiss her head and pull her close to him. "I'm glad you're fine. The healer says you have an odd....aura about you, and that your mind is in a bit of turmoil. Who is...ummm....Kadlin? I think you muttered that when you slept." Looking down at Amalie.

Einar's hands softly brushed through her hair as he sat there with her, pulling her closely to him.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:53 pm

"I don't know," Amalie admitted, a bit ashamed that she had said it aloud. She didn't even know what it meant, but obviously Einar knew it was a name too. Who? Did she ever know a Kadlin? She sighed and curled close to Einar, snuggling against him as she pondered. "When we were.. training, with the girls, outside.. I heard somebody yell. But there was nobody there. They said 'careful, Kadlin!' I thought I just imagined it, but in that dream that I told you about, with my mother? She kept calling me Kadlin while we played. I don't understand, Einar. Am I crazy..?"
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:59 pm

Einar shrugged as he looked down at Amalie. Holding her close as she cuddled with him. "I do not know, you could have been adopted as a child, or something could have befallen your mother that you didn't know about, or perhaps your father...isn't your father?" Einar said quietly as he leaned down and kissed the top of Amalie's head. "You are not crazy, there's just a portion of your mind that has been....locked or perhaps repressed." Einar waved his hand towards the Healer. "Our Healer says that he can do one of two things, unlock it slowly and preserve whom you are.....or unleash it all at once and run a possibility of changing you."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Adopted? That was crazy. Amalie would know if she was adopted. Her father would have told her such a thing - he wouldn't have gone on and on about noble bloodlines and all of that if she were not his. It was insane to even ponder it. She didn't understand what Einar meant about something befalling her mother, either. The poor woman had died giving birth. What mystery was there? She frowned to herself, trying to sort it all out and ending up feeling a bit dizzy.

"Changing me..? What do you mean?" she asked, uncertain.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:35 pm

Einar shrugged as he looked down at Amalie. "Sometimes when there's trauma in someone's life, or someone uses techniques to make another forget or repress memories their current personality gets changed with the original personality they had." Einar smirked and looked around, trying to think for a second. "Such as if you were, lets say for example, a boyish child and your father hired someone to repress these feelings and memories to make you girly and lady-like, by unlocking this in your mind you'll become boyish again."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:24 pm

"There is little chance of that," Amalie scoffed, shaking her head. "I would never act like a boy. It simply isn't proper," she added, then she blinked. That was what her tutors always said. It simply isn't proper. She frowned, pondering, then looked up at Einar. "What do you think I should do..?"
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:04 am

Einar chuckled and shook his head looking down at her. "Vikings care not for proper and normal, we do what we want, and rule how we want." Smile given as he winked at her. "You could do whatever you want and I'd still support you." Einar smirked broadly at her question and pointed to her heart. "Whatever your heart wants to do, it'll never steer you wrong."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:08 am

Amalie paused, thinking. What did her heart want to do? She wasn't sure. On one hand, she liked who she was. Why change? But.. if she did change, that meant that somebody or something had changed her and this wasn't who she really was. Was she so attached to being this way? She didn't feel comfortable in her own skin anymore. Whatever was going on in her head was starting to make her feel crazy, and she just wanted it over. She realized that she had to know. Was she supposed to be different? What if she chose to do it that way and she didn't change? It'd be faster to get it over with and she would know for sure that she could trust her father entirely.. but why did she feel so doubtful..?

"I'd rather do it all at once.. I think."
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:14 am

Einar smiled and nodded. Turning to beckon to the Healer, speaking in his native tongue with the healer replying in a more archaic language towards Einar. The healer stood up, giving Amalie a good glimpse of him. In height he wasn't much shorter than Einar, but looked to be almost skeletal, with what she could see under the mass of furs and cloth strips. Kneeling before Amalie he would begin to chant, reaching in a bowl of some kind of paste. Reaching up to draw runes upon Amalie's forehead, on her skina nd on the bandages covering it. Einar would hold her close to himself as she endured this.

First her head would feel hot, her vision would swim, she'd feel herself swaying and falling at the same time. A rush of air would hit her, then everything would be still as whatever lockbox that held her memories in her mind would be assaulted by the Viking Healer's magic. As if Thor himself was slamming Mjolnir against the box that trapped these memories.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:31 am

Amalie watched the Healer come close, a bit apprehensive since she wasn't sure what to expect. What if nothing happened? Would that prove only that she was insane? She frowned at the thought, then resumed paying attention as the man knelt before her and started chanting something that she didn't understand. Though she was careful to stay still as he drew something on her face, she couldn't help but inwardly wince at the odd feeling. What in the world was that even made of..?

She didn't have much time to think about it as she soon started feeling hot. A fever..? She blinked and swayed, her focus on the Healer slipping without meaning to. All of a sudden she felt as though she was going to pass out again, her body sagging back against Einar's.

And then, she was elsewhere.

She was running around, chasing the woman that she knew to be her mother. A second later that memory was gone past, being replaced with one of a man scooping her up and tossing her in the air with a laugh. The man she had almost mistaken Einar for before, she realized. He set her down and handed her a wooden sword as big as she was, laughing as she waved it all around and growled like a harmless puppy. In a crack that memory had gone by as well, replaced by her sitting in a bed, listening to shouting and screaming outside. She cried in fear, seeing flames out the window and hearing things she didn't understand. The memory slipped and she found herself curled up under her bed, staring out as her mother yelled at somebody else. A second later she fell, blood blossoming from her chest as Amalie started to scream and somebody yanked her out of her hiding place. Lord Rosenthal.

In reality, she attempted to scream something along the lines of 'Stop, no more!' but she didn't know if she even made a sound.

Her memories continued, not seeming to care that she was now a very unwilling viewer. She was sitting at a desk, her ankles chained to the chair to keep her in place as her tutor sternly told her over and over again that her name was Amalie, not Kadlin. She flinched at the whack of the ruler, crying and begging to go home while being told that she was home. The memory changed, she was sitting facing a man who was forcing her to repeat all that he said. Lord Rosenthal was her father. She believed it. The truth was gone.

Another memory skittered by, this one barely there, but she caught it. Lord Rosenthal, shouting at one of his guards who questioned why he was bothering with Amalie. It was revenge, he said, for those savages daring to murder his son. She didn't understand, but the memory slid away again, leaving her shaking and gasping to breathe.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:49 am

Einar merely watched Amalie as she seemed to half zone out and half pass out in his arms as it seemed her mind was wandering. Einar's large body looked like some kind of colossal creature guarding the small frame of it's masters. Einar's eyes looked down at Amalie as he watched her shake and gasping in his arms. "It's alright Amalie, it's alright, you're here...with me." Smile given as he leaned down to kiss the top of her head.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:53 am

Amalie blinked, her vision finally clearing and focusing on Einar. The second she realized that she was back in reality, she burst into tears and simply clung to him, not saying a word. How could all of that be true? Surely it wasn't! But.. she knew it was. Everything she knew was a lie.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:07 am

Einar blinked as he saw her cling to him and bury her face. Feeling her wet and hot tears through his clothes. Einar wrapped his left arm around her waist while his right hand reached up and pet the back of her head. Smiling as he pet her there, staying quiet as he silently supported her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter   Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vikings and Nobleman's Daughter
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Agasaria :: Roleplay :: Romance Roleplays :: One-on-One Romance Roleplays-
Jump to: