Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Welcome back!

If you're new and registering today, don't forget to post an intro thread in our Hello, Sunshine category so we can all say hello! Thanks!
Agasaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agasaria

A writing site for newbies and veterans alike - we welcome open roleplaying with any genre and skill level welcome, as well as writers of short stories, creative pieces, poetry, workshops, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Once the magick casters took over dousing the fire, Caidy decided that she was no longer needed. Matthias and the blacksmith both had been tended to, and she had her own shop to check up on. There had still been customers in there when she ran out, not to mention the thief. Hopefully nothing was missing, but if it was, she would simply remake it.
Back to top Go down
https://agasaria.rpg-board.net
Colin
Colin

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:16 pm

Right as it seemed that I was about to get a job, I heard screams of a fire and saw people running toward the blacksmith shop, Caidy included. I guess I would just have to wait and see about a job. The shop was unattended and I could probably have my choice of what I wanted out of it. However, Caidy had been kind to me and was about to offer me a job. Not to mention she had shown no sign of dishonesty or shady business practices. She's an honest worker doing an honest trade and I respect that. She'll find none of her wares touched when she returns. In the meantime, I'll look around and see what she has for sale. If I'm going to be assisting in her shop, I should at least be informed about what I'll be selling or making.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:22 pm

Strolled through the streets, half walking, half swaying. Hands constantly moving to make sure he didn't fall against a wall or person, apologies flowing from his lips liberally. Heading southward towards a little corner of the city he heard the sounds of banging metal, and obscenities. Smiling to himself as his pace seemed to increase and get steadier.

Those around and happening by this shop/house would hear a great deal of cursing that would blush a whore, and offend even the vilest of gods. Angry yellings with a thick scottish, though typically known in Geoterra as a miner's accent, dirtying the air. Yelling and raising a ruckous as he worked.

"Gods be damned piece of f**king steel. Can't f**king get this c**ksucker to fit into place! Always one percent down or up! Never perfect! By my beard, my brethren would be ashamed!" Thick scottish accent almost blending th words together, rs rolling, a's and e's light andiry. Though he looked up as a large shadow draped over his forge. "Mah sehrvices ahrn't chehp!" Though a smile went over his lips. "Son."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:30 pm

"Edward, I am glad you're still here," Caidy said as she went into the shop. She gave him a smile went over to the glass cases, picking up the stack of orders that she already had. This would fill her time for at least a couple of weeks, though she could probably squeeze in a few more small things if somebody was truly desperate.

"I am willing to give you a job cleaning the shop three nights a week. I may increase it if the customer flow keeps up like it is today, but for now that's where we will begin. I expect you here every other night at sundown, starting with tonight. I'll give you three gold a night, sound fair?"
Back to top Go down
Colin
Colin

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:38 pm

Three gold a night? I can get food! And not just fruit from an inattentive cart salesman. The people of this town have been honest. I might as well follow suit. And who knows, maybe my skills can be put to better use somewhere else.

"That sounds more than reasonable. Thank you very much. I'll be here tonight at sundown and no later. You have my word."
Back to top Go down
1-9Kitsune

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:56 pm

Kusenai found himself in a rather sketchy part of town. Heavy cursing and whatnot were tainting the wanted peaceful air. A woman dressed poorly, stumbled over to him, and leant onto his body, her breath heavy of liquor. "Lookin' hic' for a hic'.. Good time?" She slured into his chest.
"Unlikely." He replied pushing her off his body. The day was ending soon, so he quickened his pace.

A man hunched over a trash can clearly regurgitating earlier lunch, lifted his head to see Kusenai approaching. "Would you have happened to see a tall man, with armor come round' here?" Kusenai furrowed his brow.
"And what if I have?" He asked slyly.
"Then you tell me since I asked about it." Kusenai narrowed his eyes.
"My mind is a little... Cloudy. Maybe you can clear it, hn?"
Kusenai chuckled, "those who ask shall receive." Kusenai closed both eyes, and opened one. "Tell me where a tall man clad in armor went." His one eye formed a black triangular pupil where it span rapidly.
The old coot's expression changed to mesmerization and he grumbled out an answer while pointing to a local blacksmith shop. His pupil disappeared, and the smallest smile formed his lips. "Thank you for your time..." Kusenai retrieved a coin from his coin purse, and he flipped it onto the old mans face.

Without a second glance, he strode over to the blacksmith shop.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 7:20 pm

Matt stood in the opening of the blacksmiths shop. The first floor of the house was a shop with elegant malachite cases held with gold supports. Weapons of different metals, enchantments, size, and weight littered the room, all of masterwork quality. Any of them would be the prize of a dawrven smith, let alone any others. The second floor was rather squarely built, short squatty furniture decked out in dwarven runes and made of a yellowed steel made famous by dwarves.

Matt looked upon the dwarf, and took in his details again even if it was the hundredth time. Standing nearly over five feet, a giant among dwarves, and having square shoulders and a broad muscled body to put any warrior to shame. Even with a barrelled body he was still far fitter looking than the young guards. Wearing only a pair of trousers and boots his darkly haired form seemed to have scars from fights, not forging. Long dark hair and beard clasped with bronze dwarf runed hair clasps. Broad face, flat nose, and thick bones akin to dwarves made his body still short and squatty even given his abnormal height.

Matt strode forward with open arms as did his father, though quick as lightning the dwarf jumped up and grabbed hold of Matt's ear, pulling him down to one knee, around the dwarf's height. "Th' 'ell ye been doin boy?" Growling deep voice came out. Eye rested on Matt angrily, but not out of hate. Much like how a parent looks upon a misbehaving child.

Matt preceded to tell him everything before the dwarf let him go. "See Da, I ain't been doin nothing bad!" Matt protested. "Aksept gettin mah arrmerr dairty!! AN BANGED AHP!" Yelles back his dwarven father. "On me beard son, you're a headache for a blacksmith's son. Though, ye are a Paladin, and ye make meh prood." Grumble given as he let go, Matt standing before him. "AN MAH NAME ES BELVIN! Not Da, you're too big ta be mein!"
Back to top Go down
Colin
Colin

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 7:24 pm

As the sun starts to go down, I walk to Caidy's jewelry shop for my first night of work. I've never had to clean before but it's work and I'll try just about anything once. I open the door and see the first floor empty.

"Caidy? It's Ed. I'm here for work. Are you there?"
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 7:30 pm

About an hour before Edward was due to show up for work, Caidy headed back into her little forge. She left the door to the back room open so that she could hear if anybody came in to the shop, but it was really more for looks than anything else since she never paid attention to much when she was working on new pieces. The heat had forced her to abandon her tunic, leaving her in a snug white shirt with no sleeves and a pocketed belt around her waist to hold her tools and protect her trousers from sparks.

She was sitting on a small wooden stool, carefully heating a piece of rolled silver that she was coiling into a spiral ring. Already she had finished a delicate golden rose that would be melded with the top before it cooled. She hummed to herself as she worked, her head bobbing just slightly to her internal symphony. The movements had already caused one curl to slip out of her messy bun that kept her hair out of her way, but she did nothing to sweep it aside since that would mean another burn on her fingers.
Back to top Go down
1-9Kitsune

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Kusenai stood watching the family feud. It brought the smallest of smiles upon his face. He strode forward bravely entering the two-story building. Around the inside of the shops, were cases, and other assortments. Kusenai recognized that the two up front hadn't noticed him yet. He waited for a pause in the two's conversation.
"A'hem, I hope I am not interrupting anything..."
They both faulted, and looked over to him. "No, not ah' all! You findin evreh' thin alright?"
Kusenai nodded, but shifted his gaze over to the other dwarf. This was the first time he had actually analyzed him.

He, and his father looked like brutes!
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Matt and Belvin stopped their discussion. Belvin hollering his hails and helpfulness. His forge was within eyesight and earshot of the shop. Merely like a porch to the main building, the forge was. Matt was easily six feet four, and where his broad shoulders, thick forearms and heavy hands would suggest he was a brute like Belvin, he was not a dwarfe. Bright blonde hair and groomed full beard that didn't dip below his Adam's apple. His face was human, but with a several-times-broken nose, thick brow but having a narrower face than Belvin!. Nod was given by both of them. Matt strode forth in still dirty armor, using the side entrance of the shop before standing before Kusenai.

"Sorry about that, how are ye? Ye doin fine?" Matt's accent had hints of Belvin's suggesting the dwarf raised him. The paladin began unclasping his armor, stripping down to a blue and gray tunic, gray trousers and blue boots. All padded to eliminate discomfort from prolonged heavy armor wear.
Back to top Go down
1-9Kitsune

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 8:07 pm

"I'm doing.. Better than before, I suppose. No need to be sorry. That fire wasn't natural, something, or someone must have started it. Listen, I want to thank you for saving me. I'm not doing good on money, so instead the only things I can offer you is my service as a companion. The other is my service as a blacksmith. I doubt I can make anything up to these standards.." He gestured his hands around the store. "But it will all be without a price." He didn't show a smile, still being upset about his forge.
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Matt stood before him in mere padded cloth. Tilting his head left and right before nodding. "Aye, I could use a strong arrm, and as for your forge..." Turning around, though only getting halfway before obscenities spewed out. "Ohh no ye don', f**k your kind harrt me boy, but sh*t happens!" Matt crossed his arms. "While I'm questing, he's with me, when I don't require aid or I'm not questing he is to help you run this shop." Matt's deep voice rang out to the grumblings and 'Bah's of his adopted dad. Looking back at Kusenai as he turned about. "You will gather everything you own, and bring it here. We will build you a shed near the forge, but for now you'll sleep down here with a cot. I will split quest rewards with you, and when you make wares you'll keep the gold you make whilst father keeps the gold for wares he makes." Matt smiled as he could tell without looking that the old man was mulling it over and seeing it wasn't a bad deal.
Back to top Go down
1-9Kitsune

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 8:37 pm

"Thank you, I'm grateful for it. But I do have a house. It's on the Far East of Vael. If it is ok, I will be back tomarrow morning." Kusenai allowed the old man to think it over. He nodded his head, and Kusenai sped away to gather his supplies from his forge. Being quick with durable energy, he got to his forge rather quick. The setting sun cast a shadow of his body on the ground next to him.

He searched through the charred remains of rubble speedily. He acquired many tools, and items when he came across the chunk of emerald he purchased earlier. "You piece of sh*t. Because of you, i'm without a damn forge! Hmmm. I could probably sell it for half the price until I get enough money to purchase it again." He nodded silently, and tucked it away in his pocket. He grabbed his creation, and took off to find the jeweler before she closed.

As he approached, he saw a young boy calling into the shop? No... It was a gnome. Realization dawned on Kusenai. "Hey, do you know if this store is still open?"
Back to top Go down
Colin
Colin

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 9:49 pm

I hear a voice calling to me asking if the store is still open. I turn and see the blacksmith looking at me. He must have been the one that called out.

"No, sorry. The store is closed. I'm just here to clean the place. If you don't believe me, you can ask the shop owner, Caidy. She should be around here somewhere." I wonder why he's asking if the shop is open. Why not just wait until morning when it's open again? I might as well focus on the task at hand.I look back in the shop and walk inside, trying to find Caidy. I go into the back and see her working over an intricate piece of gold. "Hello? Caidy? I'm here to work."
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 9:54 pm

Caidy jumped in surprise, not used to having people working for her, and as such not used to people being around after hours. She thankfully didn't drop the ring as she looked up and saw Ed standing there waiting for work. Oops! She had completely forgotten about their deal! Well, better late than never. She put the ring in a cold bath to set and got up, smiling at him as she came out of the forge.

"Hello. Sorry about that, I get.. lost in my work sometimes," she explained as she moved into the shop. She didn't bother putting her tunic back on, more interested in seeing about giving him tasks until she noticed the blacksmith was also about. "Oh, hello! Can I help you? How is your forge?"
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Matt and Belvin griped and grumbled into the night. Their hands busied as they scrubbed his full plate and went about with repairs. Specialized hammers and metal tools made specifically by Belvin to get out nicks, dents, and the like before treating them with heat and mineral baths to strengthen the repairs. Ruckous laughter just as commong as obscene yelling from within the confines of the house.

The hour was late by the time Belvin kicked him out of his home. The sun had set, and Matt had naught to do. Clean padded tunic and padded pants both of a brown color, boots also brown but made of a leather rather than cloth. A bastard sword rested on his left hip. Walking down the street he whistled to himself, walking by the jeweler Caidy's shop, stopping and whistling as he waited. Obviously thinking as his pale eyes looked within.
Back to top Go down
1-9Kitsune

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:33 pm

Kusenai nodded, and was about to leave when he heard a familiar voice. He walked a little closer, and he recognized the happy face of the jeweler. He slowly retrieved the chunk of emerald from his pocket, and offered it to her. "This is the emerald that I purchased earlier. Certain events transpired, so my forge is gone." He frowned, and scratched his chin. "I would like to sell this back to you. It's fine if its a lower price than the original price." He looked closer into her face. "Hmph." He leaned back. Her face reminded him of one of his sisters. She looked maybe a couple years younger than himself.
Back to top Go down
Colin
Colin

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 1:21 am

I listen to the conversation between Caidy and the blacksmith concerning the emerald he bought and his lack of a forge. I wish there was something I could do to help but lots of money and building ability don't really fall into my skillsets. I also have no idea where the cleaning supplies are and I'd like to get to work. It's getting late and while getting paid is nice, sleeping is just as pleasurable, not to mention necessary for working hard and producing quality results.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 1:27 am

"No, no, don't worry about it," Caidy assured the poor blacksmith. "I was there, I saw the fire. You were lucky to get out alive. Of course you can have full price back. I'll keep the emerald set aside for you, in case you want to come back and buy it again when your situation improves," she offered, handing the coins over and putting the emerald away for another time. She gave him a smile, then turned to her new employee who was looking suspiciously sleepy.

"Edward, the cleaning supplies are in the back room. I expect the shop to be swept and mopped, and the glass cases cleaned. Don't worry about polishing the jewelry, you can do that next time. Oh, and don't forget the front windows. Skip the forge, I clean that myself," she explained, gesturing to the supplies he would need. It was getting late, and she felt a bit bad to keep him waiting so.
Back to top Go down
Colin
Colin

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 1:36 am

"Thank you Caidy. I won't let you down." I say with a smile. I walk to the back room and start unloading the supplies I need. They're a bit big but I assume that's because they were made for humans and other tall people.

I set to work sweeping and mopping the store, making sure the wood floors sparkle and shine. When that's done, I clean the glass cases carefully, trying not to scratch them at all, meanwhile admiring the handiwork of my new employer stored safely inside. I finish with the front windows, cleaning the inside and outside thoroughly.

When I feel satisfied with my work, I wipe the sweat from my small brow and take the supplies back to the back room, double checking I stored everything as I found it. Happy with my work, and definitely more sleepy than before, I return to Caidy to make sure everything is to her specifications and to be granted my pay and leave.
Back to top Go down
1-9Kitsune

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 2:12 am

Kusenai accepted the money reluctantly. He didnt feel like taking her money, but he needed it to scrape by on rent for his house. Heading home drousily, he failed to notice a pair of eyes follow him from the shadows.

Time passed in a blur, as he found himself laying in his bed. "Home sweet home..." The following silence seemed restless. He shrugged it off, and fell into a much needed deep sleep. (Time skip) ??
Back to top Go down
Cromag410
Cromag410

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Matt could hear voices, but saw nothing. A shrug of his shoulders as he assumed the shop was closed and that maybe Caidy was dealing with one last customer. The night air had a chill on it, a pleasant contrast to how warm and humid it had been. Matt stepped out of the way of people whom were hurrying to buy last minute items, or getting home as quickly as possible. The guards were out like usual, patrolling the streets with halberds. The tunics they wore matching the colors and sigil of Vael. They regarded Matt with disinterest, shaking their heads with a smile as Matt made his way towards the center of town to stand before the quest board, looking over the various missions.
Back to top Go down
1-9Kitsune

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Kusenai tossed, and turned leaving the sheets disheveled in his wake. Once pleasant dreams were haunted as he sprang from slumber. Searching around restlessly, he found the room to be empty of life besides himself. Crimson pools lurched back and forth before halting, and shifting down. Uneasy pants filled the air, as his body willed itself out of bed. He slowly turned to the other side of the room where he felt a gentle breeze lap against his back. His hairs stood on end, and he paced over to the open window. The stream of moonlight was severed as he closed the window cautiously.

He racked his mind for the memory of ever opening them in the first place. It never came, so he walked over to the door leading downstairs to his living room. His paranoia reaching higher limits. Shadows danced across the walls, and he narrowed his eyes. Now on full alert, he silently descended the stairs taking cover behind a decorative chest. Whispers echoed along the walls recklessly. Kusenai peaked over the chest where he saw an Orc, along with another ransacking his valuables, and tossing them into a bag.

Kusenai crept through the shadows, and behind a couch. He strained his ears to hear their quiet conversation.
"We have enough, now lets finish business upstairs and get the hell out of here." Kusenai gulped, and allowed the two culprits to ascend the stairs. Seeing his opportunity, Kusenai sprinted to the door and exited silently. Very soon shouts could be heard from inside the house. That was kusenai's signal for escape.
Back to top Go down
Layne
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Layne

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 5:03 pm

Once Ed was finished with his work, Caidy paid him the three gold pieces that she had promised. He did a fine job and she knew from the quality and speed of his work that she could add more tasks on gradually and he'd be able to handle them. Perhaps someday she would have him in the forge, but that would be a long way off yet unless something drastic happened. Along with the gold, she gave him a cloth kerchief tied in a knot, holding several slices of meat and cheese along with a small loaf of bread. It wasn't much, but she knew what it was like to have nothing and figured he could spend his new coin on something other than filling his belly.

"I will see you here the day after tomorrow," she reminded him with a smile, pulling the curtains closed after making sure the windows were locked. "Don't forget a blanket tonight. It's supposed to be cold," she added, ushering him toward the door. It was late and they both needed their sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!   Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoterra, Fantasy Midievil FUN!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next